Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 24, 2024, 08:39:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diminishing Counters - SO Wars / Full assault  (Read 31693 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »

Because, if its a PvP game ... And a strategically minded commander cannot attack anyone because of 3 reasons;

1: You cannot attack anyone because your stash/segs/workers makes your fleetpower 10 times anyone elses.
2: You cannot attack anyone who has worked out that you may as well counter with 1000000000000000000000000000 ships as you have the same chance to land the attack as if you use 100000 ships.
3: Attacking anyone will only reduce their ships and/or segments by an insignificant part of their total income so its POINTLESS.

Diminishing Counters would clear up point 2, but without addressing point 1 it KILLS the most successful Alliance to date.

Addressing Point 3 is totally seperate and deserves it's own thread.
Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »

Because, if its a PvP game ... And a strategically minded commander cannot attack anyone because of 3 reasons;

1: You cannot attack anyone because your stash/segs/workers makes your fleetpower 10 times anyone elses.
2: You cannot attack anyone who has worked out that you may as well counter with 1000000000000000000000000000 ships as you have the same chance to land the attack as if you use 100000 ships.
3: Attacking anyone will only reduce their ships and/or segments by an insignificant part of their total income so its POINTLESS.

Diminishing Counters would clear up point 2, but without addressing point 1 it KILLS the most successful Alliance to date.

Addressing Point 3 is totally seperate and deserves it's own thread.

Tz - Point 1 is the main issue where we disagree, you think its a game mechanic issue, but its not- if point 2 is fixed, then the problem will disappear quite rapidly - I can guarantee it.

Point 3, I agree has now become one of the most important issues - its been a while evolving, but now stashes are too large and arent effected by combat.  Somehow linking stash to segments should produce the best solution.  Also its worth considering a cash only attack, or cash capture from successful attacks.

If the counter attack issue had been resolved earlier - then issue 1 and issue 3 would never have arisen - now we are paddling our leaking bark canoe upstream on sh-t creek with our bare hands.

Issue 2 and 3 now need to be resolved faster than immediately - otherwise the whole thing is out of control - the longer an answer takes the worse the situation is getting.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »

With all due respect, I'll not be a party to any changes that do not include fixing the contribution stash/segs/workers make to Fleet Power.

Look at the Ranking chart, and tell me how you think having 2 Trillion Fleet Power and ZERO ships is fair?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »

If the counter system is fixed youll realise you never had a problem in the first place.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »

Tzar has a point- counters or not counters, He simply can't attack because of his power level.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »

amagnon, that is where tactics come in. this game cant be all math, it would get boring.

What tactics are you going to use to survive a 1,000 trillion fleetpower counter attack that you cant evade?  Could you also explain what part of this game isnt controlled by mathematics?

the part of the game that is not controlled by math is a player's actions. in simple terms, a commander has to have balls to make a daring attack. the more daring, the more potentially successful or potentially fatal. if you dont want to deal with a counter attack, amagnon, dont attack anyone. your problems should not be everyone else's.

im not contradicting myself at all. yes, i was in favor of the neb mechanics change, but i viewed that as cheating. counters are not cheating.

and you are proving my point. i know that what you are arguing for will help the top 10 and players like urself. but it will <I> only </I> help those 10 or so players. the other 200 or so that play regularly will be weakened by it.

Tzarkoth, i would love to be in your position. why wouldn't u just buy one big ship to account for 75% of your total power. in order to kami it, you would be warped... and to board it would be impossible without a significantly bigger ship.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »

amagnon, you are a very respected player, and i myself respect you greatly. but this update, including warps in diminishing counters, must not be made. if it were made, Infernal Cabal would effectively rule the galaxy for the time being. you all have not done missions for at least a week. you are all spending your turns on warp stabilizers. This excludes Chrys because she already had high stabilizers before she joined the Infernal Cabal. This is you attempt at overthrowing Armageddon Inc. Because you are unable to do so in a traditional fight with a balanced attack and counter system, you are trying to change the rules to suit you and your alliance.

if this update is made, then the game would no longer be worth playing.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

Yeah apparently amagnon had an 80% evasion chance to someone less than 10% his power

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 06:28:03 PM »

Unless the warp is changed you will find no 1 to attack anyways every 1 is pumping out warp stab to raise there evasion 2 95% even if some is is 1% there power.

sure you can tech up disruptors not that it does much with a 100.000 power diffrence the warp evasion stays at 95% since almost every 1 has set there try to warp away always.

if you ask me and Sowars is a pvp server the first thing you do is take out the always try to warp and for my part take out the 10% 20% and 50% aswell so the lowest you can set it at would be 75%.

then you cap the stabs you can get to lvl 30 every 1 above that gets there cps and turns refunded.
then you cap disruptors at lvl 35 or 40.

or you just remove them both from the wars server its a warserver not the Sowarp server.

then you lower the dammage done by attacks so you dont destroy some 1 in 1 attack and add that bases help on counters.
also then you can make the change to 99% evasion when some 1 powers up 2 a insane lvl or even 100% for that matter if some 1 pumps out a insane FP.

but still nothing is giong to change if nothing is done about the warp tech and warp system and a few tweaks to the nebs still while were at it.

sure you can change the counter system only and it will be nice battles for some people while the top 10 gets totaly destroyed because they cant counter.

then 2 weeks later every 1 has major warp stabs and no 1 has time to tech up disruptors so then we got a entire sever full of players all having 95% evasion.

also a little edit why dont we pump all our cash in a single ship well then you have the problem of 1 entire alliance that can just take turns at boarding you draining all your credits and then capture your ship 1
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 06:29:43 PM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

slayerX,

there are many people to attack. i made an attack about 10 minutes ago.

1 ship works very well in attacks. ( 19 )

what you suggested is basically like a communist government taking over a capitalist nation. you want everyone to be effectively even in stabilizers. what should really be done is let the players sort it out themselves as they always have. no further changes should be made to the system. Laissez Faire for those of you who just did that chapter in History  13

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

the system is broken i havent attacked any 1 since november because of it.

also if i were to buy a singleship i would raise my Fp by about 20tril  19
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »

and whats ur name on the wars server?

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »

Do an IP check and you know  12

Dutch boy  laugh

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »

ahh silly rivaris
i looked it up and there is a forum account under rivaris, but watevers  16

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »

More like 60 Trillion Riv ... But I am sure they get the idea.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: