Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 01, 2024, 03:57:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle System on Main server??!!  (Read 25031 times)
Darth Bubba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 05:57:20 PM »

I'm all for the new battle system Emi. It should be about the hunt not just who is where in the rankings. We're talking about a galaxy here, so before when we were able to attack someone all the way across it with only a few turns is less realistic and fair. This way we'll have to use our turns more conservatively if we wish to hunt other players.
Report to moderator   Logged

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
-Albert Einstein
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:51 AM »

emi has done taken a great game, one i loved for how simple it was, yet how complex the poltic's were, the war server fighting is great, on the war server...  but you dont thrashed the new server.. and of course all the inexperenced players and noobs are going to agree with you emi.. it makes it easier on them.. but it takes all the fun of a war and a fight out of the game.. the game i knew was exciting, dareing, and you never knew what curve ball may be thown at you..

now.. yuck.. you killed a great game.. i bet as much as half of the members that played previous rounds wont even bother to start this new round..

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:19 AM »

well Emi, of course there are always people who fail to adapt, and cling to what they know, ie. thier "comfort zone",
and of course people are going to gripe about losing thier perceived advantage. But hey, let's drag them kicking and screaming into the future. it's a brave new galaxy. angel_not

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:47 AM »

This new battle system is probably best suited to SO, but it takes out any chance of all out warfare between alliances. I guess it would make the game seem longer, tryin to find your target and all

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:23 AM »

as lamma said though, this is just what all girl thingy rankers need ^^

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Asria
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »

Remember what I said about a new me? It's here. With this new system, I have become a better commander than I used to be.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »

As I said, everybody will be happy, I have an idea to make things great. It's called intelligence missions.

You will have the option to create intelligence missions and get paid credits for creating intelligence contracts, were you submit the location of a mothership commander in a mission like environement.

Then a buyer comes by and searches for a target. Only the accurate missions will be able to be accepted, meaning that if the target moves or is already reported the contract can not be accepted / created. Also, as a security measure against transfers, there will be a max amount you can receive for an intelligence report, depending on the target com level / mothership size / fleets, as well as your commander level. Also two commanders will only be able to exchange two contracts with each other in one day, so you can only accept two contracts from same person in one day.

What do you think? Should work out fine...

Asria
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »

Hell yes!
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 08:06:29 PM »

I like it but there is always potential for abuse. I think the limits you have come up with should do it but Im not as devious as some

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »

maybe its just me but i think on the bounty system you should have to spend you turns to get to the person if you want to bounty someone.. if someone bounties you then to counter you have to spend all your lovely turns to get to them

Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »

laugh its gonna make it harder for all the risk takers to neb each other this round  laugh we will probaly find them all huddled together in the corner of the galaxy. mf_laughbounce2 and yeah i am getting used to the new system already and like it fine. thumbsup
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:36:44 PM by Captain Banger » Report to moderator   Logged
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 12:23:46 AM »

I am on the side of not liking the new system and think that the added complexity will result in the loss of potential new players and revenues to Sir Emi.

What first attracted me to this game was the battling and the ease of doing it (just find them in the ranks and attack/counter-attack) and also that you could donate and battle and not have to spend a lot of time in the game clicking away at missions if you chose not to.  This is no longer why I play, but without this aspect of the game I may have gotten frustrated and not stayed on to learn the game and play for other reasons (since I don't battle that much any longer).

The changes have made a time-comsuming game even more time-consuming, complex and less fun. I believe that the changes are geared more to the hardcore SO vets than new players and I think it will make SO a less attractive and less rewarding game for new players despite the fact that they will probably not be targeted as much as under the old system.  Without new players SO may end up fading away.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 12:28:47 AM »

Badguy brings up a good point. This game is really really confusing to new players. However, that's what training alliances are for. I think that if Emi highlighted the alliance aspect of the game early in the AI guide it would lead many new people to help that they wouldnt otherwise know about

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 01:30:25 AM »

if they aren't smart enough to play this system as it is now they wouldna' ha'e been smair' eno'gh ta play the old system. tha's why thar are thousands of inactive commanders. hell take 'em 'f tha' canna hunt thar prey! if thar wortha' play'rs tha'll ha'e nae mor trouble than any a' us did. if ye want'a help the new'uns just lairk in chat. they all'as show up thar like as not. angel_not

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

i think this new round on main server is stupid as hell.and intelligence missions i vote no..intention for war server was to make a different version of space odyssey where it took all the great things about main server and added a more pvp based game. well, with the merging of spaceo and sowars on main server now there is no longer any spaceo. just sowars v.1 and v.2...one with cred and workers missions and one without. in my eyes emi, you have killed spaceo...slowly but surely, it started with changing mothership missions from being based on power to going to commander level.you said since then the game can be won without the galaxy..that is a false statement, no way in hell you can win just by doing motherships and bounties anymore.. the next blow was to the market and to royalties. instead of punishing the offenders you punished the whole game . and then boarding. there needs to be boarding, but 8 people maxing is gay.and now you make a great game . so wars..and instead of improving the main spaceo...you merge the two so theres no difference..why would i play both now, when the only difference is workers and credit missions. man come on i love space odyssey. but where is it? its gone man.how bout making another server with spaceo classic? so the vets who fell in love with the game can still play it?

Peace And Happy Hunting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: