Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 04, 2024, 11:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Round Updates  (Read 21346 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »

Hello everyone and congratulations on a round well done.

We have a couple of inprovements at the start of this new round:
- commander leveling requires 3000 exp for the next level
- mothership contracts reward depend on commander level, and you make 1.500.000 credits for each level at 1% difficulty, modifiend by diffliculty if you choose to do a harder mission.

I've been working on the new updates and they look amazing, we should have a working tech tree and system buildings in a week, that we will test for another week or so, and then release on the main server. The tech research will require a couple of CP, turns and credits and you will have the option to choose a what you want and research only the tech you actually use, and specialize on them.
The next update add-on will focus on creation of Base/Outpost/StarBase facility, Mining Post, and planet building techniques. Invasion and boarding of those facilities will be available.

Good Luck and God Speed commanders!
Report to moderator   Logged

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:53:13 AM »

wow sounds sweet Sir Emi :-)

so this will be a little bit towards Masters of Orions 2 ? - I did love that game lol

w/r bb
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »

The votes will be working ok in a couple of minutes, some vote credits were removed as they were left from the previus round.
The new bonuses should update now.

chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 12:23:09 PM »

Thanks Sir Emi cant wait to start.

Excellent ive played masters of orion 1 - 2 and 3 cool games Broni

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »

Ok, we had to reset the thig again because the old bonuses for votes were in place and some players got an unfair advantage.
All should be fine now. Enjoy the new round.

Also, I'm now working on making the Halls reflect the tie spot of number 1

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 02:26:35 PM »

i was going to say 1.5 mil more per level is a bit small, but then and again only 3k exp will make it so that people will be able to level up every mission when it gets bigger, but still thats not good enought.. how would you be able to get a 1 quad ship? if you only get + 1.5 mil per level you do, it would take FOREVER!

vampiermaster
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 02:31:36 PM »

laugh Sounds good, Thanks Sir Emi  for your comments on my web site.

Also its good that attacks are now in your mail box, Iam getting old and forget things, like ?? erm, erm what was I saying, oh yes, its nice to see a attack report, that you can go back to, got to go now, nurse as my pills, time to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:43:01 PM by vampiermaster » Report to moderator   Logged

Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 03:52:21 PM »

i personally dont like the new mothership contracts, this will make it very hard to grow since the missiosn went up as oyu did....

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 08:22:31 PM »

pppp    L               AA        N        N    EEEEE   TTTTTTT       SSSSSS       !!!
p   p    L             A    A      NN      N    E               T           S                  !!!
p   p    L           A        A    N  N    N    E               T          S                   !!!
pppp    L           AAAAAA     N   N   N    EEEEE        T           SSSSS           !!!
p         L           A       A     N     N N    E              T                    S
p         L           A       A     N      NN    E              T                     S         !!!
p         LLLLLLL   A       A     N        N   EEEEE        T           SSSSSS          !!!

not that I'm trying to make a point here, as to what update I am most waiting for...

but anyway, ya, the extreme flexibility of mothership missions always being so hard and so rewarding for you, no matter where you are, was one of the best aspects of this game (that and the sheer amount of customisibity in the ships)

so... if you are going to do that, you may as well put in the galaxy missions themselves as the main mission type, then have the mothership missions be the same, except you always pay 15 turns for one, and they give no items

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 12:50:53 AM »

well in all honesty i think the mission update sucks and should be changed

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »

1. Dont like the new mothership update.
2. Have not yet tried but 3000 a level would mean you can lvl up 23x in one encounter.

The problem pas round was that you could amke a fortune on Mcontracts, and gain awfull loads of XP on encounters. Giving ppl the change of paying just 16% of there ships making them grow way to fast. I think encounter XP should be dropped.

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 05:24:26 AM »

i like the new updates, at first the missions did concern me, but with the commander thing i think it wull turn out fine, we will jsut hav 2 test it out

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 09:05:55 AM »

humm people watch out, emi adjusted the difuclity of a mission, and it made 1% missions alot harder, i used to be able to do them last round with 1 ship and 10 p ships.. and now i cant even do a mission without loseing a ship useing only my ship.. emi what did you do?

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »

emi that not on, u lowered how much we get pain at the start, and now u make them 2 hard 2 do wif little ships =S

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 09:24:54 AM »

ya, you said you adjusted the diffuclity, i think it made bigger missions easier at higher levels and stuff, but it also increased the diffculty on smaller missions with small ships, i already have complaints from about 6 people in my allaince about loseing ships to a 1% mission

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: