Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 01:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diminishing Counters - SO Wars / Full assault  (Read 31062 times)
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »

You should also add that warping counts against counters.Also change segs capture to 1/3 captured as before but zero destroyed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:09:56 PM by Nightguard » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »

You should also add that warping counts against counters.Also change segs capture to 1/3 captured as before but zero destroyed.

added them thank you
Report to moderator   Logged

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

emi...only 2 choices?

I like the 1/3 captured nil destroyed couple in with scavenging items/credits from the ships you destroy in pvp..
AND
Diminishing counters..
Perhaps diminishing not in way of losing 6hrs of the counter but rather tie 3 attempts for each attempt at counter. It would give basically, 1 chance for scouting, 1 for target to warp away, and 1 chance to hit.

Right now, I do not dare attack a target more than once or give multiple counters simply because I be utterly ruined on the multi counter.

I also like the economy pegged to segs idea too..

sighz.. 21
All the ideas listed is pretty good.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

u guys wine too much. the counter system and attack systems all work perfectly fine. if you know how to attack then you would. stop complaining. if u want to attack someone, do it. emi, please say that

added them thank you

doesn't mean that u added warping to the -6hrs left...

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »

amagnon and nightguard especially. u have proven that u are good at attacking/defending, so why do you complain?

go mix it up with ai if ur bored. the system has been the same for a while, and the entire time it has worked well. the experienced or smart players could use it to their advantage. you are just trying to push for change so that it goes even more towards your personal advantage. the first name that comes to my mind should not be posted under this topic. 21

tzarkoth, what you say could make the game more interesting for the top few, but it would drastically change the way it is played by the bottom few. as not everyone has gold acct, the ones with more cash and means of production would be at a closer level to those without. it would be a massacre

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »

If you are going to change it I like these 2 best

- base protecting commander no matter if counter or normal attack

- receive 1/3 of current amount of captured segments but don't destroy any segments
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 01:26:48 AM »

Here are my thoughts.

Leave it as it is, make no changes.

or

Make ALOT of changes ... And ALL of the changes.

If you remove unlimited counter, then you have to address the Warp % equation as it currently stands so as to either not include Fleet Power generated from non Fleet sources or reduce the effect in such a way as to make it possible for the top guys to counter.

If you remove the unlimited counter, the top 4 Players, all in my alliance, and do not change the way Warp % is calculated then we are dead in the water.

Adding Salvage to attacks/counters for resources is cool, taking items and/or cash is not.

Making net segment loss ZERO is awesome ... Changing it to 90% Captured, 10% loss would be ok ... with Salvage ...

Bases protecting on Counter attacks ... Is perfectly fine.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:45 AM »

amagnon and nightguard especially. u have proven that u are good at attacking/defending, so why do you complain?

Jessie -

Your missing the point - sure Im good at attacking and defending - but when countering your opponent doesnt have to think about fleetpower.  That means they can use the cheapest ships and raise their fleetpower as much as they like.

You probably dont understand, and may not believe that someone can raise their fleetpower to 200 to 1,000 trillion to counter attack you.  But thats a reasonable kind of estimate for the kind of counter that you might expect from certain players.

They already know your warp evade is going to be 95 to them - so theres no reason to limit fleetpower in any way.  If you attack someone, and then they counter you with 500 trillion fleetpower and you cant evade it - I just cant understand how anyone can think its fair and reasonable.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 01:46:02 AM »

So far we have the following options SO WARS only:

- warp chance from 1% - 99%
- base protecting commander no matter if counter or normal attack
- cap secret base wealth capcity based on segments
- receive 2/3 of captured segments while destroying 1/3 in PVP
- receive 1/3 of current amount of captured segments but don't destroy any segments
- diminish counter when the target warped away

OK,

My primary votes -

Diminish counter on a warp, Diminish counter on a warp (2 votes - other things are nice, but thats the only thing thats really critical)

As for other votes, in order;

1.Cap secret base wealth based on segments
2.Warp chance 1% to 99%
3. Recieve 2/3 segs from combat, 1/3 destroyed

The base protection thing doesnt really matter much.  The bonus is only 100%, so thats a factor of x2 the counter attacker has advantage.

Its nothing like the 100x or more that can be brought against you if you cant warp away from 1,000 trillion fleetpower.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 02:13:44 AM »

Just so my point is not lost in the clutter.

Leave things the way they are.

or

Make changes, but reduce or remove contributions to fleetpower from Seg/Worker/credits.

Only two options you need in a poll. Unless we can agree on them, it is pointless discussing the finer details.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 06:50:03 AM »

Here's an idea for the warp/counter problem.Everyone starts with 3 counters per attack & can research increased counters.The 3 counters shouldn't affect play for lower players but will promote more combat at the higher levels.I know this could end up becoming unbalanced but it could be capped at say 50 max.

Feel free to approve or destroy this idea.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »

Nightgaurd I like your idea, just put the cap at like 20-25, or make it crazy expensive once you get above 10 - most people don't even use 50 counters right now as it is.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »

amagnon, that is where tactics come in. this game cant be all math, it would get boring.
that is the same reason why certain people in the game have not been touched; everyone fears their counter.

nothing more should be done to the attack system. if u want something else, maybe a new server with all ur ideas would be best, but like 42 said in one of the other topics, you cant change the rules so much after they have already been set.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 04:15:58 AM »

that is the same reason why certain people in the game have not been touched; everyone fears their counter.

You raise this point like it in someway supports your point of view, when in fact this is the basis of my entire argument.

They fear their counter because the counter attack is unbalanced.

amagnon, that is where tactics come in. this game cant be all math, it would get boring.

What tactics are you going to use to survive a 1,000 trillion fleetpower counter attack that you cant evade?  Could you also explain what part of this game isnt controlled by mathematics?

you cant change the rules so much after they have already been set.

You were one of the players raising the issue of neb abuse - and now thats been addressed - that was a major change, but you were in favour of it.  So you are contradicting yourself with the "dont change the rules" statement.

You cant understand why Im raising this issue, and why its so important.  Truthfully - I dont want to explain it in detail, and perhaps that is why you may feel like your not getting it.

Issues that emerge late in the game arent always apparent in the early stages - I didnt realise this was such a problem until recently. 

You arent as effected by this problem at your stage of the game.  The difference is in economy - what proportion of your assets are invested in your fleets, and what proportion of your income comes from stash interest.  At your stage fleets are a significant proportion of your assets, and stash income is a small portion of income.  So attacks on you can deal significant damge - because they damage your fleet and sources of income (workers, segments). 

If your fleet cost is insignificant , and your income mainly comes from stash - then you cant be hurt much by one attack - but you get a free counter attack that cant be evaded.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:44:58 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »

But if you're at that stage too, why are you worried about attacks?  13

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: