Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 10:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxy Map, Quadrant Map, System Map, Space Odyssey 2D  (Read 22615 times)
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »

if you need a test person I would be glad to help test this thing. I am sure some of the top commaders and veteran players would not mind helping you test this on another site to ensure playablity and its possible effects on game play and game balance.
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 01:21:41 PM »

I wouldn't mind either. Just contact me if you want some test help.

nukeman1993
Private

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 07:06:49 PM »

I wouldn't mind helping out.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »

yes, I would not mind helping out to, give me a good chance to get practice at playing something but only to look for problems and such, and critically think aboutt hem instead of blasting at the person who did it so they can just fix it and go on.  sounds fun  laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 06:07:15 PM »

i cant wait... keep missions the same and everything and the ablity to attack people(reamber you warp in attack and warp out... why else would i take turns?) but other than that exploring the universe and making bases dose sound sort of fun something to do like a subgame... has nothing to do with the game now, but you could still explore i cant wait tell its done

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »

and all them dots look almost like there galaxys lol like thats the entire universe or something haha

nukeman1993
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 09:32:03 PM »

yea i really like the minig outpost idea. But like i said earlier in the post you need to be able to check on them. Also that map will be extremely awesome when we get a lot more players. Because like alliances could war over several galaxies and just continue to battle over several. That would be awesome. I CAN'T WAIT Tto see how this works out in the game. Hopefully well!
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 07:51:43 AM »

nukeman, we HAVE a lot of players, at least 2k that are active and not alts of other players.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »

ok, I bring this up in hopes of fixing it at the same time:

in the story (you let this fall and it really does make an impact on people thinking about joining) it says that almost quite literally this whole galaxy is gone, except for stray stars and such.

my proposal:

further the story to say that in such and such way, an alien (remember those encounters?) race comes and after being defeated we learn how to warp to other galaxies, wrapping things up here and moving on to other galaxies to continue the war effort.

thus, in the center if this "map" there should be a "starting" galaxy with little in it that all new players start out at, and can serve as the central point and or training grounds for new people for a while.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

now ars that is one great twist to this that we have learned how to go to other galaxies.  sweet

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 10:38:46 PM »

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!! ARS68 HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!

A stupendious idea ars. (Still sounds a lot like Pardus, but if we're going to risk jumping shark, we should jump all the way)

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 02:28:32 AM »

yes but the attacks should still be the same as before and all the stuff like that.. the galaxy is just a helper to build bases, and do other side stuff when you run out of missions.. that help you out in various ways...

why would you change attacks for all an attack is, that " you hyperspace in strick quickly then leave" thefore no matter were you are in the galaxy it shouldnt effect your ablity to attack people even if there at the oppeset side

i cant wait hope this is fun... (still want 5 turns for missions back!)

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »

ya, as far as I know, Emi said he would not make the map necessary to do any attacks or anything.  but this WOULD be a great way to use items 1

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »

Didn't he say it would be up this past weekend? (I could have sworn he did....hmm...)

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 09:50:17 PM »

hey e, if it isn't already to late for suggestions about this, I have one:

make it like this:

each "colony" has so much space.  this space is about the same as ship space, except that it is on a colony and on a ship.

so the space will be divided 2 ways:

you have space to devote to resources and buildings

you have space to build systems on, like, a powercore system to power buildings and guns.

now, the thing is this though, and yes, this IS going off of what the tinyman was, because I 100% believe it is PERFECT for this.

you can have a colony that costs very little, or you can go off and, say, make 10 space power 10000 buildings, but then the powercore will cost ~so much~ so even a "small" colony can be huge in it's pwoer and everything, provided you have enough credits to throw at it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: