Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 03:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle System on Main server??!!  (Read 24922 times)
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »

It's like the War server one....only on the main server...I don't like this. What does everyone else think about this? I mean it kinda ruins the point of the War Server...
Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

noo! keep fighting like it is!

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »

BOOO! bad emi, i had a person run away already

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 07:57:59 PM »

OH CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! i mean, from b4 theres pretty few ppl to attack if ur ranked around 200 and up, and now theyr gonna be like spread over limitless of planets????? thats just plain silly. uve already made boarding crazy, now ur making attacking in general crazy?? i dun see why...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »

this is cool, way better than the old way. now you aren't linked at the hip by power level. far more realistic in that sense. now you have to find your enemy to kill them they aren't just sittin next to you on a ranking sheet. now alliance members really will have to coordinate to scout find and fix thier enemy. angel_not

spider2
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:05:28 PM by lostedchylde » Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »

Yes, it's more realistic and fair for both defender and attacker.

Defender has to be able to run or defend his mothership, attacker has to hunt for his victim not just find him in a ranking. That is reality.

DDAY is also made fair by the new battle system, as the online Top 10 will be able to hide from the Top 1 - Top 3 that will want to hunt them down to place their alliance members in there. So in order to defend themselfs, they will just have to be online and running for their turns. Once you run out of turns there will be no more running in DDAY as evading will be deactivated   laugh 

So no more turns in DDAY = sitting duck. Makes a whole lot of tactics to find and pinpoint your targets locations at least a day before DDAY starts, so you know who to raid 1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:08:23 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »

this is cool, way better than the old way. now you aren't linked at the hip by power level. far more realistic in that sense. now you have to find your enemy to kill them they aren't just sittin next to you on a ranking sheet. now alliance members really will have to coordinate to scout find and fix thier enemy. angel_not

spider2
Yeah, but if that's what you want, USE THE WAR SERVER. Why should everyone who doesn't want to have to adjust?

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

OH CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! i mean, from b4 theres pretty few ppl to attack if ur ranked around 200 and up, and now theyr gonna be like spread over limitless of planets????? thats just plain silly. uve already made boarding crazy, now ur making attacking in general crazy?? i dun see why...

It is not the numbers that makes a hunt interesting, it's the actual stalking of the prey if he actually runs and you stalk again and again.
If you hunt a single target for a day it's 100 times more interesting then attacking 100 defenceless targets...

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »

It is not the numbers that makes a hunt interesting, it's the actual stalking of the prey if he actually runs and you stalk again and again.
If you hunt a single target for a day it's 100 times more interesting then attacking 100 defenceless targets...
I guess that's right.  21
It'd be cool if you implemented that tracker system that Cameron and I were babbling about.  laugh

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »

Yeah, but if that's what you want, USE THE WAR SERVER. Why should everyone who doesn't want to have to adjust?

The battle system was not designed for the war server, it was used there first and worked like a charm and it's way more interesting then the ranking system. I had this opportunity to make SO battle system better, now if it doesn't work out we can make it like it was next round there's no rush 1

Let's just see how it works for the new round prizes.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »

question -- can we use the top ten prizes to upgrade someone to gold account  19

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »

onli if ur upgrading me 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »

question -- can we use the top ten prizes to upgrade someone to gold account  19

Of course you can, and they work on both servers 1

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 08:49:56 PM »

Hooray!

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

MUST FINISH TOP 10 THIS ROUND. @.@

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: