Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 26, 2024, 12:31:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bounty hunter system  (Read 6411 times)
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »

Since people always give money through the market to other people who have hitted somebody for them..
Why not make a(n extra) bounty system where you can set up you're own bounty and reward, but it has to be within some sertain limits, not like a few trill for killing somebody with a few mill power... Opps

That way people can't abuse the trading through the market anymore, since that's being used ALOT! 4

And I wanted to suggest a few other things to change in the market... but I'll say that sometime and somewhere else...

What you guys think?

Greetz, ABI :-)
Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Remfer
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »

YES!  cause i'd be giving out cash for bounties right now if it wasn't for the fact that i have no idea how to give other people money for hits...
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

i like the idea but here are a few responces ppl might make

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1127.0.html

WARS Account= Overmind
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »

It's a good idea, and since it is payment for the attack of another player, it IS allowed in the game. Making a feature for it would limit the price you could put on someone's head.

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »

ow oops merchant I didn't saw that Opps

But I'm hearing all excuses about ppl giving money through the market to other people 'cus they hitted somebody for them, I say, make this, and they can't use that ****ing excuse again...
Paying eachother shouldn't be allowed in ANY way, but that's just my opinion, we're not talking about that in here...

But as I said that way ppl can't abuse the market that way anymore, yeah I know, they will find other ways, but I will find other ways to stop that aswell... (I said some suggestions to Emi, I hope he looks through them and suggest or activate them)

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 05:28:13 PM »

one guy leaves an alliance, but hes still a part of it cause this is how u abuse it: he puts up lotsa pships. the top guy in the alliance puts up a bounty on the person who just left the alliance. another lower guy hits the guy who left the alliance, and who only has pships out. voila, lotsa money to the lower guy in the alliance, while the guy who left just gotta put up more pships so he can become targeted again and again and again. when its all done, he joins the alliance again while having followed the rules...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:23:56 PM »

now how would the other guy get into attack range 21 and maybe limit it to 1 bounty a week per person

WARS Account= Overmind
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 11:44:32 PM »

a few things I want to key in on, some that you may find interesting...

a: if this were put in, you would be paying out of your own pocket

b: as far as I know, this is what the bounty system in place now was supposed to be like anyway

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:37:09 AM »

sounds like a good idea, Im sure there would be more bounties if it could be done this way.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »

With xp reward it could be abused 21
Two people could set up bounty for each other and destroy pships for nice amount of xp.
Oh, maybe it is possible to abuse now too, but if one player's reputation drop it will stop? 21

Otherways great idea, now bounty system is rarely usefull.

Alright... rip
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 02:17:47 PM »

wohooo looking forward to seeing lamma nailing my name up there together with the rest of UEA  wow

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 05:53:48 AM »

I LOVE the idea.  1

Also, at a high level using 15 turns on making a bounty for exp. isn't quite worth it. However... I would suggest that the exp gained be dependent on the level of the player you are attacking or how much damge you do. Like Frank stated in the thread related to this topic- A player can place what's called an "Independent Bounty", and the maximum amount earned from the bounty could be proportional to the player who the bounty is set on.

ie.- Let's say I want to set a bounty on 17   Nicholas D. Wolfwood (#3202) 3569143 5     14.041.469.069.220. Now it could be set up where a player could offer up to .7x the amount of power that is destroyed in battle. Having the reward this low makes it hard to abuse the system due to the cost to attain that power. Without line assemble this power could be attained by spending approximately 1 credit for .7 power, if pships are used to attain it. Now, having the reward set to a maximum of 70% credit:power lost, then it would be harder for two players to abuse this system as a way to transfer credits.

So, potentially I could earn up to 9.829.028.348.454 credits from attacking Duo.  1
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:57:10 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »

see, limiting it is easy. You may do 1 bounty on a person per week, period.

zilong
Private

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »

i would love to see a assassin guild being included in the game. Players can join the guild but they have to meet certain requirements(lvl/exp/rank) in order to become a assassin. Players who want to assa someone would have to pay a amount for the job done. but its up to the assas if they are interested in the amount offer to carry out the job.

This is to ensure that lower ranking players who does not have lots of creds are still able to enjoy the fun of having a assa contract.
Remfer
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

ooooohhh ooohhh sign me up...assassination...1

assassin, mercenary, bounty hunter...anything that involves getting payed to kill people

assassin's guild great idea!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: