Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 01, 2024, 07:08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle System on Main server??!!  (Read 25041 times)
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »

if your going for more realistic emi, you have a long way to go..hunting people might work, but when your offline unless you got high evade then your screwed..thats why i suggested landing on planets and cloaking technology..so far i dont like the new round.  why you never ever freaking ask the players of your game what they want changed and if they want your ideas in the game is beyond me...one of the only games ive seen that the creator does things without taking a poll first. you sure do piss alot of people off that way.you do realize that if the majority isnt happy the majority will find other games?  yawn
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »

That is VERY true. Making changes before you get majority consent is pointless. You need to add a link where players can specifically vote on changes, ingame. Not everyone reads the forum, but if you add a link in game where players can vote specifically on changes then you won't have to worry about wasting time on unpopular updates.  1

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

Yes Drakken I realize what you are saying but you have to understand that I am doing this because I want to make Space Odyssey better, and I am not afraid to take risks. Now if they don't like the new system, we will chance it back next round, we can have a vote pool and everything.

I am only asking that you try out and experiment with the new battle system because I think the posibilities for improving this battle system are endless.

Thank you.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 10:34:14 PM »

I like emi's way of doing it -- if people aren't going to be open minded, then screw them lets just try it. Keep up the good work emi.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
deezee66
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »

Yes Drakken I realize what you are saying but you have to understand that I am doing this because I want to make Space Odyssey better, and I am not afraid to take risks. Now if they don't like the new system, we will chance it back next round, we can have a vote pool and everything.

I am only asking that you try out and experiment with the new battle system because I think the posibilities for improving this battle system are endless.

Thank you.

I always knew EMI was a Risk Taker. 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 10:41:02 PM »

Thank you Black and I agree that everybody needs to be happy so we'll think of something to make everybody happy.

Now first change I did just now was to remove the commanders with power<300,000 from the Galaxy. They should be able to enter it again if they login. It should be a little less crowded with noobs now 1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 10:43:42 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 11:23:47 PM »

if you are offline and get attacked, will your chance to evade increase if you take damage? also we still get nebulae protection at 20% right? so it isn't really any great disadvantage from the old way.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »

Yes it's all in there. If you take damage your power decreases while the attacker increases, so your evading chances increase.
And of course you get the nebula if you lose the 20% power in last 24 hours.

If you ask me it's pretty early to say it will actually chance anything in they way you played as there weren't much PvP attacks on the SO server... at least now you can look for additional targets while you jump and do encryptions / encounters... because this comes with 300% increase in segments and raiding base gains if you do attack others... the reputation should also work better now, taking less rep penalty if you attack another commander or lose a mission...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:50:54 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 02:49:48 AM »

I must say i dislike the war server on the main SO..It's no fun,I vote for the old SO back... 1

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 03:01:30 AM »

well im not a fan of it on main so.. but it will be interesting to see how things work with it.. so my final vote isnt in yet

Rachel
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 05:51:10 AM »

it does sound rather cool actualy  13 and thank god for changing the rep thing  16
just... how can alliance leaders protect their members now? it would be hard to actualy have a war with an whole alliance wouldnt it? and what if someone treats u really crappy and u wanna attack but u just cant find the dude?

In Game --> AMI
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 07:03:19 AM »

@£$£$&¤%#R" @£$@$@&%"#&¤ @£ ¤"#"

yeah ok lets see how it goes, guess i can live with it =)
No more random attacking noobs with no marines though. ill miss that puppyeyes

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
deezee66
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

Most older commanders have patern they use for galaxy travel and all you have to do is figure out where they like to hunt for encounters and you will find them. 14
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »

i think it's better really, you can attack newbies even way below what you could on the old system, if thats what you want, you can attack people more powerful than you unlike the old system, you can actually attack everyone,  if you have 8 people in your alliance you can find anyone fairly quick, also allies can find people for you, scouting is now a real activity instead of just looking for black holes and bio-experiments. we still have neb protection and the warp evasion thing will help to, you know, people  run when they get attacked, at least I do. i think this system is really way cooler than the old "i can only attack the people next to me on paper rankings" trip. it does make it harder to attack in some respects, but thats a good thing i think, definately makes the game more challenging , more tactical and strategic both. not just simple mathematics anymore. change is good - embrace the new ways. cheer
(oh and i think we need more girl smileys)

spider2
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:40:12 AM by lostedchylde » Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 05:13:51 PM »

i agree good practice for war server
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: