Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 06:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Space Odyssey Wars  (Read 9952 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:01:26 AM »

I've been thinking for some time now to implement a version of Space Odyssey that uses all the good PvP aspects of the normal game but whitout all the PvE and power leveling. The changes required to make combat more realistic could not be implemented on the currect Space Odyssey version, as it is a totally different kind of play.

This will be the second Galaxy of Space Odyssey, you can look at it as a higher difficulty and PvP oriented version of Space Odyssey. This will not affect the normal version in any way or form, and those that will wish to join it will have to create and validate a Space Odyssey Wars account.

A second Galaxy is in the making, a PvP oriented Space Odyssey version. Space Odyssey Wars will feature a realistic combat system, making use of the Galaxy to evade from your target or scramble, attack and hunt your enemy.

- No DOOM DAY, no reset, continuous Galaxy gameplay. Leveling will be harder, encounters numbers will be lower
- Attacking / missions will require less turns, most of the turns will be used in moving in the Galaxy
- Attacking restrictions are replaced by an ingenious warp evade chance based on the attacking and defending mothership. A roll will be made when an attacking mothership tries to attack another mothership in a solar system. Warp stabilizer and warp scrambler tech will be available to increase / decrease this chance.

- Attacking another mothership will leave an attack signature that can be used to track the mothership trough the Galaxy and engage it in a surprise attack. Attack signature / counters will be issued only on successfull attack. Surprise attacks / counters will go trough space station defences, in case the target has stoped in a friendly space station controlled solar system.

- Space Stations bonus to fleets is 100%, and the station will protect the owner of the station and alliance members if they are stationed in the controlled system. Barricaded motherships and alliances come to mind, and logging out into an unfriendly solar system or in open space could get you in trouble when the enemy comes online. Busting space stations and enemy motherships will require strategy and planning, attacking the supporting space station first and then finnishing off the enemy mothership.
(I would love to see an alliance battle, if both alliances meet in one system and go at each other while online  wow)

- Mining facility production increased by 300%
- Featuring realistic system ranking for viewing motherships in the solar system
- Global rankings and online commanders rankings, ability to see all the ranking and all online commanders, but their position needs to be discovered, as you can only scan the solar system your mothership is in order to attack other motherships.
- Reputation loss / gain ratio has been improved the number of rep points you can lose if you attack another mothership has been reduced

- Technology levels will require 200% less resources to research
- Galaxy Structures will require 200% less materials to construct, while mothership modules will be harder to construct
- Commander training for leveling will be in semi real-time. Each commander will receive 100k experience each day, modified by their learning ability and mothership modules. Encounters can still gain extra exp and CP but battles will not gain any experience. Only your fleets will gain exp, and maybe fleet commanders later.
- Turn encounters will require more power to reach their max reward.
- Segments encounters will require more power to reach their max, set now at 15k instead of 50k

- Market only sells items, and item value is reduced by 3x
- Missions will consist of encryption missions and galaxy encounters and bounty hunting
- Biofarm income will be greately increased
- Capturing of segments in attacks is increased by 300%
- Raiding amount of secret base increased by 300%
- Boarding in missions will be harder
- Insurance in missions lowered to 30%
- Workers in secret base cost 2 credits
- No council protection
- Missions are only encryption based and only give segments. Encounters give segments, CP or experience.
- Encounters numbers reduced
- Attacking turns: encryption mission - 1 turn, reavers - 3 turns, system fleets - 5 turns, attack - 3 turns, bounty mission - 10 turns
- Galaxy has 1000 stars, 10 stars per quadrant, SO has 7 stars per quadrant
- Attack signatures / counters are granted / taken only on successfull attacks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:27:01 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:25:36 AM »

Sweeeeeeeet.
Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 08:42:48 AM »

i like i like i like 13, vn e 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »

Ok so now I'm waiting for a new and better server from the hosting company fro the main Space Odyssey that will be able to hold about 200-300 online, then I'm going to use one of the other servers to open Space Odyssey Wars...

Then I guess tons of money on advertising... 2

Russell
Lance Corporal

in game name is Nexis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh HAS TO BE DONE

nexis and master9q9
NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:56:37 PM »

Sounds quite fun and enjoyable  16

deezee66
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »

NightShadow wont be bored anymore. 17
randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »

Awesome. finally some good pvp! thanks emi

wow, you're really fat.
~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »

wow dude sounds really coll
God speed finishing this dude

I shut my eyes in order to see
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 11:21:45 AM »

now this will be fun  wow
oh and if we will have to create accounts does that mean that we will have to recreate our designs ?  2

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 08:38:08 PM »

Well, the fleet designs will be there, at least the good ones, but you can't transfer Gold account from the main server, so you will need a Gold on Space Odyssey Wars to clone fleets, sorry.

~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »

i got a suggestion for the war server i dont wanna post in suggestion forum because i dot wanna mix up war server ideas and norm server ideas

how about if a system/quadrant or w/e has a space station they can set certain rules in that system e.g limits to who can and cant do the encounters and enc missions there,also an idea i would love to see space stations limiting attacks in that system
this is good for alliance that want a home system/quadrant where they can sleep in overnight and stop being attacked

also i dont think there should be a neb option i think after so many attacks an emergency warp should occur and the victim mother ship is transfered to a system which is less dangerous(no turn usage)

god speed Sir E

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »

how about if a system/quadrant or w/e has a space station they can set certain rules in that system e.g limits to who can and cant do the encounters and enc missions there,also an idea i would love to see space stations limiting attacks in that system
this is good for alliance that want a home system/quadrant where they can sleep in overnight and stop being attacked

god speed Sir E

- Space Stations bonus to fleets is 100%, and the station will protect the owner of the station and alliance members if they are stationed in the controlled system.

also i dont think there should be a neb option i think after so many attacks an emergency warp should occur and the victim mother ship is transfered to a system which is less dangerous(no turn usage)

god speed Sir E

- Attacking restrictions are replaced by an ingenious warp evade chance based on the attacking and defending mothership.

It seems those suggestions are already in place on the Space Odyssey Wars battle system   13

~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »

oh k lol but i meant like station rules so the owner can so who can and cant do what inside the system i meam like a station is like the authority in that system like the police so it can set laws like no attacking whatsoever at all or immediatly attack a certain alliance if they stay in your system beyond a certain time limit stuff like that.
it will create more chances for player cooperation and negotiation and safe areas for newbies stuff like that

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 01:14:12 AM »

finally something for the oldies to injoy

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: