Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 05:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Space Odyssey Wars  (Read 9890 times)
~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 05:58:43 AM »

lol im quite new and i think im gonna l0v3 this server

[edit]its here, its here, all rejoice
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:05:13 PM by ~kempy~ » Report to moderator   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see
Mawgwa
Private

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 09:26:46 PM »

Heya
when i try to scout i get enemy is not in solar system or any form of attack how do i target in SOW? is there a guid?
I would normaly attack from ranking board!
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

The New Battle System:
SO WARS is PvP intense, this means that you will receive the greatest rewards if you attack another mothership.

Combat takes place in the Galaxy, warping to a solar system will show you the system scanner in the lower left corner of the screen. Each mothership in the system will have a color next to it, (red , yellow, green). This is their warp evading chance. When you attack an enemy, depending on you mothership size and his mothership size, as well as certain evade setting set by the enemy, the system will calculate a warp evasion chance.

For example, if you meet a mothership that is 50% of your mothership, you will see the warp evasion chance at 46%, glowing yellow. This means that 46 out of 100 attacks he will evade your attack. The attack takes 3 turns, and you will still use the turns even if he evades. Warp evasion means he will no longer be in the system, but randomly warped to an unknown solar system with the emergency warp 1 So I he warped away and you need to attack the same commander again, it requires further searching for him in the Galaxy. But if you succeded in your attack, he will still be there and you could issue a second attack, but because his mothership suffered a defeat while your mothership gained power, his chances of warp evasion would be greater now.

The minimum warp evade chance is 5%, while the maximum is 95%. This ensures that it is possible to attack noobs too. This works well if you want to clear your home system of pesky noobs and alts. Just attack them and most of them will just warp away, but 5 of 100 attacks will go trough, even if their mothership is 1000 times smaller then yours.

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,2517.0.html
Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: