Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 02, 2024, 11:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy or alt nebbing  (Read 13903 times)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »

I wasn't talking about So Wars, so wars is as you say there specifically for PvP
However the main server should be there for people who have different styles of playing, I personally am not a fan of PvP as it usually ends up with a very few players who know exactly what they are doing, bullying everyone else because they can.
I personally enjoy building up an empire and chatting to other people as I do so, I resent having things that I have spent weeks building being torn down in seconds merely because I happen to be away from the keyboard when someone attacks.
The only reason I am still playing (and paying for) SO Main is that I am able to be safe when I am away from the game as long as I remember to log in once every 24 hours, every other MMORPG I have played has made me quit after awhile as there were always a very few hardcore players who beat the c**p out of everyone else and made them miserable.
I managed to make top ten last round in this game because in the early stages while I was weak I was able to protect myself in a neb and in the latter stages once I had a decent economy I was able to protect myself with pships and marines.
I only attacked people who attacked me and I tried to make sure I hurt them enough so that they didn't do it again.
I notice that the only people who are complaining about people using nebs are the same people who pick on people who have no idea how to fight back!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:35:28 PM by 42 » Report to moderator   Logged
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »

I have got some idea of PvP but i am still bad at it, i have made my way to the top of wars by being peaceful, not attacking, and making the right sort of freinds, i believe that lostedchylde and lightseeker has done the same on main, if you dont like pvp, no offense, go play simcity and find a chat room about it on the internet, i have also paid but if someone bigger and with a btter understanding of pvp killed me i would ask someone why it was they killed me and make sure i dont make that mistake again. But like i said you had an advantage of being in a neb earlier on, whether to protect your self or not, it does say this on the front page "Intense PvP", if you didnt like the sound of pvp why join? would you play some one at anygame that was taking advantage of something to their own benifit, i doubt it

*100th post 13*
Report to moderator   Logged

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »

I wont quote Brokens wonderful posts - Ill just say theres no-one on SOWARS that I know of thats studied harder at the school of hard knocks than Broken. 

His is an example of tenacity thats won my respect, and Im sure the respect of anyone on SOWARS who has followed his progress.

Those guys doing this should realise they dont have the respect of anyone on the server - and they wont have it until they get out of neb - take the flogging thats coming their way - and then get back up again and play properly.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »

I like every aspect of this game, my preference isn't for the pvp aspect of it though, the neb serves a useful purpose and I have no intention of coming out of a neb any earlier than I have to.
If that doesn't get me respect I don't particularly care, it would be different if I could still see the same level of encounters with pships up but I can't.
In order to keep from losing things while I am not nebbed I need to be fully marined and have at least 5 fleets of pships up and that point I cannot see encounters that I can do.
So I will therefore continue to put pships up until I am hit and save my turns, once I am hit, I will zero the person who hit me (if possible) and I will reserve any remaining pships and do encounters till I run out of turns and when I am close to coming out of my neb I will put my pships back up.
If the neb time gets reduced and stops me from playing this way I will leave, simple as
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »

you are a fairly well-known player for your recent success, instead of simply leaving, try giving ideas that benefit all parties. threatening to leave does nothing for no one...

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 04:22:48 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have ideas to change it as I don't see anything wrong with the way it is 16

ps can someone explain the reputation thing? I seem to have a -1 rep is that for stating my opinion? surely you should only get a minus rep for being abusive or spamming?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 04:25:48 AM by 42 » Report to moderator   Logged
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 07:02:13 AM »

Anyone can give you a click to increase or decrease your rep, most people will only bother to change your rep if they feel strongly about your post - positive or negative.

Abusive and spam posts are not tolerated at all, and will usually be removed quickly - moderators can impose other penalties.

If you state your opinion, then you should ensure that you attach good reasons for it.

Good reasons are; logical, well thought out, described clearly, in the best interests of the game, not selfish, not emotive, acknowledge differing opinions.

If you step outside of that, then you may step into a minefield.

Personally I dont play on SOMAIN - so Im not qualified to make any suggestion there.  Some players from SOMAIN have certainly raised the issue of self neb and been quite passionate about it - so I suspect that the issue is impacting people on both servers more or less equally. 

But, SOWARS is a PvP server - more methods, reasons and rewards for engaging in combat are inline with the PvP concept - permanently and completely avoiding combat interaction with other players certainly isnt.

Several times Ive raised suggestions about increasing rewards for PvP play - perhaps that is another way to tackle this issue.  At the moment PvP is costly regardless if you are successful or not, and avoiding combat is clearly an advantage.  If PvP rewards outstripped other rewards, then those non-interactive players would be at a disadvantage.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:00:30 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »

im not sure where u said it amagnon, but on one of the buddy nebbing posts you said that the players that do this are not a factor in the game. i would tend to agree, except that they can still destroy stations. perhaps if you are in a neb and attack a station, it would be the same as attacking a person... u come out of the neb. and i also realize that the player could just as easily re-neb, which is where the other suggestions come in.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »

Each person should be allowed 1 turn per minute. 1 * (number of alts + main) is unbalancing the game

1 vote per person would seem fair, but Votes*(Alts + main) seems to be used nowadays -especially in mutinies

alts will probably buy ships from the main account as a person is probably too lazy or overworked with too many accounts to recreate the design. This will allow any person with an alt to buy (1+royalty%/(cr/ship)) ships, if I understand royalty correctly
Having ten alts at ten percent royalty means you get a ship on your main for free.

Alts are used to self neb which means the alt is helping the main.

I thought you couldn't use alts to benefit another account, yet these things are being done? Turns, and resources including mutiny votes are being multiplied by alts! What to do?
is it possible to give ten days of inactivity by the former account before logging in to a newer account?

Furthermore, if you are allowed to cultivate the turn resources of alts towards one main account, why is there even a limit on turns?
The limit doesn't exist if you can create alts to attain a multiple number of turns.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:50:49 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 05:00:51 PM »

what do u mean? you cant give turns to your main from another account. and i believe the royalty is 2%, not 10. but overall i completely agree. there are too many alts out there

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »

alt nebbing should be removed completely somehow.. and oh a weeks ban for every offence of doing it.. but budding nebbing dispite being anoying is just another aspect of the game..

i know how to PvP every well.. better that most other players.. yet the neb is a key factor in all my strageys.. no neb no safe PvP for me.. hate me for the 24 nebs and sudden attacks when you lest except for you to find im still in a neb.. but its a stragey that counts. and works..

oh and link, i really liked the idea of a PvP (no nebs) area in the galaxy thats more risky with  larger rewards.. sort of like the insurcetion that started up.. but bigger and good rewards.. instead of a gold giveing you 2.5x its power in cash.. make it double? or say 3x its power..not too much but still if played right the PvP players will get more cash and level just as fast, if not faster as the non PvP players...

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »

turns generate credits
turns are used in probing

Turns are the basis of the turn based game
-If you are transfering credits through royalty(indirectly or directly) you are transferring refined turns.
-if you probe with an alt you lose less turns than other's
In these two examples you are transferring turns.

and so you would need 50 alts to get a completely free ship of the same type. If it were 10% you'd need 10
If it where 50% you'd need 2!
MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

alt nebbing should be removed completely somehow.. and oh a weeks ban for every offence of doing it.. but budding nebbing dispite being anoying is just another aspect of the game..

Buddy nebbing doesn't bother me a bit. They are two people who decide to use turns given them in the same manner as other players.
If there is a player who recieves double the turns and decides to use these turns, that is what is unbalanced.

To sum it up alts are unfair because they are of the same system.
Buddy nebbing is jolly fine.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »

And how are you going to keep playing 50 accounts so just your main can grow as fast as those alts?

And you can only receive a certain % of your power in royalties a day, which is never near an upgrade rather as much as 1 GT.

50 alts is 50x 20 euro (you need godl to clone) thats 1000 dollar. I think you could boost your main account way more then just with royalties using this money on your main account.

But especialy on WAR server alts serve no purpose.

MeGuaRen, plz dont double post especialy not so fast in a row.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »

And how are you going to keep playing 50 accounts so just your main can grow as fast as those alts?

And you can only receive a certain % of your power in royalties a day, which is never near an upgrade rather as much as 1 GT.

50 alts is 50x 20 euro (you need godl to clone) thats 1000 dollar. I think you could boost your main account way more then just with royalties using this money on your main account.

But especialy on WAR server alts serve no purpose.

MeGuaRen, plz dont double post especialy not so fast in a row.

It all adds up

Even though you may recieve a certain percentage of you power in a day the money does get to you and you will grow quickly enough with the unfair resources of you alts. Even without growing from the resources of your alts quickly enough to claim the royalty, I'd imagine this can be exploited through the use of pships.
Whether you will use your unbalancing alts to neb you and then take an enormous amount of pships to get the money quickly or powering up with p-ships at the moment before a royalty comes in (which happens to be a certain time of day to the second!)

all right i see what u are saying about royalties but for the average person everything else stands
but if you were to have more than 1 gold you would be able to buy 1.02 ships for the price of 1. And possibly more than that!
Your main could then return the favor to your single alt and that could go back and forth!

So you only need two alts to exploit royalties.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:51:24 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: