Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 07:35:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle System on Main server??!!  (Read 25130 times)
kryologic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »

Emi alot of the reactions other players are making, make good sense. I for one vote that we be able to attack in the ranks as we did before. The chase through the galaxy is boring. With attacks in the ranks alliances can again work together to help each other. One sugestion i would make if the old battle system was replaced would be to 1) players in the same alliance can not attack each other without paying a hefty fee 2) if a player leaves an alliance to attack someone they should not be allowed to return to that alliance for, like, 48 hours or something similar to that. 3) the market should increase the number of units that can be traded, and rise with the growth of the players. once you get over 1bil power the market has very little value. 4) bounties system should be enhanced so that we as player can set bounties on the heads of players we are either to small or to large to attack, and the payment for each bounty be paid for by a set cost to place a bounty and then the bounty reward should be based on the total fp of the player being bountied, this allows anyone to afford putting a bounty on someone who they have a problem with. I have alot more in the line of ideas to better the bounty system itself if you might be interested in making changes to this affect.
Report to moderator   Logged
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 01:45:08 PM »

instead of intelligence missions, you could make it so we can place  bounties on other commander with our own creds. cap it based on rep just as it is now...but instead of them not being collectible, anyone could collect..when we place the bounty creds would be deposited into council and bounty would be up for only a certian time. say 24 hours..that way the thing wouldnt be filled with tons of bounties . it would make me mad to make the mission you say, then someone moves and i have to hunt them and do it all over again..

Peace And Happy Hunting
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »

well i was typing my last post while kryo posted his lol but i agree scott..

Peace And Happy Hunting
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »

well i disagree with the bounty placed by others on someones head. unless there is a limit. what's to stop someone from placing a bounty on someone repeatedly and with the new bounty systems. u have to basicly take out someones mission ship to collect on it. so u have a wealthy alliance that can basicly 0 everyone with ease without having to do anything thereselves. i do like the idea. but it will have to have restrictions on how many times u can place a bounty on someones head and they will need to have negative rep to place the bounty. now on SOW with the hunt and destroy feature. very good idea. as for SO. i believe it's a very bad idea. SO is more for PVE so why spend there time and turns hunting people down.
NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »

Wow I like kryo's idea  1..but you would have to make some restrictions as wolfy pointed out..

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »

well i disagree with the bounty placed by others on someones head. unless there is a limit.

anyone could collect..when we place the bounty creds would be deposited into council and bounty would be up for only a certian time. say 24 hours..  this is why i suggested 24 hours and the limit of max creds on bounty same as the council does now..

Peace And Happy Hunting
Asria
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »

well i disagree with the bounty placed by others on someones head. unless there is a limit.

anyone could collect..when we place the bounty creds would be deposited into council and bounty would be up for only a certian time. say 24 hours..  this is why i suggested 24 hours and the limit of max creds on bounty same as the council does now..

I agree and disagree. I agree that it should be limited, but I also disagree with the bountying at all.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:28 PM »

Emi alot of the reactions other players are making, make good sense. I for one vote that we be able to attack in the ranks as we did before. The chase through the galaxy is boring. With attacks in the ranks alliances can again work together to help each other.
as it is now alliance members CAN actually work together by covering different parts of the galaxy to find enemies.
and alliance members can actually help each other as you can now attack people higher in power, and lower as well.
the old system only seems desirable because you are used to it. the only reason i would want to go back to the old system is it was a lot easier to avoid attacks. this system forces me to expend resources on powerships and marines i could easily do without under the old system. if i ran a fleet of mission ships with no marines now a player with a fraction of my power can send in a much less expensive formation and wreak havoc on me. in the old system he couldn't even have touched me.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 10:25:09 PM »

no losted your wrong..the old system you could be killed by way cheaper ships just like you described without marines...my first round, when i went kamakazi on all of TH i could see in ranks during dday, Gunfighter Frank killed my entire fleet with ships that cost a 10th of my fleet. ive killed fleets with the same methods...and outside of dday alls they would have to do is pship up and board you that way..the new system is meant for and is awesome on war server...not for main space o.

Peace And Happy Hunting
Darth Bubba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

The new system requires new strategy, so maybe those who have done well under the old system don't want to adapt. As Darwin put it, adapt or die.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
-Albert Einstein
Asria
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 11:01:13 PM »

The new system requires new strategy, so maybe those who have done well under the old system don't want to adapt. As Darwin put it, adapt or die.

laugh Good call.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »

yeah, Drak, i see what you mean in that respect, true that. still yet - i like the idea of actually having to close with the enemy rather than attacking across a rankings chart that always just struck me as abserd. i do like this new way. but one thing which is certain - whatever changes are made or not, i will do my best to adapt and learn, and continue to play SO.
i won't quit over it.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:05 AM »

I once had an idea about a Galaxy were you could do anything, where new stars are born, were empires are forged, where alliances are forged to combat the  Alien enemy, where empires will grow and prosper and ultimately fight the common enemy. Would they survive, would their inner wars make then weaker or stronger, would they be able to rebuild the Galaxy and recreate the planets we once inhabited, would they be able to eventually evade the Galaxy and reach for the stars...

That idea was the description on the first page, it was the story of the Space Odyssey, the first lines that inspired the game, and it involded the Galaxy...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:29:49 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:01 AM »

HAH god i love ppl not using marines... they so much deserve to die wow

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
kryologic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 09:57:31 AM »

once had an idea about a Galaxy were you could do anything, where new stars are born, were empires are forged, where alliances are forged to combat the  Alien enemy, where empires will grow and prosper and ultimately fight the common enemy. Would they survive, would their inner wars make then weaker or stronger, would they be able to rebuild the Galaxy and recreate the planets we once inhabited, would they be able to eventually evade the Galaxy and reach for the stars...

huh? what the heck does that mean lol. as far as my idea with the bounty system, in more detail i think the number of bounties that a commander can place should be limited to, say, 5 per round. this gives them extreme value. also the price paid by the bountyer should be based on his total fp including reserved ship, and that price should be a hefty one. the reward for the bounty should be based on the total fp of the commander being bountied including reserved ships.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: