Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 04, 2024, 06:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think a free warp to your own bases will improve the game?
Yes, put it on the tech tree for bases. - 3 (27.3%)
Yes, just make it a basic base function. - 4 (36.4%)
No, it will be exploited (post how) - 1 (9.1%)
No, people with lots of bases will have too much advantage (post how) - 2 (18.2%)
No, I just dont think any change is needed. - 1 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Free warp to your bases  (Read 9121 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:40:36 AM »

Due to the high costs for engaging in PvP - Im always posting ideas how to make it more attractive and integral to the SOWARS game server.

This idea is so that people can travel to INTEL contracts more easily, and also maintain bases more easily - it will allow extra turns for use in other ways (theres no guarantee that the extra turns will be used for PvP reasons of course).

If you have a specific problem with the idea - please post your issue - maybe its something we need to think about.
Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 05:43:20 AM »

Looking to your vote options I think you already saw that a problem might lie there for people with allot of bases.

Only the higher placed players have bases because by now you need lvl 5 or 6 cloack to keep your bases save.

So this update would only be good for the higher players giving them an edge.

Same if you have a counter attack on me I could keep travelling between my bases and you wouldnt be able to hit me because it costs me no turns and you allot.

And when someone has allot of bases more then 10 for example that means he can go to 10 planets every day without using turns to scout for good encrypts or maybe encounters.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:16:49 AM »

Yes - some issues no doubt, I see you voted for yes though.

Im not sure theres a problem with counter attacking though - sure you can run, but if I spread out my bases and your logged, then I should be able to get to your location at a reasonable turns cost.  After all, you cant be sure exactly where my bases are - you might land right next to one.

The more bases you have the better it is - thats kind of standard fare though.

The benefit is mainly related to base maintenance and PvP, which are issues for established players.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »

I didnt voted yet, still you would never be able to hit me if you wanna try me to counter me in the last hours of neb.

Maybe such a warp would take fully prepared warp engines and therefor after each jump you made you have to wait 10 minutes before performing a new jump. Will prevent players from grinding missions without turn cost as you have to wait 10 minutes after each jump before you can make a new one. When you want to attack someone you can make 1 jump to that person and 10 minutes later go away again. Think that might be more balanced and wont result in such a benefit for the players with allot of bases.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »

Turns cost for movement on missions is fairly low anyhow, mostly you can grind 10 to 20 missions then move a bit - might be a 10 turn jump average .. I dont think its a biggy - Id say the majority of players are using the mission mutliplyer (at least intermittently) - so they are getting charged turns for moving even if they dont.

Also - still dont really get what your driving at with the counter attack issue.  If youve logged off, you can get countered - doesnt matter how far you ran.  Sure - a free jump away is nice - but anyone with at least 4 bases is likely to have one in each corner - the mechanism you use to run away can be used to chase you.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 03:32:01 PM »

I mean if I am online I can just check the rankings and warp everytime you come to were I am, resulting in a chase that wont cost me turns only time.

Would be good to see others reacting here aswell to see other peoples opinion more.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »

free warp to bases encourages more bases and more hiding. sorry amagnon, but here i disagree with u.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »

Jessie eand amagnon could you react on my proposal of that you need to wait 10 minutes afetr a warp to warp again.

And what could the abuse be except for what I tried to solve with this 1

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »

wait an amount of time is good. 10 mins isn't very much tho.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »

Travelling to 15 bases would take 150 minutes then. Then it will get allot.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »

if u have that many bases, then u can use turns to get to them also, u dont need to always wait that long.
idk somewhere 10-30 mins sounds good i think

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 11:56:09 PM »

I said yes but on tech tree, but I don't mean tech 1 you get free base jumps I would like to see it go at say a 5% reduction per level to your base only, as opposed to the commander skill of warp alignment that reduces travel everywhere, that way if you want it you can train it like anything else so it's another piece of stratagy as opposed to a gift.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 07:12:19 AM »

Id probably advocate putting "Warp Gate" on the tech tree after the Warp Bubble tech - so its at the bottom of the Base Offense/Defense tree.

I can see your thinking on the 10 minute wait FTP - but its sort of a clunky solution, maybe something similar.

Basil might be onto something - maybe your initial tech is reduce turns cost by 50% to warp to our base, and an additional -5% per tech level.  10 tech levels and youve got free jumps - if the costs are thought out well, then those who have free jumps will have earned the advantage it brings.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »

No techs are bad will only give the bonus to well established players giving them an unfair advantage.

Dont make it a tech, make it useable for everyone who has a base if it gets implented.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »

how about for every base technology u have, u get -5 to 10%
that way if u only have 1 base, u still get 5 % less turns used to travel to it

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: