Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 03:50:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Alliance Project  (Read 17085 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

This project will dealing with expansion of the Alliances.

Alliances are a great thing, they inspire commanders to gather up and work towards a greater goal.

For alliances to work and not generate abuse, they need to function as a self sustaining entity. The idea is to made the alliance self-sufficient trough it's members. The members will be able to control the alliance assets that will be introduced in the near future, like alliance controlled systems / bases / planets however alliance structures will only generate income and assets that can be used in other alliance tasks.

For example, an alliance planet will generate alliance income that unloaded will be sent to the alliance vault. While commanders will be able to contribute to the alliance, they will not be able to withdraw from the alliance fund.

Alliances will also be able to gather far more troops then regular players would in order to better protect their contributing members and facilities.
The Alliance can also declare war on another alliance and siege / attack other alliance structures, but not privately owned structures.

So, the idea is to make alliances wage war on each other but the Council will issue a decree that states an alliance will only be able to use it's fleets in order to defend against another commander and can not attack single commanders. The Alliance can however attack other alliance controlled structures after a war declaration and 24 hours of preparation on both sides.

The Alliance forces will be controlled by the leader or other alliance members that have access to control fleets / attack. The leader will be able to promote others and issue custom ranks and access to alliance structures, bases, planet, fleets, etc.

Please feel free to suggest new ideas for the project.

Project todo list:
- Custom ranks and access for members of the alliance to alliance resources.
- Alliance economic interface
  => includes view of all economic activity of alliance and commands for the members with access
  => include hiding of secret facilities from lower ranked members

- Alliance war room
  => include progress on alliance wars, alliance fleets, fleet movements and position
  => include hiding of secret fleets from lower ranked members

Report to moderator   Logged

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:24 PM »

Wooot Sir Emi your a god cant wait till you finish it  wow
captainjf
Corporal

I believe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:28:44 PM »

wow SWEET!!!!!!   wow

Your awesome Sir Emi!!!!

Some say the world will end in fire,
some say in ice,
but from what ive tasted of desire,
i hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
i think i know enough of hate,
to say that for destruction of ice
is also great,
and will suffice.

-Robert Frost
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:02:09 AM »

dont want to sound all its not a bad idea but how about finishing fleet commanders and pvp salvage first???
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »

I believe most of these ideas were mine 13

Edit: I DIDN'T ask for credit, and i know the ideas have been suggested for months, but how many of those people would be willing to refine the ideas if emi (or anyone else for that matter) asked them?

Also, SlayerX has a point, don't start a new project till the ones before it are finished, it's begining to make it look like ideas are started and never finished, no offence to you emi, but are you sure you shouldn't get some help for this game somewere?

But i always say finish on a good point, so here it is, Finnaly there will be something an alliance can work on instead of just chat.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:45:15 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »

By defination of the new forum rules...what im abt to say will be against those rules..but i just have to say it...

so lalelulilo... u think u deserve a cookie then for the ideas? Ideas isnt a problem...coding is...if u said u coded the ideas...then u deserve to boast abt it.

meh...

anyway, will look forward for any updates emi does for the game...unless its a complete deal breaker.

cheers emi...keep it coming

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:23:31 PM »

great update.. hope its soon.. as well as the pvp salvage update.. and lalelulilo.. u cant take credit for those... theres been tons of suggestions on alliances for mooonths.. they've just never been put into play

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »

these features wont have much use on pve or on main server. and the idea of being able to contribute and not being able to benefit sucks...i have played another game, where everyone could contribute and withdraw from alliance, it logged each deposit and withdraw and when you withdrew you had to pay it back with interest.
   i do see with the space o economy the way it is abuse would be unstoppable with the ability to withdraw...i think the values are way to big, with quads and quint creds...the economy should be more realistic, where a billion creds is a ton of money, quad creds ships are almost impossible to reach..this would make encryption missions valuable for income as well as the ever rare turn items.

for pve and main, if planets and bases were redone, made to generate more income for shorter rounds instead of being the same thing on an infinite server these new updates would be useful there. most of the bases and planets on main and pve are built by war server players or new players.  the object of the main server is to grow as fast as possible, bases and planets take valuable turns and command points and would only slow you down.

from my understanding of the post, there will be a alliance bank, alliance fleets and structures, but how do the structures get built? individual alliance members doing the researching of the technology? or will there be a bank of alliance turns and command points to go towards alliance research and the leader builds all the structures? alliance bank of resources ? everyone can deposit minerals and mineral items into it?  theres alot of detail left out as to how these new things will get accomplished 10

lots of potential though.

please please make the leader be able to sticky posts in alliance boards as suggested by tons of people in the past, we could sticky alliance rules, hitlists  current goals and ect without them being lost under the regular chat in the board.

Peace And Happy Hunting
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

ah wars server need a boost.

fleet commanders and pvp salvage didn't sound that good anyway.

1 suggestion tho emi, in the alliance war room, have a board where only the alliance leader and people with a high enough rank can post. an alliance sticky with maybe a limit of 3 posts before the earlier ones have to be deleted.

everything sounds great, i cant wait!

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »

I suggest that this update be saved till the new round

To prevent from abuse in this round

Also will there be a limit as to who you can attack.
ex. So that a top 5 alliance can not just go and destroy smaller alliances?

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Suggestion:

Have an option where a leader can impose a % tax that will go to the alliance "bank"

NolanJB
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »

Can you make it where the alliance boards show 10 post instead of 5? I hate signing on to find out that there's a bunch of alliance messages unread and it's like a challenge to read them all.

Click here to join!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »

just asak for an update on what happened nolan, it works in pof

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
NolanJB
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

just asak for an update on what happened nolan, it works in pof

Lol I didn't say I had a problem reading them all =P
I actually enjoy reading what people have to say in my alliance.

Also another suggestion, have an option where you can merge 2 alliances? Like alliance leader A sends a request to alliance B to merge but alliance leader B has to agree on it?

And also maybe make the ability to change the alliance's name? Kinda like how if your a gold member you can change your screen name every 30 days, maybe do the same for alliance name?

Click here to join!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 12:48:29 AM »

i geuss ill have to be the anit-crist for this.. I'm against change! that or at least make another sever thats eaither before the galaxy was ever created (less time playing for players who dont have time) or when the galaxy first came out... that would be cool, cause some people (me) enjoyed the simplcity of the game back then, all these new rules and addations are what scared me off every other mmorpg i found around the time i found spaceo.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:50:07 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: