Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 09:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QUIT COMPLAINING AND SWITCH IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 26772 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »

no, we need this round to continue a little while longer, until Sir Emi makes the necessary royalties update, and any other important updates he needs to make.

~50 posts left~
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 01:34:01 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

superscott
Private

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »

now thats a great idea wolfy. why not initiate dday now and then noone can complain at the end of the round about someone else payin their way to the top. i agree with the fact that the market has had some abusers. but we are not all abusers. the problem at hand stems from some donating turns for someone else in trade for a large amount creds, thus giving the donater more bang for the buck. if that issue alone was dealt with folks would not be complaining about transfers.
Signed kryologic/superscott
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

superscott, people will continue to complain about ANYTHING that they don't like. People complain about donating, about killer fleets, about 1 turn a minute. The fact is, the market WAS abused, and Sir Emi changed it so that doing so is now pretty much impossible. It states in the Tos clearly:

Game updates.     
        Space Odyssey reserves the right to change any aspect of the game without prior warning. If you do not agree with the rules, please close this window and do not enter the game!

If you don't like his changes, then leave, simple as that.

~42 posts left~

superscott
Private

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »

in regards to your statements mr.luffy, i could have suggested the same thing to you before the changes were made so please keep your emotional responces to yourself. i am not and will never be anyones buttkisser, i will speak my opinion and respect the opinions of others. i play this game because i enjoy it and i dont offer many suggestions but in this matter i felt i needed to. i dont disagree with some of the issues being brought up i just feel like resolving these issues could have been handled better by a collective discussion and opinion poll instead of taking sides and acting out of haste.

Signed, kryologic/superscott
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »

if u don't like the rules then yes not play. but then to play by the rules and still get messed over then yes anyone would be mad about that. u can stand in the forums and act all high and might mister kiss up. the point of a forums is to voice your opinion. if u can't handle that then please reframe from using the forums. no one got an attitude with u voicing your opinion so please give us the same honor.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:45:33 PM by wolfy28 » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 05:57:18 PM »

I'm not kissing up, but there is complaining, and then there is whining. Saying hey, this market change isn't fair for these reasons is fine, but saying it repeatedly is just whining and useless. If it bothers you that much, then quit, that's all I'm saying.

And wolf, I'm not having an attitude, but there's a point underlying all this, and that'sthis: everyone is using the ToS to show that no one violated them, but they keep forgetting that those sames terms of service allow Sir Emi to change what he wishes about the game.

and Sir Emi dind't act out of haste, he was shown evidence over a course of 2 weeks by various prominent members (I'll not say who, they may step forward if they wish too, of course, there is a thread in the suggestions area about this, where some of them are at) the main being that there was a 1B high tec scanner going back and forth between two people for about an hour before it was intercepted, and then before that there were three 750M scanners on the market going back and forth for quite a while too. These were clearly funding, as nothing would amount to that high of a payment.

I do respect yor opinions, and you as a person, because I do realize that this is unfair to a good portion of people who like to help out alliance mates/friends when they get hit hard, but it only takes a few people to ruin a good thing, which is what has happened.

And I would appreciate not being called a suck up/kiss up for expressing my opinion and defending Sir Emi's choice, which I believe to be the right one. You don't see me insulting you and calling you a traitor, now do you? No, I merely stated that there's no point in complaining continuely about the same thing, as it'll either be changed or won't. But most of SO is in agreement (I asked around in the chat, as only a few people, 20-30, actually get on and read the forum regularly) that limiting the market trading from person to person was a good idea. So it's doubtful that it will be changed.

~39 posts left~

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »

well from what i got in your reply to superscott who was just voicing his opinion is that if he doesn't like it the don't play. to me that's trying to silence someone u don't agree with. which is unexceptable. it may have just been worded wrong and came off like u were directing it at him when u weren't. i just had to voice my OPINION on that post u made.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 06:24:48 PM »

I get that. And my post about if you don't like it, then quit, was not directed at superscott alone, but everyone who keeps complaining everytime something is changed and they have to work harder to climb the ranks. I understand you don't like, you may complain, just don't keep complaining, say "Hey, I don't like this because (reasons)" and that's it. Not contining complaining, and flaming anyone who agrees with what Sir Emi did.

But I do understand that you and superscott believe the decision was a bad one, and I apologize if my comment seemed directed at you, because it wasn't, I was stating that anyone who feels the need t complain excessively should probably quit, as they apparently have a problem with the game and it being changed. As far as I can tell, neither you nor superscott have complained excessively, just made your opinions heard, which is fine.

~36 posts left~

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »

aye got ya! don't get me wrong i love the new changes i was just saying the good and the bad from it. it's by far better to have the market the new way it is. i was just pointing out how it will hurt the ones that have been playing by the rules.
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 07:06:03 PM »

Yes, this is yet another example of how a few bad eggs spoiled the whole batch for everyone. Does this mean wolfy cant give me gazillions of creds anymore?? <----- JOKE  lol_sign JOKE  thumbsup JOKE

Hopefully this will slow down the quick risers and make newbs learn how to make their own way in the game, but they will find other ways to do things the easy way.

I am diablo Evil diablo and I approve this message

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 08:03:20 PM »

lol silver, and ya, I see that wolf, and I realize it hurts those who use the market legit (I don't use it at all, never was good at it, lol).

But you live and learn. Well, you live at any rate.

~35 posts left~

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »

there is one thing you all must understand, before continuuing on with all this... this game is NOT finished yet... there will be changes, some good, some bad, some ugly, some that won't make any sense until later things come in.  this game is in BETA TESTING if you don't know what that means, look it up.  our purpose right now is really to test it out and report bugs and comment (not whine and complain) about the additions and or subtractions.

how do you think ANY of the other games started out there? especially the really good ones.  all I can say is exactly what luffy said, and E says in the ToS...

If you do not like the changes being made to the game, QUIT, MOVE ON, and get over it.  chances are this game isn't for you and will only make you more miserable.

and another thing, if there is a chance to abuse something, chances are someone, somewhere, will.  there could be 99 people out there playing fair, but it only takes 1 bad apple with an instakill hack to ruin the day for all 99 other people...  I don't think I need to go very much further then that.  taking out ways to abuse thing's is just as important, if not more, then any new fancy addition to the game.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »

very well put ars68, very well put. I like the insta kill anology too!

~28 posts left~

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 09:22:06 PM »

heh, ya, I had tha thappen to me a couple days ago to, was playing a FPS space game and some guy hacked the game, sat there killing everybody at least 2-5 times before he got banned, so people could get on with the game... not fun, let me tell you, especially when it was right there where the new people came in... imagine that, your new and first thing you see is someone hacking or cheating or something to completely pwn everybody... there'd be no way he would want to stay!

and this has to do with SpaceO because the point is hackers and cheaters are a serious problem to ANY online game.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »

yea, they are a big problem, they ruin the game for everyone and cause players to leave, it's a sad but true reality. Some people will do anything to win *hacks the server and sends a qudrazillion bazooka wielding space helmet with oxygen wearing penguins to each player to destroy them* lol

~26 posts left~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: