Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 04, 2024, 07:37:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: D-Day  (Read 7248 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:37:05 AM »

d-day just got activated, and what do i see, tons of alts with barely enough power to be in d-day that cant be taken down as they all get their power from money on hand. i know this has been discussed already, but it seems to be the time to take it up again. how about changing this so 1 guy cant complete d-day all by his own by just making 20 alts. maybe a new rule that says u can only use 1 account per user, and it has to be min lvl 50 or something...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:39:11 AM by Soppe » Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
CTPEJIOK
Lance Corporal

Don't make me boring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:43:35 AM »

Yeah the must be some rules to join dday. Or maybe don't add money on hand to power that needed to join DDay. I think that it must be only ships power. So if you got 32mil power by ships you can join if your armada lost ships you cancel DDay.
Report to moderator   Logged

Sorry for bad English.
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:49:14 AM »

"There is talk of a secret project undertaken by 20 powerful commanders to design a superweapon ..."

Scientists researching DDAY     
     User    Comment    Power    
     1    ??????     yeaaaaa    201.670.001    
     2    ??????     a tomar por culo    104.016.746    
     3    ??????     The game will restart, its been too long    102.142.121    
     4    ??????     DDAY!    89.647.741    
     5    ??????         84.996.872    
     6    ??????     Bored.... Uh Oh...    67.884.012    
     7    ??????         65.196.399    
     8    ??????     ..............    63.766.678    
     9    ??????     hell ya    57.300.935    
     10    ??????     kill them all, let God sort things out    54.973.282    
     11    ??????     dont raid me i have 35b on hand:P    50.169.218    
     12    ??????         49.163.113    
     13    ??????         48.573.056    
     14    ??????     Ke pasa?    44.545.164    
     15    ??????     can you feel the peace that this will bring... it feels like bullets    44.089.260    
     16    ??????         43.316.372    
     17    ??????     What the hell. Why Not???    41.897.237    
     18    ??????     the end is near!    38.833.638    
     19    ??????     dont join until you have 35B on hand that way they cannot make you leave 37.553.964    

The small commanders from dday, mostly alts, are definitley not powerful, they are insignificant compared to the top 100 players   laugh
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:11:15 AM »

I think it is time we up the power needed as well. 35M use to be a lot, but now, you can get that about a week into the round, if that. But yes, there needs to be some sort of rule with the alts on that, maybe have it where two accounts that joined from the same IP or something gett kicked? Not sure, but Sir Emi could probably find a way to set something like that up. But I think the power requirement needs to be raised, probably about 100M at least.

and CTPEJIOK, if we make credits not worth anything in power, D-Day will never activate, because the really high players rarely join D-Day, and people would get knocked off the list instantly by a top ten player attacking them relentlessly. That's why we allow the credits to prevent that, so the round will end. That shouldn't be changed at all.

CTPEJIOK
Lance Corporal

Don't make me boring

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 08:29:41 AM »

Ok for example. Now about 15000 players. Not all active, not all could reach some power. BUT there allaways will be ppl that don't like the situation we have at the moment. They build alliance. Something like "DDay come". each of them receive 35bil on hand. it's not so long.then they activate DDay and nothing can stop them. All that you made to grow up is ruined by those who don't like that your crumble up and not they.
I have few sugestions for this.
1. DDay is sheduled. Every 3 month comes DDay. The easiest way but not the worthest.
2. DDay could be activated by much more power about 1 trill. this will make round longer.
3. DDay must be activated by destroying of some fllets on galaxy travel map. About 100 random very high power fllets. Like reavers they mustn't ressuply themselves when you failed to destroy them all. First of all you must find them and the second to defeat.
4. DDay could be activated if half of top ten players join it.

Sorry for bad English.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:44:14 AM »

All those are really bad ideas.

1. three months is too short, and timing D-day would make this like too many other games. D-Day was meant to be controled by the people.
2. for 20 people to reach 1 trillion power would take almost a year for sure. That's way to long.
3. To complicated and a lot of players don't use the galaxy map, and then the guy in first place could set D-Day off himself.
4. Top ten players rarely join D-Day.

Basically, the power requirement needs raising, that will help prevent it from happening so easily, second, you will find that players have every right to do what you just said, but it's hard and would take longer then you think (they need 35B on hand to make 35M power, the lowest amount required to join D-day.) Also, once council is implemented, I'm sure we will be allowed to interfer and stop D-Day if it isn't in the best interest of the game to activate it, preventing it from starting too early in the round.

the only thing needing changed is the power requirement, to at least 100M, if not more then that.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:12:41 PM »

I suggest you all take a look at my DDay crystal suggestion, I suggested that there be a special encounter somewhere in rankings or galaxy map, that must be wiped out before anyone can start DDay.  it was then expanded that all players must defeat this special encounter before they may join DDay.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »

i dont like the idea of the crystal, but i think that eaither the certant power thing or to raise the min requirment would be a better soloution... but not 1 tril more like... a combined power of like 10bil/with at least 20 ppl (to prevent 1 person from starting) or combined of both of thouse over 100mil min requriement and a total power of 10 bil min with 20 people, so that it will make it longer and still block people from simpley giving there accounts 100bil rather than 35 bil

Imihir
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »

I agree with Lammalord
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »

I'm totally lost as to what lammalord is saying.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 04:49:39 PM »

combind most of the ideas i hold

the min power to join = 100mil

min commanders to start it = 20

min amount of combined power of all the Dday commanders = 10bil

the 100mil is to raise the thing so that 35bil wont work anymore and to make it a bit longer and to make is so that at least the commanders that do join actally know what there doing (i was seeing alot of week noobs joining just beacuse it was there not knowing what it would really do) the min of 20 commanders is to prevent someone like me joining reaching the 10 bil myself and starting it and the 10 bil total power is to prevent ppl from still simply giving there accounts 100bil each

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »

All valid points and suggestions; but what about a blend of power..ie X% from fleets, x% from stash...etc...enough of this credits on mom to keep your position.  Or eeven simply not have credits on mom count at all...they would have to be in the stash...hey, if you cant protect your stash, you dont deserve to be on d-day.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 05:09:14 PM »

wont work, with me playing the only people that would be able to protect there stash to start dday would be like the top 15 people other than that its a sure deal ill smash them tell threre nothing

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »

thats why some1 should stay close to u and once u get out of neb, theyll smash u back in =)
if u keep getting zeroed all the time, u wont be able to kill every1 ;)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »

problem 1 everyone except ppl on dday likes me i dont really have anyone that would do that..

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: