Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 09:48:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QUIT COMPLAINING AND SWITCH IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 26786 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 06:12:43 AM »

i love these changes. finaly theres a chance of fighting a somewhat fair war. personaly id like to illegalize all sorts of money transfer except for royalties, but then too many noobs would be whining...
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »

im gonna have to say this looks good there was soo much feeding going on last tiem i played... if u cant get to the top on your own skills you shouldnt be there... and if u are on top you should be able to design ships for yourself so even with ur designer refuising to work cuz of royalty problems u should still be able to keep moving up in power...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »

well hellsword ur once again right in my opinion.

Since I had leave over x-mas I really played a lot and for many hours so I could observe pretty good what happend in the ranking there some ppl doing good and promote them self while playing (e.g. number 3 and 4 of serenity alliance in the ranking) and there others I rarely or even never saw in the News ... but the market was very busy ... - So obviously some ppl here have been betrayed by others.

Feeding - in a massivly way like it happend this round does spoil the fun for most of the players staying legal and (most importand) fair.

As somebody said it before if u can t get urself to where ever - just quit or stay where u belong to stay.

Since I won last round I have taken this round a lot of time off and I don t mind so much about who wins or not this time, but it is possible to climb up in ranking without being feeded, as I did and as others did, but for sure it does take away the game fun and also the challange of the game when u get passed by somebody within hours and u don t even c a single mission or encounter being done by that person.

An other point mentioned here before is refunding of alliance members after or in wartime ... well what does this mean, if this would be a main tactic within the game, nobody not being member of a top 10 ranking alliance (better not being a co-alliance member of a top 5 player) could risk anymore to start - or even worse - fight back in a battle or war. - It would mean even if a rank 30 fights with rank 31 - rank 30 wins but unluckly he is the highest member of his alliance but rank 31 has e.g. rank 1 and 5 in his alliance and got resupplied ... than h starts a 2nd battle and rank 30 will be broken ... - I don t think that this is the idea in the game - there limits in the attack range on purpose otherwise we could start each round directly in dday ...

well maybe something to think about.

w/r bb

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »

first off i have been designing my own ships. hence why i said i just got my designer back. but to compare my ships to my designers and his would be better. designing ships is a trade skill and like any other game trade skills r done for making money only. my designer enjoys designing more than the rest of the game. to take his trade skill away from him would take away from the game experience.
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

I'm not kissing up, but there is complaining, and then there is whining. Saying hey, this market change isn't fair for these reasons is fine, but saying it repeatedly is just whining and useless. If it bothers you that much, then quit, that's all I'm saying.

And wolf, I'm not having an attitude, but there's a point underlying all this, and that'sthis: everyone is using the ToS to show that no one violated them, but they keep forgetting that those sames terms of service allow Sir Emi to change what he wishes about the game.

and Sir Emi dind't act out of haste, he was shown evidence over a course of 2 weeks by various prominent members (I'll not say who, they may step forward if they wish too, of course, there is a thread in the suggestions area about this, where some of them are at) the main being that there was a 1B high tec scanner going back and forth between two people for about an hour before it was intercepted, and then before that there were three 750M scanners on the market going back and forth for quite a while too. These were clearly funding, as nothing would amount to that high of a payment.

I do respect yor opinions, and you as a person, because I do realize that this is unfair to a good portion of people who like to help out alliance mates/friends when they get hit hard, but it only takes a few people to ruin a good thing, which is what has happened.

And I would appreciate not being called a suck up/kiss up for expressing my opinion and defending Sir Emi's choice, which I believe to be the right one. You don't see me insulting you and calling you a traitor, now do you? No, I merely stated that there's no point in complaining continuely about the same thing, as it'll either be changed or won't. But most of SO is in agreement (I asked around in the chat, as only a few people, 20-30, actually get on and read the forum regularly) that limiting the market trading from person to person was a good idea. So it's doubtful that it will be changed.

~39 posts left~

"And I would appreciate not being called a suck up/kiss up . . . . "

Let me tell you something Luffy . . . No-one ever said you have to be nice to be honest. Thats why they call it being brutally honest. People say, if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it at all, but the truth hurts and the 10 commandments state Thou shall not lie, correct? Game set match

You nag about people complaining over and over and over. All I have heard you do is state that emi has the right to change the game and that people violate the terms of service, so that makes you a hipocrate(sp?)

ANYWAYS, as for my objections for the market change.

Who says a certain amount being transferred has nothing to amount to being worth that much? Wolfy has stated to me repeatedly that if it wasnt for me sitting down with him and teaching him how to design ships, that he would still be buying ships from Lammalord. Wolfy is in 2nd place right now. 2nd or third . . . . and is very much still a contender for first place even with giving credits out to other people. Tell me something, someone whos making quadrillions easily each day without donations or people feeding him credits, how can you possibly speak for someone such as him and state that that much is too much of a payment to give someone?

Luffy insulted me and the navy for objecting the market changes in a conversation with him and also stated that I was just pissed off that I cannot recieve credits anymore. Your d**n right I am pissed off. With as much crud as I recieve back from people after giving one person a good attack, and as much as I have done for other people, I feel i have the right to recieve credits from other commanders and so do other people.

Just because we have/had people who were willing to give us credits instead of you, doesn't give you the right to tell us whats right and wrong. You have full control over what happens and what doesn't happen in the game. You can be nice to people and give them reasons to give you credits, as well as you have full rights to donate to the game to recieve the credits for donations.

The problem is as simple as this. People get jealous when good things happen to other people. When people are capable of donating, the poor broke fools whine and complain about donations even though donations pay for the server costs. I am in no way shape or form talking about those who COULD donate but werent able to due to paypal not being able to exchange currency, or the currency of the country is much less in value then the US Dollar.

Jealousy is nothing more then greed going unanswered. Grow up, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

Right now, I am working on the last end of the bridge about the market being changed, but I have yet to hear solid evidence as to how it effects YOUR gameplay. All I have to say in return to people who say it changes the way the game is played is . . . . . Get some skill. I can't say much on the skill part as I am still not the top 10, however with only being given a limited amount of credits from players and donations, I still remain at the top 20 even after dealing with random attacks that I have had to endure as well as counter attacks.

EDIT/Addition:

I am not afraid to call people to the table. The TWO PRIMARY CAUSES OF THE MARKET CHANGE ARE THEDARKNESS AND CHICPEA . . . .

If it was not for Lammalord getting fed so much credits, they could care less. They for some reason have a servere hatred for Lamma. They both feel that Lamma was stalking chicpea or something and thus don't like him at all. They think he is sleazy and the sort. For the most part, i would agree due to the way Lammalord has skated by however . . . I find it kind of pathetic that they decide to complain about market transfers then to physically show Lamma that he has no skill. They I feel are too afraid to attack lammalord due to the risk of losing their position which goes to show that what they have built up . . . . is all they have. Any attacks on them would knock them back serverely. Sure they would make it back within time, however thats work they dont want to do. If that ever did happen, do you think one would hesitate to help the other?

Let me put this situation past you. Keep in mind, this is theoretical to get my point across.

Say I was in range and put an attack on Darkness. Let's say I took out a few of his ships and made him resupply a ton of marines. I highly doubt he has enough credits saved up to easily resupply his fleets. If he says otherwise, I say prove it. . . . . Anyways. Darkness would be down for the count for a while. Smartest Idea would be to sell the remaining ships, get back as many credits as you can and resupply with slightly weaker ships to get back to war status. (I say war status because the rounds I was incredibly active, you were always ready to be attacked. You werent ready to do missions. You could do missions with whatever you could get ahold of) Do you honestly think that Chicpea would hesitate to give her own husband credits to get back to his prior status? I think very strongly that Chicpea would not hesitate to give her own husband credits to get back in the rankings with her, as well as to get even with me.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 04:47:20 AM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 06:52:10 AM »

Just for your own sanity wolfwood get over yourself, i couldnt care less about a loss and i would in no way take creds from chic, man you guys have some serious prob about a game, if you cant play fair then just get lost thats my opinion, i wont help chicpea shes big enough to come back from an attack as am i, you market hounds please keep our names out of here oh and for information purposes i like lamma
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 06:52:59 AM »

Why thanks Duo if i knew i had such power to convince Emi to make radical changes i wonder if i can get him to change ur password and not tell ya lol

Going by ur post its obvious ur a lil upset that u cant transfer creds anymore well forgive me if im wrong but if Emi didnt think it was neccessarry he wouldnt have made the changes. And another thing how did u come up with the fact myself and sean are the main causes of the change dosnt the fact that theres a few others stating they see the market being abused for hours on end mean anything to u.

Every round there's been some form of cheating and how fair is the game to any player if its left to go on. i say the ones that moan n whinge the loudest are usualy the guilty ones of transfering creds as now they cant get all those lovely free creds anymore. TOUGH learn to stand on ur own 2 feet n get creds the same as every other honest playing person does.

And as for ur theoretical point about me feeding sean to get him back why should i have too he lost all his fleet before and got them back himself without any need of assistance if he can do it so can any player. THERE'S NO NEED TO CHEAT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 07:04:58 AM »

just one more little note to add, i like the fact im big enough to sort my own ships in this game, are you man enough to make your own money without relying on others feeding you, what emi has done is great, he is trying to crack down on cheats and abusers of HIS game, and my god why would he ever want to do a thing like that....

let emi run his game, when he asks for help on suggestions fine give him your suggestion and leave it at that, are you guys forgetting you are players not the owners, you dont hold special privileges because you can design good, your not some god in this game no-one is, if i lose all my ships i think i would just sit back and laugh like i did when wolfy attacked before, its a game pretty senseless getting all bent out of shape over who is higher in the rankings who has the most creds... and who can gain the most creds from illegal transfers, the fact remains 1 billion high tech scanners passed around like candy is in no way a payment for any service...

I love it when i see people restricted from cheating, lmao its a game and its not run by anyone but Sir Emi..

FOR THE RECORD ANYTHING EMI HAS DONE TO THE GAME HAS MADE IT EVEN BETTER< MY ONLY QUIRK WOULD BE DARN WHY DOES HE LET JUST ANYBODY JOIN!!!!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:14:36 AM by TheDarkness » Report to moderator   Logged
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »

Sorry but I have to say this, lets not forget the end of last round when a certain person opposed to the market changes was crying out for people to resupply him because he was under the impression most of the top ten uses his designs, this was when everyone was in the quints, 2% of a quint??? something like 200 quad lol thats really fair trade for a ship made in the same way a bill ship would be made lol... quit moaning about what emi is doing and just be happy he is restricting your cheating, sorry the cheating now

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 03:40:50 PM »

If your trying to insinuate that I was playing last round, your wrong.

Way to go chief. Last round I was in Great Lakes, Illinois being refined for the needs of the Navy. Kinda hard to play a round of space o when your no-where near a computer that you can access, nor have the time for.

I finally started playing again after this round started.

As for royalties? I have always been screwed over on royalties. You know d**n well that I have designed outstanding fleets and any veteran can tell you that my fleets have been a force to be reckoned with. What people do is clone my design, check it out then make their own version of it thus screwing me out of credits due to the fact that it would give me 2% of the resupply, helping me out even further. They were afraid of the competition like most people still are.

I'm not the greatest commander in this game by a long shot. Theres alot of people who give me a run for my money but I have never feared a good challange of competition. Why do you fear competition?

As for You mentioning the possibility of Emi changing my password  . . . If he likes running this game and wants to keep running it, he couldnt possibly change a users password unless requested by the user. I have two gold accounts, as well as I have donated quite a few times so there would be some serious problems if that happened. Plus, Emi wouldn't be that stupid.

I came up with the fact that you both are primary motivation for the changes due to the fact that everyone has mentioned to me that you constantly complain about market transfers. What is your huge problem with market transfers in the first place? Does it seriously effect your game play? Are you two upset that you both are not #1 and #2 anymore? How exactly is transferring credits cheating? Im just about every other game that involves some form of currency, currency can be exchanged between two players, so what's the big problem here? Seems to me its just people who are jealous are complaining about market transfers. Why do you care so much about what other people are doing? How does it effect you exactly? Oh, it shoots people up in ranking . . So what . . are you afraid of competition? Seems rediculous

Why is it I hear everyone say that you donate, however you both constantly deny it. If I remember right, you told me that you have donated a few times for turns so if you say otherwise, your contradicting yourself but thats besides the point.

You say the ones moaning the loudest are those guilty of transferring credits . . . Thank you captain obvious . . When did I ever deny that I have recieved or given credits? Hell, I have even asked you and chicpea a while back and you both trembled in fear at that thought thinking oh if we did that we would get banned!

Also, for my final point . . . I record all my chat conversations with people on MSN, and if you really wish to try to knock me and lie on these forums, I would be MORE then happy to provide whoever asks with logs stating that you AND chicpea don't like lamma and the things you have said about him.

Good Game!

Care to try again?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:47:29 PM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007, 04:25:28 PM »

nicholas, i insulted you yes, and i did say if all the navy are like you, then they aren't all tat. But that was a personal conversation and had no berring here. As for complaining, I get why people are upset, and i understand and agree to a point. Yes, it sucks. But it is for the overall greater good for the game.

~18 post left~

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »

ok sorry nciholas but without damaging that ego of yours i have to say the comment wasnt about you, but i should have let you get on with the moaning like there always is
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

Just in case u didnt notice but i think it was Foo that started the post not me or sean so we arnt the only ones to complain about market abuse. And if u read it there are a few other that agree the abuse was getting out of hand.

I only ever denied donating to squank coz to be honest he dosnt need to know my buisness and if uve ever read back through the posts ive stated i have donated and i will carry on donating whenever possible why not its a great game, (So long as it remains a fair game).

By which i mean feeding quads of creds to alliance members to bring them up in the rankings does not seem fair, everyone else plays the game spends time on the game only to be passed by a player who just sat there taking creds through the market. Just remember u got all pissy demanding ur ships back when u thought u lost them unfairly in battle well i want the cheating to stop and i think i have every right to post my views on abusing a game ive played for so many hours.

I dont care who cheated the fact remains they cant do it again so im happy.

Oh and about Lamma gee everyone knows we've had our disagrements not like we keep that a secret n ive never hated anyone its a game u need to take ur combats off grab a beer n chill all the Lamma stuff's old news now.

1 1 1 1
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:36:20 PM by chicpea » Report to moderator   Logged
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 05:39:05 PM »

Why thanks Duo if i knew i had such power to convince Emi to make radical changes i wonder if i can get him to change ur password and not tell ya lol

Is it me or am i the only one who could tell this was sarcasm or making fun duhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

As for lamma really nich you kind of need to catch up with the times i get on pretty well with lamma and before we did get on theres plenty of times me and him went head to head in one form or another lol, get over yourself  if you cant play without the credit transfers then dont play, other people can do it and oh by the way i got plenty in my stash but your the last person i would show lol

Screwed on rayalties lol, we havent gotten them for over two rounds for any ships people have bought do you hear us moan about it, dont even tell emi about it, whats the point, the credits are virtual you know...

Oh one other thing why would we want to get even with you????? this i dont get i mean is there something you have done, or is this another pathetic duo attempt to make himself look the main man in space odyssey, i think maybe you should read a post first and not jump to the assumption its about you, as you said you werent even around last round so how in the hell could it have been about you, another duo barten original thinking everythings about him...

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »

true nicholas u taught me how to design and for that if i could i would give u half my stash that with max line would jump u almost to my power. it's true that darkness and chic now get along with lamma. for the most part of this round lamma has been honorable and getting along with everyone. no longer the war monger he was before. when i attacked chic and darkness before i left chic with 2 ships and darkness got 0red. it took him awhile to recover but chic recovered as soon as she logged on. so proof there that chic didn't give darkness creds even in his time of need. another point i made to alot of people moaning about people raising power from transfering creds. was that if they didn't like it then hit em to knock em back down in ranks. problem was the only one it got into the top 10 spot was an AL member. heaven forbid if anyone gets the guts to attack AL with lightseeker as leader. lamma was always in the top 10. not sure about him getting creds but i did give him some gold encounters when kry wasn't logged on. maybe that's why he kept his spot even without playing the game that much lately. the way i see it is if u don't like it then hit em and knock em back down. this game was made to where people would have that option. i myself can care less. so what if someone passes me on power from others giving em creds. i know that i had the skills to do it with hard work rather than a free ride. light past me by far and yet i don't care. so what if i havn't seen him do an encryption in 2 weeks. meaning only one thing (donations for turns). i'm happy to know that i'm doing it all on my own. if your not happy with being able to get on top ranks by yourself and want to be higher than the ones that get a free ride. then your not enjoying the game for yourself. your just wanting to show off your power to others. just my experience from other games. play the game for yourself. not for your place in the ranks. nicholas would be a good example for that. he doesn't go for the highest rank. he goes for what he enjoys like pvp. he would be alot higher in power now if not for his enjoyment of pvp. i'm sure he would be in the top 10 by now even tho he started the round late if not for pvping. just do what ya'll like and never look at the ranks. i can go a day without looking in the ranks. only look there when i upgrade r someone from my alliance saids that they upgraded.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: