Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 12:37:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New accounts on Wars  (Read 17749 times)
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 08:09:10 PM »

hmmm maybe active = 10-30mil power shift (or more) within a week?
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 08:35:56 PM »

I mean, there are ways of doing it, just none that i think would be quick or easy for emi

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »

A little off topic, but I think we definitely need a way of making more newbies read the guide.
Most don't even realise that it's there until you tell them.
=/
Also, I like Snipe's idea with the voice over.
xD

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 02:47:26 AM »

I dont think its so much they have trouble finding the guide i just think most people dont want ot read all that....(i never did)
I think jsut giving more info through the mothership A would be good, pherhaps making it a bit more interesting looking

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 05:39:46 AM »

hey hey.. back on subject... need a way to help noobs on wars... some sort of better start or some kind of protection

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 07:56:46 AM »

Let them start with 5x the current credits donation and 5x the current commandpoints donation. And ofcourse 5000 turns.

Let the Mothership AI mention the guide several times, and when they visit the resupply ship screen let her say they should design ships first and include a link to the guide again.

That would be 5x 2,9 mill and 5x 58 cp

And maybe let them start in a nebula for 1 day so they have time to get used to the game.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »

Personally i think that is a little high but sounds good. Also, some better ship designs and how to build a superhsip rather than a swarmer would be good

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »

Everyone who is weaker then that can restart his account to get the bonus anyhow.

And I mean a 5 dollar donation would give and 8 dollar reward so 1 donation is already better then that.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 02:52:01 PM »

Good point

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

i think its a great idea! (but perhaps they should get a lil bit more?) it would certainly pump a lot of desperately needed new blood in to the game. i am sick of having only 9 guys in the whole galaxy that i can attack and of them 7-8 i have truces with 10 its a bloody WAR server and there are barely enough strong people for 1v1s.

lil bit more - maybe give them a decent supership design to start with that costs roughly the amount of cash they are given to start (sorta like how they are given a swarmer design)

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 07:00:45 PM »

Silence thenn you should be happy with my AoF doesnt truce ;)

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »

only 9 guys in the whole galaxy that i can attack and of them 7-8 i have truces with 10 its a bloody WAR server and there are barely enough strong people for 1v1s.

Silence thenn you should be happy with my AoF doesnt truce ;)

alright... leme rephrase that. of the 9, there or 6-8 at any given point that I either don't want to fight and/or am obligated not to fight. besides... this is off topic. noobs need more stuff so that slightly larger players can take it, then give it to larger players which then finally leads to people my size killing the larger players.

-Silence444-
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:31 AM »

Id be happy giving the designs i made that are on the cota website. Its what they're there for

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 03:05:41 AM »

i could throw a few ships together as well.. zerg covers the ships under a bil cost and i can throw in a few after that.. im not great with small ships, that should be good to get them started and see the basics of designing.. thats if emi see's this idea fit

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »

I don't like this idea about new people getting 'stuff' .. Sure, give them info, and make them a better player .. stick em in a Nebula for 2 weeks or whatever ... But Credits and or Command Points as freebies on a new account is just asking for someone to create a gazillion alts and abuse the system. Sure, they will get caught, but who is gonna catch them, Emi, and how? By checking logs ... Wouldn't he be rather doing something else ... like other game enhancements, rather than policing players.  15

80% of all you need to know comes from reading the forums, the other 20% is trial and error. People who can't read the forums are not going to be any better off for having a few extra Billion to play around with.  wounded1

As for ship designs .. I wouldn't go overboard .. Once you think the game is good, you pay $20 to Emi for all his hard work creating this game and maintaining it, last I heard, bandwidth wasn't free. Then they have access to a Gold Account, and most of all the ship designs, and search functions and with a basic amount of math they can reverse engineer any ship design they want or take the easy path and just clone a Gold Design.  19

Rich != Smart  laugh

Anyways, just my thoughts.  21

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: