Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 24, 2024, 08:11:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOWARS - PvP Incentive (Further Updated)  (Read 6361 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:41 AM »

PvP combat is all but dead on WARS server - I switched away from my old alliance (and very good friends) and started a new one to try and breathe some life into PvP on the server.  I have been experimenting with new fleets and styles, and engaging in combat.

After some time Ive discovered that PvP is just not viable, theres no reason to engage in PvP except that you enjoy it - but in the end, even if you win - your losing ground.

Combat is expensive in all kinds of ways, credits, turns and also investment in tech that is only useful in PvP combat.  Increasing rewards for successful PvP combat is not a *nice to have* it is essential for the WARS server.

Some of these ideas I posted previously, some are new, Ive sorted them into good idea's (winners) and probably not good ideas (duds) 13;

Winners

XP and CP gain from successful attacks.

Remove destroyed segs, winning is enough - no need to crush your opponent to itty bitty pieces.

INTEL INSURANCE - covers 25% of your losses if a successful attack is made within 24 hrs of buying the INTEL.

Salvage (looks like Emi is doing this one yay) - Salvage some items, cash or resources after a successful attack.

Bounties.  INTEL contracts can include a bounty.  On a successful attack, the attacker gets a cash reward, say 1,000 credits per segment of the defender, thats 1 trillion for a defender with 1 million segs - maybe to prevent cheating the bounty is only payable if the maximum segs are lost by the target.

Duds

Redundant - Have COUNTER ATTACK insurance.  Duration is 24 hrs, cost is 2.5% of your total fleet cost.  Any segments that are destroyed from a counter attack are refunded - captured segments are not.

Dud - Introduce a new style of attack, call it "Lightening Raid" or something - add in some appropriate combat modifiers.  EDIT# After monitoring responses, a good suggestion is no segs, this is simply a cash raid 20% cash from stash and on hand is captured.

Anyhow - some ideas - if you want to add some more - go for it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:22:06 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »

I like numbers 1,4 and5. But 6... its just too overpowering. I lose enough cash on marines as it is, and taking turns means you are effectively giving target no chance to counter you. And it will also mean that if i make enough attacks, i can just go on forever. And think of alt abuse :o

Also about 2/3 capture 1/3 destroyed. Thats kinda all segs gone in 1 attck lol.
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

i really only agree with the 2/3 segs thing

afb, he didn't mean it that way. at the current, u can have around 15% of ur segs taken/destroyed in any one attack. u only get 1/3 of them. changing it to 2/3 would not increase losses, only gains.

that would be great and really shape up the wars server

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »

I like numbers 1,4 and5. But 6... its just too overpowering. I lose enough cash on marines as it is, and taking turns means you are effectively giving target no chance to counter you. And it will also mean that if i make enough attacks, i can just go on forever. And think of alt abuse :o

Also about 2/3 capture 1/3 destroyed. Thats kinda all segs gone in 1 attck lol.

i think he means that where as know its 50/50 it should be 33.3/66.6 destoyed/captured not all gone in 1, it would make doing missions useless as 1 person could kill you in 1 attack, no workers left to recover and basically game over

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 06:09:42 PM »

???
right nows its is 1/3 taken 2/3 destroyed
not 50/50
ive made an attack within the last 24 hours  wow

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »

Your attack was successful and you gained 18 segments, while destroying 34 segments, thats roughly 50/50

if it was a 1/3 destroyed you would get roughly 22 segs which when its an account in the trill fp with 10+ mill segs thats alot more segs maybe up to 200k more

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:13:28 AM »

ummmm 18 + 34 =52 18/52 = roughly 1/3 34/52 = roughly 2/3. the example u gave supports 2/3 destroyed 1/3 captured. i agree that attacking should be more profitable. i like the seg ratio changes, exp gains and insurances r kinda cool cus they add more segs to the game. far as lightning raid goes... i like the direction it went but its a lil too extreme. perhaps lightning raid = 5 fleets v 5 fleets attacker gets half normal segs + a few random items and like 20 - 30% non stashed cash + 0 - 1% workers/stashed cash. biggest thing bout lightning raids would be that they yield no counters or maybe have a reduced chance of giving one.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 06:43:21 AM »

Your attack was successful and you gained 18 segments, while destroying 34 segments, thats roughly 50/50

if it was a 1/3 destroyed you would get roughly 22 segs which when its an account in the trill fp with 10+ mill segs thats alot more segs maybe up to 200k more

Broken the total segments lost for that person is 18 capt + 34 destroyed = 52   so about 1 + 2 = 3

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »

I kinda like idea 1,2 and 7.

PvP boosting commander exp and commander points sounds reasonable and the much needed CPs would come in handy.
I would prefer placing the CP gain through PvP between 50-250.
Encounters should IMO yield the better reward considering their rarity.

no.6 i would agree only if u steal cash, lose no segments and the attacker beat at 80% strength, defender 110% hp.
Lightning Raid stealing only cash from both on hand as well as in stash. max of 20%

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 08:04:39 AM »

Edited - Bump
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »

Dont make any changes that would be bad for the defender like the lighting raid it would just mean players with a huge warp evasion dont have to fear that and the rest does.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:53 AM »

Dont quite understand your response FTP, could you elaborate?
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 05:00:51 AM »

Your point six would be another way to inflict more damage, which is bad because some people got so high warp stabilizers they cant be caught

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 05:13:28 AM »

FTP:  I was looking for an alternative to big segs losses - also, killing off segs isnt that damaging to some players - but attacks on their cash would be ... hmm trying to think of someone who might fit that category .. hmm .. can YOU think of anyone?  /wink

I dont know why warp stabilizers has anything to do with anyhow - its like a regular attack, you will destroy ships and send them into neb - end of story.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:07:16 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 02:57:28 AM »

Some people are practicly unpossible to hit as they got 90% warp chance to someone at 10% of their power. By inventing a new way of attacking, you damage the people who cant warp away so easily.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: