Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 04, 2024, 04:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another go at planets :)  (Read 16517 times)
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 03:38:29 PM »

many people can make lots of carbon a day, but carbon isn't the only thing
ur not the only one with stations :p

what i mean is, you get a new allaince ranked around 30, those players total combined income would mean the would not be able to keep up with the tech rate of a lvl 10 allaince, they just dont make enough, im not saying im not the only person with bases, what im saying is from the tech i have researched i can make a lot more carbon than a base from an allaince ranked lvl 30, this therefore means that stronger players can again make the most of it, i could just make 2 alt and make an allaince, put everything in my self and i have my own planet, i could make 20 alts fill the allaince up and still make the planet myself.

again stronger people/allainces will be the best, i can make more carbon a day from 2 base than you can get from turns including voting

thats why i made this statement, not saying that no one else has bases, many people used bases before me but i can get tech so quickly i can out proform whole allainces, nevermind what an allaince in the top 5 could do, probable a planet a day 

As for bigger alliances screwing over the smaller ones that is why I said only two planets could be owned at any time (I mean why would you give up your really nice planet to kill a smaller one just to have to rebuild your nice one afterwards) and that all members must donate the resourses to build it because if any member can donate any amount then they will all end up being built by the one or two biggest people in each alliance but haveing the research able to be done 75% for the lowers in your alliance keeps you from haveing the smallest guys from stopping research also once the planet bonus is set you have to destroy and rebuild if you want to change it so you need to think before you build
BAH! alright i said i didnt care but i guess i lied. with how big our motherships and asteroid bases are, i think its ridiculous that u cant just say give up 100k segs and call it a planet. look, i think that everyone should be able to have planets. seriously guys, stations are underpowered lets not make planets overly pricey. i agree that alliance and/or random other people should be able to invest and contribute to the planets obviously making them stronger/bigger but still allowing small people to have their own tinny planets (even if they are just glorified asteroids). as far as what planets can do, moons, planetary control, planetary combat etc i think its pretty hard to go wrong. seriously, i dont want 10 planets in the galaxy. i want somewhere in the hundreds
and in the interest of smaller alliances perhaps the build resourses could be set on a sliding scale that would level it out somewhat because if a bigger allaince needed to change the bonus or even build it the first time it would take more to resourses and a smaller alliance could build one sooner, mainly I think that the planets should be something that an alliance can do together and get more involved with each other it's possible that will accually spark a little more pvp especially if when your planet is attacked a message goes to all players saying it's under attack then they can warp over if they are online and make an alliance defense of their planet and that is where the second in command becomes important because only those who have power on the planet can shore up the planets defences and yes more than one player can be assigned to that position when I said at least one more I meant as many as the leader felt was trustworthy enough to have that power as for people making 2 alts and doing a planet on there own I see no problem with that it just means that a person who would rather run solo can make him/herself a planet no different really than a small alliance doing it,
How about letting them donate as much as they want, but the planet owner will give out sectors of planet as a reward according to help received?

P.S. Also, I thought about this, when you research buildings for the planet, only 1 level should be available. Then you can upgrade the buildings themselves with resources to a new level. There already is too much stuff to research  16
we are really talking about the same thing in research I said all research should be with minerals only so it comes out the same as what you said
BAH! alright i said i didnt care but i guess i lied. with how big our motherships and asteroid bases are, i think its ridiculous that u cant just say give up 100k segs and call it a planet. look, i think that everyone should be able to have planets. seriously guys, stations are underpowered lets not make planets overly pricey. i agree that alliance and/or random other people should be able to invest and contribute to the planets obviously making them stronger/bigger but still allowing small people to have their own tinny planets (even if they are just glorified asteroids). as far as what planets can do, moons, planetary control, planetary combat etc i think its pretty hard to go wrong. seriously, i dont want 10 planets in the galaxy. i want somewhere in the hundreds
to address this I think each commander should be able to build a fortress and have it also be researched and built only with resourses no cloaks available attacking to run on the same lines as motherships as in it must be within a percentage of your power or you can't attack it because instead of warping off you will see a message that says station is to small to target or something like that the fortress will be able to give you up to 10% bonus but you can mix and match to yourself so if you want 1 bonus of 10% thats fine or if you want 10 bonuses of 1% thats fine also

bonuses I think should be available on planets

research, mining, build, biofarm income, slave training, line assemble, interest, worker growth, hp

bonuses I think should be available on fortress

acu, abs, warp travel, hp, attack, marines, line assemble, defence, interest, cp, xp
Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

all sounds good
my main thing was wat u agreed to.
so im alright now 1

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

I forgot part of the fortress is that you can assign workers to it and that they can build segs for you but they have no growth in the fortress if you want more you must assign them from your secret base and when I said attack is based on power like motherships I meant it is based on your fortress has the same power as your mothership (but not stacked with) so if you don't want to lose it you have to upgrade it as you raise your commander power. You have to pick up your segs from the fortress the same way you get resourses out of your mines.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »

as for people making 2 alts and doing a planet on there own I see no problem with that it just means that a person who would rather run solo can make him/herself a planet no different really than a small alliance doing it,

but if planets make any type of income wouldnt it be better to have your own or even small allainces because the income is shared between les players therefore you get more

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 02:17:23 AM »

i don't think the planets should make anything at all just hold alliance bonus.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »

they should be able to make minerals.
u assign workers and get minerals depending on how many you assigned. the workers will get no growth, and some may possibly even die. YOUR income is not shared, but every alliance member is welcome to put his own workers

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »

Making minerals might be ok if it's slow and goes right into the research and not to the commanders.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 11:29:57 AM »

Nah, I thinl it should go into commanders as money or resources, like an asteroid base.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

wow... alright to address what planets can and can not do let's use some common sense. if we have to go out and collect all of the resources required to make a planet any and all mining would be counter productive. as long as planets are created the way that this forum branch has said that they should be, mining is not in any way, shape or form a logical possibility. as far as bonuses go, sure, why not? planets are large, relatively safe places where large numbers of scientist can work out problems, massive assembly lines can be built and populations can demand answers to new necessities. so planets = bonuses. i think we can all agree on that. as to production, tying back in to my previous point, any and all resource mining will be counter productive but perhaps the amount required to build the planet was enough for it to support a stable economy in to the foreseeable future in which case i don't see why planets can't allow creds, workers and potentially other types of units to grow. heck, if you read my list of planet suggestions, i think that new units should be added that allow production of practically anything. to address the max number of planets a person can control, the largest naturally habitable planet pales in comparison to the size of the asteroid bases. if we can manage the human logistics on those bases, a mother ship and our fleets i don't see why ruling a handful of planets would pose any problems at all. while the point is valid that no limit will alow larger players to crush the smaller, it is also highly unrealistic to regulate it. in solution to this problem i propose that a kind of logistics tax be implemented. essentially, every planet will at first rely on the mother ship and fleets for their survival (establishing infrastructure, housing, economy etc) so it would drain fleet resources ie cost money to maintain until it became self sufficient. how the logistics tax would work, would be to put a multiplier on this based on how many planets were owned and still in need of resources. this way, planets almost become like commander experience is on wars. u have to wait and do one at a time for fixed periods of time. if a big player wanted to, they could pay massive sums of money and resources to ignore this, just like people can buy experience at exorbitant rates, but no big gains will be made.

well... how's this for the issues i did cover and is there anything that i missed?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 03:50:53 PM »

the counter productive stuff u said is very true.

the taxes sound good, but there should be no way around them. maybe every day until it is self-sufficient u lose workers. this makes sense because setting up entire cities with slaves, some are bound to die. maybe 20% first day, decreasing by 1% every day. bigger planets require more workers. plain and simple.

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »

what about workers on planets cost more, 4 creds because you need to build houses shops etc etc for them to live and and maybe with half the current growth because of natrul desease then you log on from time to time to see 500 mill workers diappear from a freak storm meteo shower etc, also raiding parties can take workers off planets so workers are harder to get keep and buy because bigger people will want more workers but have a higher risk with them as top players need more workers and smaller player need more segs for their mother ship, you can then research storm shelter etc maybe 25 turns, 10 cp and a 10mill creds per 10 bill workers you can get in them so its cheap enough. tech to beem workers of the surface. but these workers you cant b affected in anyway by CP mods and a max limit on the planet if you can have more than 1 planet

as for mining have them like replication plants, put in 10,000 carbon get out 11,000 carbon and so on so you can put it on a loop so when resourses run out you can replicate them for ever so the more you have the more you can make, so planets arent for mining just giving you more of what you have

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

kind of like a version of the mining facility replication process... but on crack?

ya... ya that makes sense because it is much much cheaper to build on planets then it is to build in space not to mention there is a lot more readily available power, labor and supplies.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 06:04:03 PM »

ok, but i think they should also produce credits- farming and stuff. And I think the bonuses to research and credit production and shipbuilding should be like bonuses on the base- adjustable. Like you can get bigger research at expense of farming, etc.

Also, worker penalty- i can already see a noob tactic-  hire 1  worker, and since u can't get 20% of that, bye- bye pealty. instead, make it like this- the bonuses are a % out of 100 right ). So on day 1 you can only set a maximum of 10%. This will increase every day by idk, 5%. So until you get to 100, you need to maintain the economy of planet with turns.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2008, 06:11:53 PM »

my way works i think
what i said was that the bigger the planet, the more workers it takes to develop. so if a planet needs a tril workers, then even putting 500 bil workers on it does nothing, and still some of them will die. u need to ahve at least that set minimum, and u will want to put more, because if those workers fall below the required amount, development will halt.

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

you also need a maxuim because a planet the size of earth wouldnt take 100 trill workers

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: