Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 23, 2024, 10:32:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle System on Main server??!!  (Read 24953 times)
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »

Sir Emi I was under the impression that the War server was for the hardcore players that wanted more of a challenge.  and that the regular server was for people that want the ease of use and less challenging parts of the game.  I very much enjoy the war server myself.  But From what I have been hearing here and the complexity of the game with ship building and all it might be better to keep the basic server like it was or at least keep the ability to attack via the rank page part of it with the attacks costing the amount of turn it would take to get to them. if travaling the Galaxy. that way the casually player can still do thier attacks and all, but they will still have to pay the turns.  Thus allowing the same idea of searching the galaxy but not having to on the main server.  This will get people used to the idea.  and thus the alliance wars will not be so hard but will cost turn as well as allowing them to attack the commanders using little actual time.  My self I have transfered most all my time to the war server because I love the hunt and the new challenge. but for the average player that dont have hours to sit and play I believe the change is bad overall to the main server.  let them learn the basics of the game on the main server and give them the option to come to the war server when they have learned.  there is a lot of shock to most folks on the main server.  US old players love it for the most part those of us that remember round 1 and 2.  but others dont like it is seems. and I do believe that Drakken is correct and so is Bad guy about it making the game take too much time for the alliance wars on the main server.
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 08:24:11 PM »

The war server sounds interesting and less time-consuming. Too bad that you can't move your ship designs between servers and also get some benefit from having gold on main server.  For me it's too much time to start over again in another server, especially without the benefit of a gold account.
itskool
Private

:D Hi Bye :D

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »

Yea..Its the same but its Al right

16 Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

4 i thought i liked it but i was wrong. i was attacked today only lost p-ships and the commander 0ed himself trying laugh lol. but he left no attack sig. and i could not even counter. he didnt even neb me but come on. i read in the forums a while back that there were not going to be any changes in this round  wow change happened in a big way. also from what i have been seeing this new system kills new players. you find a new player sitting in a system with no ships and send in a few hundred decoys and bam! you nail him for hundreds of segs. i stopped doing it because i think that will really hurt this game. the new players will suffer, are ability to aid alliances members is hindered, counters seem to be a thing of the past. i ask veteran players who really dont need segs to not nail high number new players so as not to chase off new blood. changes bad! bad! bad! BRING BACK S.O. THE WAY IT WAS!!!!
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

I really think the idea of being able to see everyone in the ranks as before but having you spend the turns to get to them would be the most realistic way to implement changes and to make it more realistic the farther away they are the more inaccurate the coordinates will be so that you may have to make several jumps to get to them with the closer you are the more accurate the coords.  I also agree that the new counter system sucks as this now gives a huge advantage to the attacker as you may never be able to counter.
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2007, 12:26:12 PM »

Maybe a solution to countering would be "You opened a temporary wormhole, you may now counter attack this commander (x) amount of times. Wormhole will return you to your point of origin after you have countered"

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »

thumbsup yeah Foo excellent idea!! wormhole to attacker for sure! you have to be able to counter no matter what! wasting turns or not even getting attack sigs after being attacked is way to one sided. losing the ability to counter takes away a big chunk of your defense!! if attacker isnt sure you may have ships reserved or such and knows there is a counter coming they may think twice before attacking someone. also knowing no counters are coming you can attack everyone you can. instead of in the past you would not make alot of attacks because you had to be ready for counters. are ability to defend ourselves has been hand tied for sure!!!!! 4 ranting2
deezee66
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »

I think like Kryo i will be fading out too since i just dont have the time and hate the new updates and it's a shame i loved this game notworking
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2007, 03:24:09 AM »

i fell in love with this game on my first and second rounds, were mothership missions were based on power and you didnt need the galaxy and non-stop hours of play to get to the top ten...

once emi started to change it i tried to stick along with it for hope that maybe it will get better or at least go back, but it never did, it just kept going down hill.. now this.. i wont even bother logging onto my account on spaceo anymore.. its boring as hell... change it back!

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2007, 05:40:10 AM »

Still think you should need to try to give both servers a huge difference instead of letting them look like eachother.

BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »

I've pretty much stopped playing also as was already getting bored and the changes have just made it worse.
Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »

1)good excuse to quit bad guy lol. could it be you were no good and not the game or the changes. 17 laugh
deezee66
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »

1)good excuse to quit bad guy lol. could it be you were no good and not the game or the changes. 17 laugh

I think your getting bored too Banger.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »

im kinda getting bored of the game with the new updates too.. i'll still stick it out for a while but i dont like this battle system on main so.. i like it on wars but i think they should be different

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 11:37:12 PM »

true SOW is ment to take along time. SO ain't ment for that. we have SOW for the war tactics. why make it so on SO aswell. doesn't make since to me. clearly it's an unpopular decision with the players. i can log onto SOW r SO and without looking at my ships. i wouldn't know what server i was on.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: