Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 24, 2024, 08:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diminishing Counters - SO Wars / Full assault  (Read 31694 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »

ok. we get the idea that u guys are beasts. lets back to the topic of diminishing counters. (aka hell)
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
zelox
Private

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 09:36:21 PM »

I think warps should not be included as failed attacks.  I've heard people say you could use p ships and bet on the 5% chance, but how much money would you have to spend to get effective swarmers?  Besides, people with extremly high warp stabilizer levels would basically be immune to counterattack.  The only way to make it work would be to nullify warp stabilisers and destabilisers for counter attacks.  Then if you had an equal fleet you would have a decent chance of sucessfully retaliating.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 08:48:13 AM »

amagnon, the point is, we shouldn't have to change the game to progress. your ideas have all been good in the past, but this one i strongly disagree with.

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »

I dunno... perhaps is its a matter of where you are at now. At jessiedogs position now, the system seems to be ok, but as he gets up there higher, he will see perhaps a change in the game. The current mechanics for combat (attack/counter attack) does not complement a never ending universe nor does it promote for PvP enviroment.

Riv, Tzarkie, Neph... they are paralyzed in a way, and anyone who rises up in range for their attacks loses out simply because they would have amassed huge wealth which negates anything you could do to them and in return utterly ruin yourself in the process. A transparent glass ceiling has appeared and as the game progresses, it will be more apparent.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »

the whole notion of diminishing counters(anybody guess what im gonna say?) seems utterly absurd to me. what a sissified idea. if you can't take a counter you have no business attacking. the whole notion of diminishing counters to protect attackers - am i alone in seeing how ludicrous, chimerical, and bottom - backwards that is?

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 07:18:53 PM »

the whole notion of diminishing counters(anybody guess what im gonna say?) seems utterly absurd to me. what a sissified idea. if you can't take a counter you have no business attacking. the whole notion of diminishing counters to protect attackers - am i alone in seeing how ludicrous, chimerical, and bottom - backwards that is?

spider2

ummm... i totally agree with losted

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

and i totally agree with losted and mobius.

chrys. if the ppl at the top are afraid of being attacked, why wouldn't they use their huge amounts of $$$ to protect themselves. they are the richest and therefore potentially the most well defended.

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 03:34:46 AM »

Its not fear...u missed my point.
Oh well. wounded1

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »

Mkay, I am currently working on:

SO WARS - Secret base capacity depends on mothership segment numbers, the more segments you have the more workers / stash can be deposited.
- Any excess amount when the update is implemented will be deposited to the mothership like this: excess workers * 2 + excess stash.
- Once the max capacity is reached for each of the workers / stash excess amount is lost like this: e.g. max stash reached, then you lose worker production & interest, e.g. excess workers  reached, no more growth.
- The max deposit amount will be clearly visible in the secret base, and prob some indications of how much % is beeing used.

Anybody against the cap for sercret base please post and please provide arguments on why you are against it.
You may also express approval and provide arguments on why it would be a good change.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:17:58 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »

Previously, I was in agreement with limiting worker/stash to segments, but after evaluating what it truly implies, I decided that with the current system of 1/3 segs captured and 2/3 segs, this would prove a disaster.

Reason, On any hit, be it attack or counter attack, should the person succeed and with him brings trillions of ships surviving the attack, it would effectively destroy the person economy utterly to the point where most likely, simply because WARS server is never ending, there will be almost no way to recover. I doubt when you have 15-20mill segs then reduced to maybe 2-5mill or even lower segs after a very hard hit from the *koff koff counter chasing flaw koff koff*, you would shrug it off and say lets grind encrypts to recover that loss.

If a system in place such as remove all warp techs but in replace of that, a fixed segment loss assigned, eg. if i have 10mill segs, loss is 100k captured, if 1mill segs, 10k captured, 100k segs, 1k captured, 10k segs, 100 captured. Seg destruction is a waste. And also couple in something like the probes for alien encounters? how abt having encrypts give out PvP probes. 10probes required and once used, all players within a 3x3 grid centered on your current quadrant will be avail for remote attacks. It would give incentive for lower power people to hunt higher powered players and make it truly profitable for everyone. More importantly, I dun have to go star by star to find targets, and if I do find targets, I can be sure I have a high chance of hitting my target and not have him/her warp away, and with the fixed seg loss, anyone can recover quickly.

Yes, some may say why play if your worried of attacks/counterattacks. I agree, but with the current system, once you lose 3/4 of your segments (and with this new upgrade, your stash as well) on a flawed counter system, no one would want to risk attacking the bigger players simply because there is not going to be a reset and the loss on the counter will be too great to recover from.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »

noooooooooo!!!!
sorry Chrys, but i disagree (please dont 0 me  16)

the wars server is meant to be different than the main server, we dont want to be more like it. the remote attack would completely ruin everything about the current wars server. if u only gain 1% of the opponents segs as supposed to around 5-6% then there would be no reason to attack either.

sorry emi, i disagree with the max stash stuff. if the top players are complaining that their money is giving them too much power, then spend the d**n money! if u can buy a ship that will raise ur power by 20 tril as Rivaris (so modestly) claims, then do it! you will be effectively invincible until someone can reach ur strength. no further change to the game is needed.

why cant we just play?!?

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008, 11:40:20 PM »

if your cash is giving you too much power(too much power? did i say that? these comments are getting positively surreal) buy a big ship or fleet of swarmers and reserve them, that will lower your power.  cheez you don have to change the game to do that.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »

y thank you losted  1

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »

This is a thread about Diminishing Counters and you want to hide a a change to the way secret bases work on page 5 where most everyone was against the change.

Do not change the Secret Base capacity. This deserves it's own thread. However, again this change negatively effects me more than anyone else. The correct place for battles on the SO Wars server is in the actual game, not on the forums. I spend more time looking through the forums to prevent random ideas from being implemented than I do actually playing. If you think you need to make a change to the game, post a thread with its own topic so it can be clearly found and discussed.

Chrys has the right idea, we need PvP probes. I can't attack anyone even if I wanted too, because I can never find anyone who I could possibly attack. Again though, wrong place to discuss it, start another thread.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »

tzarkoth - you should start your own topic thread about the base cap, that way every one will see it. back to dim counts. if you are going to put in dim counts, there is no point in having counters at all, so you might as well do away with them. the only way a dim count is even lop sidedly fair is to lock the attacker in place so there is NO WARPING AWAY from a counter. then you can cut the time on them and pretend its kinda fair.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: