Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 08:52:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I be allowed to get my fleets back?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2007, 08:34:16 PM)
Yes, return his ships and mine! - 3 (12.5%)
Yes, return his ships. - 9 (37.5%)
This is rediculous. Making a person beg for his ships back. - 1 (4.2%)
No, don't give his ships back - 10 (41.7%)
Is Emi going to make everyone beg for their ships when they get lost from bugs? - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Votes Requested  (Read 21424 times)
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:16 PM »

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening commanders!

Sir Emi has brought to me an offer. As you will notice from the post located at http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1827.0.html Sir Emi gave me the opportunity to gain votes to get my fleets back. If you look at the numbers posted, you can clearly see that killer fleets are still a problem. I even created excel spreadsheets to verity that the data makes absolutely no sense and shouldn't have happened.

The first mission could have taken out the ship I lost, however the 32 billion encounter had no chance to take out my main ship as many of you have seen me personally do encounters well over 40 billion in power. 32 billion power is nothing and is no reason to lose a fleet. Also, why/how does a 32 billion encounter have more power then a 69 billion encounter?

Sir Emi gave me the option of collecting votes to get my fleets back though he requests 20 commanders (which is too extreme, but I will get them)

Please view the post linked above and vote on weither or not I can get my ships back. This is rediculous and pathetic that I am being made to get peoples opinions about weither or not I get my fleets back. Sir Emi knows this is truely a bug. It has nothing to do with accuracy. The numbers do not lie. The way combat is figured is bugged and needs to be revised!
Report to moderator   Logged

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »

With all do respect. When you vote, could you put a reason as to why you chose yes or no? Sir Emi needs to know who votes yes and who votes no. He needs a minimum number of commanders that he is sure he knows

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

i voted no because it really wouldnt be fair for one person to get his ships and another not (discrimination), also then all you need to do to get your ship back is to have a fulll alliance and ask them to vote yes for you and that really wouldnt be fair now, finally several other people have lost ships, example dremselb that completly killed him for a good week. i like the idea of voting for refunds of ships but that would take out the challenge that is left

WARS Account= Overmind
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:05:04 PM »

I voted yes as coming up against fleets in missions/encounters that you normaly do with ease only to lose a ship is rather discouraging. I lost a very expensive ship the other day on an encounter that should have been done without a loss, i was just lucky i had the creds to replace it (something ive learnt from hitting lots of killer fleets, always keep enough creds to replace a loss).

Chicpea.

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »

We have all been hit by killer fleets at one stage or another, i voted yes but not because of any reason other than maybe something will be done about the killer fleets, we read so much about them and i have encountered quite a few myself, I sent a mail to sir e about a week ago after losing a an 800 bill power ship to a 2-300 bill encounter, one fleet was thrown at me that was so high on defence hitpoints and numbers that i could have sent a hundred of mine and still lost but I didnt get a response for this, the encounters do need looking at, god knows not many will risk their fleets on rankings encounters anymore....

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 09:10:37 PM »

well ive hitten my fair share of killer fleets, and over time you realize that with out them there wouldnt be as much of a challenge and the major problem i see with voting on the forum is that all one person has to get his ships back is create multiple forum accounts and keep voting

WARS Account= Overmind
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:13 PM »

Emi, There is #1 rank and #2 rank commanders both voting yes. Merchant has a good point however, I feel that once you encounter a killer fleet. The fleets should be given back due to killer fleets being an extreme bug. If the encounter says 32 billion power, it should be what it says, otherwise no-one can really trust what the encounter says the power is going to be. You saw clearly in my images I included that show the excel spreadsheets stating the results of the missions that the power of the fleets I engaged were WELL over the power for the encounter.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:17:19 PM »

well ive hitten my fair share of killer fleets, and over time you realize that with out them there wouldnt be as much of a challenge and the major problem i see with voting on the forum is that all one person has to get his ships back is create multiple forum accounts and keep voting

This is EXACTLY why I requested all commanders to show proof of the votes by posting with their response to prove that no-one creates multiple accounts to vote. Emi stated that only 3 known commanders have to vote yes, and the rest can be by commanders who are not well known which gives freedom for all commanders to vote and let their voice be heard.

Remfer
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »

well, i voted no because like merchant said...killer fleets, while they were a bit rediculous before in the beginning of the game...are part of the game and just because u encounter 1 killer fleet doesn't mean u shoudl get ur fleets back.  If it happened like twice in a row then maybe u should get ur fleets back, but unless that happens then it's just part of the game
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 09:24:24 PM »

i have to agree with you there wolfwood, if an encounter says its gonna have 32 billion power it should have 32 billion power, i think that instead of voting on the forum where people can be biased, there should be like a council of 5 -10 or like a list of requirement to be able to be refunded and if it fits the requirements or if the council decides wether or not a refund is needed due to over kill or just pure "ship" slaughter.

WARS Account= Overmind
Remfer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 09:27:06 PM »

I change my vote...even if it won't change on the poll...twice in a row or more is too harsh for a killer fleet...they're just supposed to come up once in a while like with a 1:100 or more chance...2:2 is a big difference
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »

A council like the one that fleet commanders voted for? If thats the case then I would be one of the council members. What happens when its a member of the council?

People, please view the post where I include evidence before you vote because voting no without the proper evidence means that I will unfairly not get my fleets back.

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »

since the council would have power to decide on that matter they would have to be, how do i say this , above the matter, meaning they would either have to deal with it or like what you did message emi and have him decide on this matter maybe.... like 2 more less powerful councils that could decide on that matter

WARS Account= Overmind
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

Well, it's more like a 2:10 occurrance that it happened, however, that is still way too extreme. I have been doing encounters for a few weeks now that ive been back and this is the first time it happened and to me today. Either way 2:2, 2:10, 2:1,000,000,000,000 . . . It shouldn't happen at all . . .

This is a serious problem and is screwing over not just myself but everyone who encounters them. Emi really needs to fix this and without this being fixed, it will drive players away. People say it will reduce the difficulty of the game, however I disagree. If commanders know they will not engage killer fleets, they will adapt to new design methods and when combat between commanders comes around, it will be more a game of skill then luck.

Why should we have to rely on luck to keep our fleets alive? Why can we not rely on skill to keep our fleets alive?

Remfer
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »

Adaption, it's the key aspect in this game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: