Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 25, 2024, 08:54:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QUIT COMPLAINING AND SWITCH IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 26742 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 02:17:19 AM »

duo, grow up... again... seriously... who said this game was all about change?  just let it go.

and the fact remains that there is nothing more unnerving for someone trying to play fair then to find out that the people getting past you is not better then you... but just that they had some good connections in game.  that's almost just as bad as hacking the game itself... the only consolation being of course that they will never be #1 as otherwise who will feed them that far?

and one last thing, that there is NO way I am letting get by me...

Right now, I am working on the last end of the bridge about the market being changed, but I have yet to hear solid evidence as to how it effects YOUR gameplay. All I have to say in return to people who say it changes the way the game is played is . . . . . Get some skill. I can't say much on the skill part as I am still not the top 10, however with only being given a limited amount of credits from players and donations, I still remain at the top 20 even after dealing with random attacks that I have had to endure as well as counter attacks.

great, then this whole thread is now pointless because this really doesn't change any part of how the game is played in any shape or form, and the only things it hinders, can be gone around.  7 so nice to hear.

and now to go to the final things:
if you EVER hear me talking out about donations, it's not just because I don't have an account with paypal or whatever... chances are even if I did (which at this moment I DO have a gold account... even though I don't play much now... 10 ) I would still complain about certain parts of it... why? because:
A: Sir Emi said outright straight from the start, he did not want to have a donation system that would create a split in the rankings, where the only way to 'get better' was by donating... or as he called it: 'keeping the playing field even'
B: I have went through TONS of different games, both online and offline, and have seen how certain aspects can be changed by certain things...  like for instance (and sorry for me bringing up such an old discussion) straight from the start, I said 'donating for turns will create problems in how even the playing field is' did I not? I was then told not to worry... but come a couple months later, WHAT was brought up? 'people are donating for huge amounts of turns and jumping to the top' my point? I SAW IT COMING because I SAW IT BEFORE.
THAT is why I occasionally talk out about donation system... because anyone can make a donation system, just look at tinywarz, runescape, adventure quest, and a LOT of other games out there... but it takes a game designer who is more worried about making a good game rather then making a quick buck to try to keep it even... so who am I NOT to put up my own little warning flag when I see a potential problem coming up?
so please, LEAVE DONATIONS OUT OF THIS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

on another note someone said this: lots of other games let people transfer credits and such so I don't see the point in all this.
however, they also have checks and balances to keep it fair.  THIS GAME DOES NOT HAVE THOSE YET, as such, for right now, this is the only way to keep it fair, and Emi has already said he is working on correcting those who legit reason to transfer credits.

and for the rest of you that don't see how this affected gameplay, take this into consideration:
person A pummels person B below his attack range... to keep on attacking him, he would have to stop growing... otherwise, the other person could simply grow right below him...
now enter person C, who is funded by person A, to grow to just the right amount to continue the pummeling against person B.
thus, person A is free to grow even further up, while person B is stuck, as now he is effectively fighting 2 accounts at once. why? because person C's account is being fed by person A, which btw, IS against the ToS.

and really... I COULD go on... but I doubt I really need to.

best thing to do, really, is to drop it.  as someone else said, this is Emi's game, and he has made his decision, and TOLD US he is not changing his mind.  so, this whole conversation is just leading to muting's and banning's somewhere along the way.

oh, and PS, duo, I believe he was joking about the changing your password, aka banning your player.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 10:35:53 PM »

Hahahah Dance Puppets Dance!

Seriously guys . . . It's a game and yeesh . . I didn't expect such a response. . .

My base point about all of this is this game is all about war and player vs player. Why is this game switching to who can do the most encounters and play the longest? Honestly, how is that fair? Also, encounters are based off of the top 10 and how high they get for how many encounters I get. They get an incredibly high encounter that they can do, and their low encounters are my high encounters so I find virtually NO encounters around my power level and when I do manage to find the 1 out of 100 that is around my total power, I do the encounter and it ends up cutting the power down to 20% of what it should be. Why? Theres no way you can say that the encounter system is fair for EVERYONE but you don't see darkness and chicpea saying anything about encounters, do you?

Oh well . . . It's a measely web based game. I could spend my time, not spending a dime hosting my World of Warcraft server, or playing on my 66 druid in everquest. Or better yet, I can spend my time working once I get back off of leave.

As for the response to it not being darkness and chicpea . . Ok, yeah I went overboard just singling those two out, however Foo posted the post . . . and Darkness and chicpea jumped all over the post so . . Sure, it wasnt their single handed doing, but it was motivated by them as well. Foo, Darkness and Chicpea . . . Who else were primary motivators about the changes? All the changes made by emi were Foo's suggestions and were not voted on as to how it should be handled. Emi made the changes without getting a vast majority of the populous' opinion.

chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007, 08:03:59 AM »

So u want the players to vote on if cheating is fair or not let me just check on sommink are u from this planet Duo if people voted yes to cheating is fair then they'd look like they was happy to cheat how many players would leave the game because they dont want to play in a game with cheaters.

It's not like the cheating had only started it had been going on constantly for a few weeks. There's no way that those we're all payments for services rendered. If u want it changed back post a poll and then see who agree's, but to be honest if it went towards yes let the cheating continue i'd definetly leave to find a game where people dont get away with abusing how a game is played.

Oh and just one more lil point myself and sean have been the players that have posted the least amount of complaints in here, but we have mentioned to Emi through in game mail about the encounters there is a thread in here where Sean even posted Emi's response prehaps u should stop the mud slinging and do some homework before u jump on players that post thier views in here.

Prehaps this game isnt for u and maybe u should do as u posted and go play ur other games it's quite obvious ur not enjoying this game now it's become on a more level playing field.

Chicpea

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 01:16:06 PM »

Wow chicpea, finally, someone speaks some sense and slaps duo in the face. Way to go. Un fortunately, I have to silence two things that are going to continue to come up, because people here seem to be too incometent to browse through all threads before posting in another, as Sir emi posts info in others sometimes without making a seperate post.

Ok, we have some very good ideas in this topic, let's see...

- Deigner makes good designs
- Someone uses designs
- Designer gets royalty once per day, 00:00:
    - Conditions and parameters:
    - Royalty 2% is calculated after skills and deductions, on the real credits spent
    - Max percent per day: 1% to 15% of designer shipless power in credits
    - Max percent per day influenced by commander level, on a 0 - 500 scale, 0 is 1%, 500 or more is 15%, gets rounded up to two decimals, e. g. level 150 => (150/500)*15 = 4.50%
    - Royalty is deposited in secret base
    - Royalty is given in full 2%, but the amount given each day depends on (Max percent per day), => depends on the level of the commander basically, no alts for this one... exept if you wanna spend 100 days to double your power eh?

P.S.: Frank, this is not implemented yet, when it will be, it will be in the updates board, this is just to get it right before I start... Feel free to comment, suggest, predict...  1

Incase you don't understand what he is saying, this is the plain english translation: At midnight server time (I assume server time, as it'd be hard to make it midnight each players' time) you will get 5%-15%, depending on your commander level, of the 2% royalty for the ship that you designed which was purchased each day until it is paid in full (example: 1T ship is bought, royalty is for 20M, at midnight each night you receive 5%-15% (1M-3M) until you receive the full 2%. This way, the designer gets full royalties, and feeding is so time consuming it's a waste. This completely solves the royalty problem, and thus justifies the market being limited in PvP trading, as there is no reason a trade, or 3 if you are gold, is not sufficent enough for payment of services such as repayment for loss of ships, or location of an encounter. If you want to pay more, repeat the payment process the next day, and so on until satisfied. or let them raid you a few times if they are within range. There are other options available, start looking for them, because without the royalties part of this arguement, you have very little ground to stand on involving how limiting trading PvP in market severely hurts a players profit.

true nicholas u taught me how to design and for that if i could i would give u half my stash that with max line would jump u almost to my power. it's true that darkness and chic now get along with lamma. for the most part of this round lamma has been honorable and getting along with everyone. no longer the war monger he was before. when i attacked chic and darkness before i left chic with 2 ships and darkness got 0red. it took him awhile to recover but chic recovered as soon as she logged on. so proof there that chic didn't give darkness creds even in his time of need. another point i made to alot of people moaning about people raising power from transfering creds. was that if they didn't like it then hit em to knock em back down in ranks. problem was the only one it got into the top 10 spot was an AL member. heaven forbid if anyone gets the guts to attack AL with lightseeker as leader. lamma was always in the top 10. not sure about him getting creds but i did give him some gold encounters when kry wasn't logged on. maybe that's why he kept his spot even without playing the game that much lately. the way i see it is if u don't like it then hit em and knock em back down. this game was made to where people would have that option. i myself can care less. so what if someone passes me on power from others giving em creds. i know that i had the skills to do it with hard work rather than a free ride. light past me by far and yet i don't care. so what if i havn't seen him do an encryption in 2 weeks. meaning only one thing (donations for turns). i'm happy to know that i'm doing it all on my own. if your not happy with being able to get on top ranks by yourself and want to be higher than the ones that get a free ride. then your not enjoying the game for yourself. your just wanting to show off your power to others. just my experience from other games. play the game for yourself. not for your place in the ranks. nicholas would be a good example for that. he doesn't go for the highest rank. he goes for what he enjoys like pvp. he would be alot higher in power now if not for his enjoyment of pvp. i'm sure he would be in the top 10 by now even tho he started the round late if not for pvping. just do what ya'll like and never look at the ranks. i can go a day without looking in the ranks. only look there when i upgrade r someone from my alliance saids that they upgraded.

wolfy, you need to learn to do the following:
1. Talk to someone BEFORE accusing them of ANYTHING, even something as common as donating.
2. Can you try to use the enter button, seperate parts of your post, making it just a little easier on the eyes? all that together can be an eyesore, especially with this forum's background. It would be much appreciated.

I know for a fact that lightseeker doesn't donate. Why? Because I TALK to him ALL the time, and he states he has NEVER donated. His gold was given to him by Sir Emi for exceptional commander skills by taking first so many times. Many of you are going to ask why I am defending lightseeker, he's not in my alliance, or anything like that. The reason is simple: He's the best player that has ever existed, and most likely will ever exist, and he does not deserve to be talked about that way, as if he is some common riffraft who wins via donation. That is probably the single biggest insult you could make at him, and I will not tolerate it, not against him. I understand ignorence may have been a part of it, and that's fine. Just don't ever do it again.

And in regards to my post count, as yet again, some of you bring it up to insult me, I only have this to say:
  • 1. I express my opinion on something whenever I feel it should be expressed.
  • 2. I don't care if you think I spam all the time merely to raise my post count, I know that I don't, and while some of my posts might only say "I agree, this is a good idea" it does not mean that it is not insightful enough to be posted. It is a show of support for a fellow commander's idea, without having to say the exact same thing they already did. I don't know about you, but I hate having to reread the same thing over and over, because someone has to restate everything that's been said already.
  • 3. If my posting was such a problem, Emi would have requested that I not do so so much. He has not, and until then, I will decide when and if I want to post and how long my post will be, period. You may have your opinions on this, but I will not be silenced because a few people think all my posts are worthless spam. Am i not a player of the game? Do I not have the same right as you to express my opinions and views? I am no higher then any of you, nor any lower. Our rights are equal, you seem to keep forgetting that.

All I'm doing is expressing my opinion on most subjects that come through here because I know that most players and Sir Emi himself, don't have the time/patience to go through and read every single topic to see people's opinion on things. For those who do read all those topics, yes, I'm sure seeing all those posts by me is infureating at times. Learn to deal with it, skip them if you want, but stop hassling about it, telling me I'm worthless, that i post nothing but spam to raise my post count, or any other vulgar thing you keep telling me. I don't care what you think about me and my opinions, they are mine to express when I want, however I want. It's as simple as that, so stop hassling me about it.

~6 posts left~

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »

first off when i joined this game everyone said lightseeker is the best player in the game. haha very funny in this round i havn't seen any of that. to not donate and not do encryptions but still be on all day playing in first place without donating would be a bug he's using. if u don't like the way i do my post cuz it's uneasy on your eyes. then please by all means skip my post. the new royalies may be fixed in some peoples eyes but it's still bull. i have someone in AL that admitted it to me that he donated turns to light for exchange of creds. he may not do it his self but still. i never said he donated for turns. i said donate for turns. without pointing fingers at who did it. so please if all u have time to do is hang on the forums and look for post to complain about. then u need to seek professional help. for u have to much hate in u. just think u were saying just 3-4 days ago that you're tired of the people that constantly complain. but yet your so fast to complain on what others say that u don't agree with. kind of a contradiction on your part. so please in the future. practice what u preach!
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »

heh, I agree 100% duo, this game HAS gotten to much to be just whoever can be beat the computer most and the fastest...

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »

he isn't using a bug, are you seriously this stupid? you're not on all day. He is on at a different time then you and is obviously doing everything then. and no you said only one way he could have done it, donate for turns. THAT is pointing fingers.

And I do practice what I preach. I complain about something in the game once, and that's it. I respond to other people's posting, countering them, as you do in a debate such as this. I'm not complaining about other people's opinions, i'm saying this is why i think they are wrong, and am trying to convince them otherwise. Sometimes, they prove me wrong, and I yield. Sometimes it remains neutral ground. And wolfy, I'm homeschooled via the internet, and I get my homework done in a few hours, so I have freetime to get on here. I don't need professional help because of that. and I've said this before, I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet unless you insist on angering me. And even then, if you come to me being nice and want a nice conversation, I'll be nice and talk nice. Someone's past does not dictate who they are. People change.

So before you start insulting me (which is against ToS), I request you know what you are talking about.

And my asking you to space your post out when it is exceptionally long was a request, something you ask someone one a friendly bases. I'm not saying/demanding you do it, I'm asking, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's eyes it strains.

and yes, dup is right about that, this game is, and has been for a while, PvC, it needs to return to mainly PvP. That was what made it so great when I joined.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »

u stated i need to learn to space. u didn't say can i learn it. u stated i need to learn all them things u posted rather than asking me if i would do it. key word need. i may not type like i know proper grammer but that doesn't mean i don't know it. need is making a statement of what u required for them to do. meaning u are telling them to do that. maybe for the last week i havn't been on all day. but before that i was. just ask people before u start assuming things about me. OMG is that another contradiction of yourself. earlier post stated for me to ask before accusing people. once again practice what u preach please. we need honesty here. oh but if u practiced what u preached then u would have nothing to say. there fore u would have less that 1k post. could that be why. u tell people to earn everything in the game without cheating. yet before i made my way to the forums i never even know u played. so basicly u can't earn your keep in the game. so u stick to the forums with the most post so u will actually win something. now who's trying to beat em all. please when u become a good debater. then feel free to come back and host another discusion with me. but for now i see your not worthy of that battle just yet.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe we ought to have a "debate" thread... laugh.

I support 3 things on the topic of making transfers-

• 1.) All transfers be approved by a certain % of players. (Similar to what Duo suggested)
  • 2.) All transfers be kept private and are sent to emi for approval without the approval of other players.
  • 3.) A certain # of players (such as council) are specifically chosen to approve a transfer that is pending by two players. Without the approval of x amount of these chosen players, the transfer cannot go through.

Now, I DO think that transfers can, and have been abused. However, I disagree 100% with the limits emi put on transfers.  4

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »

Emi has said he is looking for a way of transfering credits that won't be easily abused. I think he may have something in mind, and #1 wouldn't work because not enough people would care or people whould use alts, easily abused, 2 because sir emi is rarely on, so transfers would take forever, and 3 might not work because the council may not be full of pure players, or they might get paid of in some way, ect. Right now, Emi's idea is the best defense against it. Maybe later he'll make something better that will solve all the problems.

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

Well, when I say a certain % I mean that a poll should be made and players have to post why they agree or disagree with the transfer.

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

Regarding the post about Lightseeker - usually he is on when I am, I dont know what time zone he is in but I am in Hawaii. I've been online when the news board was filled with lightseeker doing missions and encryptions. Many times there were only between 15 - 20 ppl online at the time.

I'm just stating what I have seen when I'm online.

Thank you for your time and dont forget to vote SILVERTHORNE

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »

lol i didn't say he never does em just said i havn't seen one in 3 weeks done by him. the last week i wasn't on much. but the 2 weeks before that i was on this game 12-16 hours a day. none were done then
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »

12-16 hours does leave an 8 hour window, and he is usually on at night as far as I know, plus, with so many people doing galaxy and all that and the news being flodded, he could do them and they never show up for you because of refreshing at the wrong time.

and midnight, even if it was in game, or on the forum, not enough players would respond to a poll for it to do any good. It took us nearly 3-4 months to get the 50 votes for the council members, and that was when wehad more active players (we have a lot of players now, but many quit, both old a new, and few come and join the forum)

Whil yes, I do want to see a fair system set up for credit transfers, as I do believe it would greatly benifit the game, I don't want to see something like that market, it's too easily abused, and can't be controlled at all in it's previous form. Hopefully Emi will think of something. That's all we can ask for.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »

lol i can tell u have never been on while i was grinding encryptions. i do 3 to everyones 1. sometimes with alot of people on doing encryptions i still manage to get 3-4 on the news at once. u can discuse it with me all u want but there's no changing my mind. i have seen more than enough proof!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: