Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 01:44:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy or alt nebbing  (Read 12986 times)
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:43:03 AM »

can we please do something about this on the main server.. im tired or people using no marines and just staying in a neb... theres no more pvp on so main.. and the people that do marine and pship up cant compete with the people that just stay in the neb
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:45:04 AM by Cameron07 » Report to moderator   Logged

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:53:11 AM »

Yeah alot of ppl use alts to neb there main accounts in galaxy,and having ppl buddy neb is not cool either.Hiding in neb 24/7 7 days a week is BS. There is no more PvP in this game just nebing and CP. About alt nebbing,I think there should be a limit to how high a % you can attack in galaxy cause i know a few ppl who do that,tho i wont say names. buddy nebbing is BS also.There should be a limit to how often you can stay in neb,as posted on FTP's thread. But we made this one cause it looks as Emi hasn't been paying much attention to that one,and something needs to be done about this crap,Cause I'm getting quite bored of all this PvE..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:54:59 AM by NightShadow » Report to moderator   Logged

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »

Ya, I think that there should be like a period of time where u cannot be placed into a nebula. Like maybe 30 minutes? Something should be done about it though no doubt.  1

It's funny that I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  laugh
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:05:48 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:50:21 AM »

Whats funny is the number of threads on this topic that people arent reading.

Emi made a post today on one of the threads indicating he is working on a fix, and there are already some good suggestions.

Due to the differences on Main and Wars - maybe each server needs a different solution.

I dont think its productive to create further threads on this at the moment, unless you have a new idea/insight into a solution.
Report to moderator   Logged
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 06:32:40 AM »

well the whole self neb thing is a bit overrated- as someone already pointed self-nebbing cost quite a lot (eats up to half of your income from workers) and once you get into top10 encounters become so rare that these people have trouble growing 16

Linkrift
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:37:38 AM »

One of the advantages that this game has is that it can be played in more than one way.  Forcing players to PvP would detract from this.  One popular way to balance out the economics is to set up areas that are specifically PvP (no neb available).  The rewards for events/missions within the PvP areas should be higher (or unique) as the risk is greater.  There is also the idea of using alliance bases as a safe(r) haven.  This would remove the necessity for PvP areas, but would create the necessity for every new player to be automatically placed into a temp alliance.
There are other possible solutions, I can get into them if this is a direction that everyone likes.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »

A shorter neb time on SO main wouldnt do any good as you can hit anyone at anytime and can just hit someone as soon as they pop out. Limitting the use of way lower accounts to do the attacks would help.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

cameron
the past few times ive seen u on wars, u have been in a neb...

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:10:18 PM »

warning! what i'm about to say may rock the boat a lil (or just plane seem retarded)

conservative SO players avert your eyes!

let's get rid of neb all together or up it to something like a 90% loss of power within 48 hours. make it harder for a single commander to make consecutive attacks (because of evasive maneuvers, attack sigs etc). as far as alliance gang beats, perhaps consecutive attacks can role 30-60% over into same alliance attacks and/or other attacks in general.

OR

make neb length decrease with increase in mothership size

well... there i said it

u read it

u can't un-read it!

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »

no that would undermine everything
one of the already said idea just needs to be put into play

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »

jessie.. i attack people on wars so i get attacked back and nebbed.. and silence.. what a bad idea.. i agree with ftp.. and ive said it before too.. limit the galaxy attacks maybe no more than 5-10 times your power

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:55:46 AM »

One of the advantages that this game has is that it can be played in more than one way.  Forcing players to PvP would detract from this.  One popular way to balance out the economics is to set up areas that are specifically PvP (no neb available).  The rewards for events/missions within the PvP areas should be higher (or unique) as the risk is greater.  There is also the idea of using alliance bases as a safe(r) haven.  This would remove the necessity for PvP areas, but would create the necessity for every new player to be automatically placed into a temp alliance.
There are other possible solutions, I can get into them if this is a direction that everyone likes.

If you play SOWARS then self nebbing is retarded.  Its a PvP server - so if you want to play without PvP go do a crossword puzzle.
Linkrift
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »

I apologize.  I thought the topic was exclusively for the main server and not Wars.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »

Just because you like the PvP aspect of the game doesn't mean that everyone does, there is nothing wrong with people wanting to protect themselves.
I don't think I am particularly good at this game yet and the only way I have been able to get anywhere is to stay in a neb as long as possible, once I have a good economy and have enough workers to resupply the ships that vultures keep stealing it isn't too bad.
However when it takes me weeks to get the ships to enable me to do level 2 encrypts and sensibly fill them with marines and put up pships, I start to foolishly think that I might get somewhere and some evil person comes along with a boarder and takes me out it makes me want to quit playing.
If I didn't have the option to stay in a neb to get me past that stage I wouldn't continue to play, If I and others quit because the people who know how to get the best from the game keep slaughtering us, then Sir Emi wouldn't get much in the way of donations, if he doesn't get the donations he won't see the point in keeping the servers up and we would all lose out.
I suggest that the vultures would do better leaving things as they stand and continue to pick on the people who can't/won't learn from their mistakes.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »

The buddy nebbin/alt nebbing goes right to the top of the rankings so its not just newbies thinking its they only way to get started in the game, for newbies maybe a weeks protection on SO main and a fortnight onn was untill they pass a certain rank power, but why should top 30+ players be buddy nebbing, they should have a good enough economy to recover if not then they shouldnt have been that high anyway. But whoever and where ever ranked someone better will always kill you, so thinking that getting a higher rank is suddenly going to stop you getting attacked wont work, as you go up in ranks the greater your losses will be and you still may need days even weeks to recover. Iplay mainly wars sever, its basically a PvP only server so why should you be buddy nebbing on there, if you dont want to fight go play another game and on main its a race to the top, so people who take hard attacks and still be in the top without nebbing themselves are getting somewhat cheated by those who do and can make the top without loses, expence of marines as no one can board them meaning they raise quicker to the top, and if you win you gat $100, would you play poker with someone with a deck of cards up their arm to win, doubt it, its the same in my eyes as buddy nebbing, no matter what you have the other person will do better
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:27:19 PM by the broken » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: