Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 03:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stabilizers vs Disruptors  (Read 12732 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 06:43:40 AM »

As most players are beginning to become aware of how powerful stabilizer and disruptor etch is, and investing in it - I thought Id start this thread.

I didnt want to start this earlier - because a lot of players just werent aware of the power of the warp techs, and I didnt want to hand out strategy tips.

Rivaris has raised this issue a couple of times now on the forums, so Im sure a lot have already read about it at least - so it shouldnt be new to anyone.

If stabilizers remain cheaper than disruptors, then attacks become increasingly difficult - to a point where a defensive style player can be almost immune to attack - as thorough as neb ever was.  THis was one of my main underlying bitches about neb abuse - it wasnt even neccessary - purely by thinking and using the existing game mechanics defences can be made very strong.

However, as more players begin to realize and apply stabilizer tech - then the issue will continue to grow - attacks will get too difficult to land at all - and the server becomes (rather, it remains) PVE .

I would like to see the costs reversed, so disruptors become cheaper than stabilizers.  Often to make a successful attack you need more fleetpower than the defender - so this would allow slightly more fleetpower to be brought against someone in an attack.  The change would favour the aggressive players - and they are the ones who are going to make this server interesting.

I dont believe making them the same cost is going to be enough - most players will focus on defence first, meaning stabilizers will always be ahead of disruptors.  Thats just common sense, because they are one player making attacks, versus possibly a dozen able to make attacks on them - so defence is more important than offense purely on a probability basis.
Report to moderator   Logged
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:49:40 AM »

yeah disruptors should be cheaper but that would be a risk if it becomes 2 cheap the top 20 can start hitting peeps in the top 50.

of a other option would be keep disruptors the same cost but increase the % by 1% making it 3% if that would work i dont know.

i wait and see my hands have been itching for 4 months now last good battle i had was with ftp.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 06:51:48 AM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »

Again, this is for SO Wars, none of us play MAIN.

I do not see any problems with Amagnon's suggestion.

And the low to mid level guys keeping their Fleet Powers low enough means they will not get attacked by the top guys anyway.

No down side to this being implemented.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:30:07 AM »

The percentage change sounds easiest to implement Riv - Id suggest 4% per tech level.

High end guys are not going to be able to hit low fleetpower targets who tech stabilizers - but this will make combat more interesting with more valid targets.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »

once again, a chance wanted purely by the top end. it would benefit you most. 4% is a big difference when you are attacking people with a 100 bil power difference or even 5 bil power difference as supposed to a 1 tril power difference.

the change cant be too big, but i agree a change should be made. perhaps making them the same price, or keeping the prices the same and having disruptors 3%, 4 is too big. 

the change cant be huge

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »

even better than a change, though, is a few players who are willing to TAKE A RISK and make an attack. im one of 3 people i know who in the top 30 that have tried to make an attack vs someone around their power in the last month or so. Zelox, Nightguard, myself. we dont NEED cheaper warp disruptors, we need players who are willing to attack.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »

Amagnon - you are as low a scum bag as lamma and nighty. The only reason you want them to be cheaper (and this is only an educated guess based on extrapolation) is because you have finally finished researching warp stabilizers and now you want the disruptors to be cheaper so that you can finish researching them in less time than it took you to finish the stabilizers. I have read all your posts and it's obvious what you're building up to, what you're planning, and how all your suggestions will help you greatly.

But again, merely a guess. I suspect it's close to the truth however.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 12:13:37 PM »

once again, a chance wanted purely by the top end. it would benefit you most.

In what way is this going to benefit me?  I sometimes wonder ...  This is extremly bad for me personally.

I suggest you click on my alliance and read what I put in there - I dont accept any unethical or selfish behaviour from my members, and I sure dont intend to set that example.

In the short term this may give the AI guys some incentive and capability of attacking myself and my alliance, so if this is purely driven by selfish reasons, why would I want that?  Also - why would the AI guys or myself go hitting players with less than 8 to 10 mil segs?  If they annoy us we might - there are a couple that have annoyed me now.

In the long term - as with all my other suggestions - it should benefit the game, individual players have more balanced choices and the game becomes a more interesting and competitive environment. 

And finally, and mainly - attacks become easier to land - so PvP opportunites increase for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:13:03 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »

Amagnon - you are as low a scum bag as lamma and nighty. The only reason you want them to be cheaper (and this is only an educated guess based on extrapolation) is because you have finally finished researching warp stabilizers and now you want the disruptors to be cheaper so that you can finish researching them in less time than it took you to finish the stabilizers. I have read all your posts and it's obvious what you're building up to, what you're planning, and how all your suggestions will help you greatly.

Yeah yeah - your right - I give up - its all a cunning plan to put me ahead.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:25:45 PM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

Do you skip a lot of school Blackranger?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

Well, it is true though

I've watched his evasion continue to rise in spite of the power difference between him and me getting larger

And I am fairly certain that he didn't suggest disruptors be cheaper earlier because he wasn't finished researching stabilizers and was content because stabilizers were already cheaper.

Unfortunately, Amagnon, sarcasm does not fair well through internet travel

And I obviously skipped less school than you because apparently you can't read...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »

i think it would be a very simple fix to this.

but then just make it warp stabs/disruptors dont get calculated in when your countering some 1.

and in addition make them both cost the same but lower the % to 1% this will make the techs cost huge ammounts to get high enough to get 2 90% passive evasion like some people are close 2 getting.

if you have the guts 2 attack some 1 you will have the guts to get the counter taken on you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 04:44:37 PM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

awsome idea disruptors not counting on counters

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »

Well, it is true though

I've watched his evasion continue to rise in spite of the power difference between him and me getting larger

And I am fairly certain that he didn't suggest disruptors be cheaper earlier because he wasn't finished researching stabilizers and was content because stabilizers were already cheaper.

Unfortunately, Amagnon, sarcasm does not fair well through internet travel

And I obviously skipped less school than you because apparently you can't read...

Actually, I was saying your educated guess wasn't very educated. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 12:43:34 AM »

Well, it is true though

Almost everytime I post a suggestion on the forums I reveal something - so I lose an edge that I could have maintained.  Why do I do it, I ask myself, when it not only doesnt seem appreciated or understood - but more - players like you try to twist my intent to make it seem self serving.

Your comments are just slanderous - theres no point arguing with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: