Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 05:46:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dynamic Signature Maker  (Read 36689 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 11:51:06 PM »

ya snipe, its more for other fourms and such, so you can show off that you play the game, and well help emi advertize the game..
Report to moderator   Logged

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »

Lammalord, #1, Dont tell me how to do my job, Ive been moderating/administrating games, and forums for over 7 years now.  #2, dont double post, I know its meant for advertising, im perfectly capable of reading, #3, A moderator background is all I asked for, and as I am a Moderator, so are you, I would rather advertise the fact that Im a moderator, than a player (so if someone joins, they dont have to search for a moderator, they know they can go to me for help).
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »

Snipe i think what lamma means is that you ARENT a moderator, your a forum moderator... huge difference there... you have no more power in the actual game then me, or just about ny1 beside emi lol... so if people needed help theyd go ot emi, or an experienced player in game, and if they needed help on the forums, you got that oyur a moderator in quite a few places, so shouldnt be too hard to find lol...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 09:33:40 PM »

not like theres much to do as a moderatior, all i get is the occiasinal misplacement of a topic, or spam... and well sometimes people that ask me to lock a topic, other than that it isnt that hard to be a moderator, so really what was that 7 years good for? i mean just about anyone who is active on the fourm can know whats spam and whats in the wrong spot...

but emi has suggested mabey some chat moderators for the spaceo chat, now that can have a different picture, or well mabey something fancy in the chat box if it ever happens...

Remfer
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 10:42:37 PM »

i'm no moderator, but when did a discussion on dynamic signatures and how to make them turn to a conversation about moderator powers and abusing them and everything that is in the last few posts?  Back to the topic of dynamic signatures...

I just use fireworks (i have a mac) its a pretty good program but it is really limited...i'm saving for a del laptop though, or a desktop, thoes work better since they're cheaper (weird right?)

For now fireworks suits me fine...but i can never tell what is a good size for forum signature pictures...i just use a size that looks like a picture from a previous post
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 03:27:37 PM »

yeah i have fireworks also, (well  idon own it but have access to it if i need it) and it works ok, ive done a few things in it. standard signature size is 400x100 thoguh i believe, or something near that size

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

Mines a little big but i'm too lazy to go on the photoshop enabled comp and transfer it to this one

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
neptis
Private First Class

UTHER ACOUNT'S: Darth Venom, Darth Neptis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »

yeah i have fireworks also, (well  idon own it but have access to it if i need it) and it works ok, ive done a few things in it. standard signature size is 400x100 thoguh i believe, or something near that size
well i would say that standerd avitar sizes are 100x100 and signature is 200x400. thay are the main sizes on most sites i go to
Too bad i didn't know about this before i spent heck of long trying to figure out how to use photoshop to make my sig
i would have of sugested yousing gimp 2.2 it has a esyer to lern interfase and sistem .

neptis

Remfer
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 11:53:35 PM »

GO GIMP 2.2! best program i've used for editing!
neptis
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 09:06:51 AM »

GO GIMP 2.2! best program i've used for editing!

HELL YES althow thair are people that are allot better than me at it . i am beter at re coulering black and white picture than eny thing else
as long as i am told the coulers thay want thingsd .

cheers for the GNU Imige Manipulation Program   aka gimp 2.2

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »

Its cool that gimp is free, but... I cant use it 16 Photoshop has far better interface, and layer options. Or maybe gimp has too, but i dont know where 1 I didnt read any book about either editor, but i can use photoshop and cant gimp.
Startup time. Jeeez, whats up with fonts in gimp? It starts in 1 minute, mainly because of fonts. Photoshop starts in 11 seconds, and after it was loaded once, 4 seconds.

0cossin77, my sugestion with that random numbers was to add preview. Random string will prevent caching for preview. User could test different sigs without need to manually refresh page in other window/tab.
You could also use imagecopyresampled instead imagecopyresized for better quality. Or maybe also crop to square and than resize.

Alright... rip
neptis
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 07:53:19 PM »

i have photo shop my self but do not now how to youse it as well as gimp and since i make most of my stuf with gimp i find it the esyer program. it was the first one i had and i beleve the best for most things. but photoshop has its distorts and uther efects to its advantage . althow thair is a way to get the photoshop things in gimp. i still prefer to youse gimp .

and befor you be wundering i got photoshop from a frend so it did not cost me a thing.

neptis

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 04:51:50 AM »

I own you all, I make everything in paint now. Anyone can make cool pictures in photoshop or gimp, but to do it in paint, that takes skill. my sig is made in paint, my avatar, also paint.

neptis
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

True luffy you do pwn us all with the paint skills .And would extremy pwn us if you got gimp or photshop, I meen if you can do that in paint then dam!  you will be very good in gimp and a bit more in photoshop.

But one question is it just normal microsoft paint . Or paint shop pro you are yousing?

neptis

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 08:15:08 PM »

I think he meant ms paint 1
Neptis, if your first program was gimip, maybe thats why you know it better than photoshop.
My first was photoshop, so i know it better. Thats it, i think.
For ms paint fans check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrldD02if0  wow

Alright... rip
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: