Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 05, 2024, 02:11:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Genesis Project Testing  (Read 8090 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »

We are conducting another test of the galaxy buildings in The Genesis Project.

The test is for researching via the research interface and building star bases, mining posts. Mining post production / replication / credit income, making sure bonuses work properly, etc.

Galaxy buldings combat is now beeing developed, buildings infrastructure is complete and operational.

No Reavers and lots of resources to produce the buildings right away are available.

Test server address: http://www2.spaceo.net/testmode/login.php
Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »

What I do here is mine some Gold and Diamond, transform some of it to credits, and some of the Diamond into Carbon all in one production cycle...

* mining_post.jpg (122.6 KB, 1024x785 - viewed 334 times.)

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:29:25 PM »

Heyy!! Nice one Emi!!  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
djjcuk
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »

Well I've had a quick test run.... and all I can say is wow.... its quite impressive.... i'll look at it more in detail later but now its time for bed  17

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »

i got reset...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
djjcuk
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:34:07 AM »

Sir Emi... this Genesis Project is VVEERRYY confusing... sorry Are you thinking of making this a sort of separate game or incorporating all this stuff into SO... if you are incorporating it into SO have you cinsidered the possibility that ppl who join up, noobs, are going to find it very hard and confusing... I've been playing for a bit and I'm struggling to understand it... dont worry  19 I'm not bein nasty or anything... just giving you some feedback... cheers again... drink

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

Well, the basic idea is to build up and mine up and build your empire in the Galaxy, the newbie AI will explain a bit about what is what there once it will be released, and probably a new page in the guide for that.

The idea is pretty simple, you research the structures, build them up, then research modules and upgrade those structures.

The new players will not have access to the structures right off the bat, because they cost a bit to research / build / upgrade, however they will have something to look after once they have established a decent alliance, since those buildings will require heavy defences to keep them operational in the most profitable sectors.

As you know, the whole Galaxy is an add-on and Space Odyssey can be played entirely whitout the Galaxy, so they may choose to not get too involved in that until they get a better feel of the action, as having those structures will add a nice advantage over the other commanders...

djjcuk
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »

Oh right I see what your sayin Emi... guess I'm a bit dumb... lol...  sounds good... 12

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

Is there a way you can take over such a module or structure confused

And I guess you are defending it with the Fighters from Science Interface

Another question I think I already asked 1 time before: how can you buy Fighters and Missiles? And where will they be stored?

Greetz, Thx, ABI :-) w00t2

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 12:23:49 PM »

You hate to research fighter / missile tech, then get them in the space station maintenance area.

The-Joe
Corporal

Aliens got me!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »

I like everything i saw. That changes the game strategy quite a bit, but i'm not sure how much. Are starbases going to influence the overall power?

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 10:55:25 PM »

Sir Emi there might be a problem with the credits.  I removed credits from my mining station and they didnt show up anywhere.  not in the stash or on hand? 

also I have noticed that some of the tech stuff takes more than 3k turns  I am not sure if you can use some now and some later but I do know that you cant put credits toward a research tree if you do they are just lost.  you might consider  making it so a person can pay for the tech in instalments with turns and all that, inorder that some of the higher techs are attainable for the non gold members

On another note what do the station fighters do?  since the stations cant be attacked what good are the staions fighters and stuff.  I have had my system attacked and those station fighters did nothing. but let my system fleets die.  and the person could not attack my stations.  however the station did a bit of hp help to the fleets in teh system.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:40:35 PM by Gunfighter Frank » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 01:33:03 AM »

The credits from the mining facility should arrive in the mothership, the idea is you transfer from the motherships hold back and forth, however credits can olny be taken out from the mining post. They should show in the logs as Mining Facility Unload. Please post if anybody had that problem too.

The research techs can be researched in parts, if you spend only 10 turns and the tech needs 100, you will have only 90 turns left until tech is complete. Also the percent complete updates. Same for CP and credits on tech tree. Every new tech level costs more then the previous, depending on a multiplier depending on tech importance... there is no limit to what tech level you can get...

Those are some of my notes regarding base combat and how it will work (currently work in progress)

- if system has base, base is last one on the list to be added to combat
- combat order is depending of fleet powers for fleets, fighters, missiles, and base is last to enter combat, however it gives the fleet support bonus as distributed by the station commander
- missiles get destroyed proportional to damage done / missile
- fighters get destroyed proportional to damage done to their hitpoints
- missiles / fighters / base are smarter, they attack the fleet with most fleet power regardless of their pairs. They can not be attacked directly, only by the fleet they attack (they have the initiative)
- fighters / missiles / base can not be boarded, the sys fleets can be boarded
- attacking the system patrol triggers the base fighters / missiles / base, it's like attacking the base
- when the station reaches 0 HP, 10% of the stored minerals / credits in the mining post are captured, the rest is spilled into the system

Also, there are a couple more techs I'm working on:
Subspace Cloaking
Hides system fleets and structures, alliance commanders. If fleets are present, anomaly is detected. If no fleets are in system, structures are invisible until the enemy matched the Cloaking Module numbers on station with the Subspace Scanner tech level.

Subspace Scanner
Reveals cloaked system fleets and structures, commanders. Allows scanning of structures for resources / defences. Cloaking detection techniques. Each tech level increases the scanning power of the mothership.

Emergency Warp Bubble
Used by a station as a last resort against attacks, when the station is about to be destroyed, it will enter warp and remain there until the owner relocates the station in another system. The module is destroyed in the emergency warp bubble collapse.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:07:10 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »

I finnished the cloaking technology and got a cloak running in Caph system, Venaticorum quadrant on the test server to hide some galaxy fleets and structures.

There are 3 more techs in the station tech tree, cloaking and scanner are two of them, to be able to see cloaked you have to research scanner tech at the same level. Scanner tech is 3 x more expensive then cloak tech, but cloak module has to be installed on the station, scanner tech is used by the mothership.

Cloaking works on all frinedly alliance fleets stationed on the system, also cloaks commander presence on local sys scanner for the alliance the owner of the station is in. The alliance can see the fleets, outsiders have to detect them... So there is no way of knowing who owns the system until a mothership breaks the cloak...

Also the anomaly is only detected if he has fleets guarding the sys, otherwise the structures are completely invisible untill they can be scanned and tracked down...

Also, you should enable your mothership AI, it has plenty of help on the structures now.

Only thing to do now is fighters / missiles / station combat, I'm pretty sure the new round will start with what we have on the test server and we add in the following week the combat for the stations, it's not like they can really attack the station from the start, it has lots of attack and HP...

So far so good 1

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 08:16:58 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

djjcuk
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »

ooooo no.... you've introduced it to the game!!!!

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: