Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 04:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Snipedragon  (Read 43505 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 09:16:38 AM »

Monkey and Remfer is right, too many ppl have been bashing him. I for one bashed him with short sentences without really having experienced whats been happening myself, and im sorry for that. Though he mightve deserved some of the bashing he got, he didnt deserve all of it. As this is a game where the forum and the game is tightly connected, and also where some of the better and active guys in game also are forum moderators, this isnt like other forums. And Snipe might be experienced with normal forums and games where players and game mods are 2 totaly different things, but here theyr more or less the same. Snipe probably did what he thought was right, but i think he needs some help to adapt to THIS forum and THIS game as its changed a lot since his days here, and though ppl have wars n stuff in game, were still like one big
(un)happy family, at least in the forums.

Neways, im prolly writing some silly stuff, but im on a test in school atm so i shouldnt even be here  15
Point is, some1 with lotsa knowledge of the game could try to bring him into his/her warmth and teach Snipe a lil more how things are running here compared to other places. Snipe is prolly a good guy, he just started out RELLY REALLY WRONG 1
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

very well put soppe

Remfer
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 10:29:21 AM »

clapping
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »

First off . . . I'm sad . . . Monkey said I was under 12 years old *cries*

Second off, Remfer, you are COMPLETELY wrong in thinking I am just trying to bash him.

If you look correctly, it was Lammalord who posted this thread. NOT ME . . .

Thirdly, I am not here to "bash" Snipe. He has dug his own grave in CLEARLY abusing his powers

Fourthly (is there such a word? Oh well, im using it): Monkey, calling someone a baby, is an insult. It may not be extremely offensive or harsh but it insults ones character.

In the Navy, if you called your commanding officer a baby in front of other sailors who work under him, it undermines his authority and causes that commanding officer to lose respect. If that commanding officer loses respect then the people who work for him, won't listen to him. If he has something to put out that will save lives, and no-one listens to him, then people die. All from someone calling someone else a baby.

Now, Yes I know this is a game, but in real life, i live by that and stand by it. It is why I do not tolerate insults of any sort. If you have a problem with me taking offense to insults, then go on your merry little way.

Now as a closer to this from my standpoint. He broke the TOS by calling me a baby. Fine, he didnt read the rules . . . Whatever . . Thats his one time to use the "I dont know" excuse. What about him locking the poll just because of personal opinion and dislike for me? Thats against the TOS that he at that time had finally read. Ok, fine, the TOS isnt clear enough but now he knows that he should watch what he does and make sure not to abuse his powers. Blam, goes on the chat right when he gets his chat mod privileges and starts muting people for stating facts that he cant handle.

I still believe that reguardless of how helpful snipedragon can be behind the scenes, he is unreliable and untrustworthy to work on anything.

If he had never opened his mouth and shoved his foot in it, things woulda been fine and would have ran smoothly, should he of actually done what he has said he can do but as of yet I have yet to see him to anything of value to this game and in fact has done more harm to the game then good.

There's my two cents.

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong (But I am not wrong)

Remfer
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »

Second off, Remfer, you are COMPLETELY wrong in thinking I am just trying to bash him.

I NEVER SAID U WERE TRYING TO BASH HIM! 4  I JUST SAID LAY OFF A BIT CAUSE PEOPLE WERE BASHING HIM ( i don't know why but i think i like that word now: bashing laugh it's funny)...

unfortunatly, i can't pull that part out for you from the reply area...cause it's too far backwards 10
vampiermaster
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 06:15:03 PM »

I may sound thick here, but who is Snipe atention

Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 06:41:50 PM »

snipedragon.

Secondly nicholas, this isn't the navy, or the army. you can take beign called a baby an insult if you wish, but it can't be taken as a serious offense, if one at all really. If we muted anyone who made any form of an insult period you might as well mute everyone in SO, because they're going to insult someone in some minor way eventually.

But you are correct in everything else, snipe did dig his own grave, and you haven't done much bashing (you did a little, but not much), and he hasn't done much for the game yet. Maybe tha will change in the future, who knows.

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 08:32:49 PM »

Monkey, let me just tell you what happened:
1. Duo posts about wanting his ships back after a killer fleet killed them, says he needs 20 votes (I didnt know at the time)
2. I voted 'No, Dont give them back' and then commented on it telling him to stop being such a whining baby.
3. People started jumping down my throat for calling him a baby.
4. I apologize, and he accepts apology (im still waiting for whatever punishment he said he was going to give me :p )
5. I get Chat Moderator, and someone (dont remember who) brought in the discussion about me saying ill donate for people, and said its all wrong.
6. I told them I was just trying to be a nice guy, and they jumped down my throat again, calling ME a baby this time.
7. I started muting those that called me that (If everyone makes a big deal out of me calling someone a baby, why doesnt everyone make a big deal about them calling me a baby?)
8. Then I start muting people who use language.
9. I muted Chicpea by accident (I was angry, you guys wouldnt give me a break)
10. I muted Spammers
11. You guys continue jumping down my throat (some of you stoped, and I thank the ones that did/apologize to you that did stop)
12.  I logged off.

There, that is a summary of all the events leading up to why everyone (well, not everyone) hates me.

-Good day,
 21 << Cant decide between cookie, or pie...
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »

You all say Snipe is bad, but even if his "I haven't read the new rules yet" seems pathetic at least it is reasonable.  Driving people mad by the way is smee's job, and not anyone elses laugh.  And even if he is a mod, Snipes only 17 (or so people are saying) and doesn't deserve to be driven so mad that he can't have fun on an online game...put yourself in his shoes...you might be driven so mad as to quit SO for good hating the whole community...and that is not a good image when friends ask him about how SO is...

After listening to this debate...(and i wish i had admin powers cause then rulings would be easier) i'd say lay off a little...he didn't read the new mod ToS at the time, unlocked the poll (so it's not much of an issue now considering over 20 commanders voted) and while you say he is abusing his power...your harrassing him about it so much that he has gone from slightly friendly with some people to either neutral or enemy, and that does not make a fun community for that player.

And about the whole donation thing...if Snipe wants to give out a christmas present through SO that's his problem and shouldn't concern you Duo...if you think your a good commander then $3-5 donation for each player around him shouldn't bother you that much.  4

I know now everyone here is going to give me a hard time cause i'm sticking up for Snipe, whether he wants me to or not, but i've listend to many debates and this one seems to weighted.  I know that i'm newer than most people here, but Snipe joined a little after the start of last round (so he says) and i started halfway thorugh the last round so i joined close to when he joined, so i think i now what i'm saying when i say your harrassing a new player just because he has more rights than you do as a moderator Duo.

And you can say whatever you want...but i just want to say...that if i were snipe i would leave SO...or if i didn't i would give people a hard time until i was forced to leave, cause no one deserves this kind of harrassment, especially not with SAT's nearing...

And for the quote below, this just shows how you've ruined the fun of jokes and pun's that imply small harrassment to a mod...

so i say shame on you...you say he was abusing his power...but driving someone this far is also abuse...if not as bad as what you claim snipe did, it still is

You have probably shaped the way snipe will run a buisness if he desides to open his own busness on whatever he is intrested in...

(Wow, this is more than any email or post i have ever written...and this P.S. is the only thing i've posted in this post to laugh about...cause i'm serious about everything else)

You clearly state Duo in your post . . . . which is me . . .So if that wasnt directed at me . . who the hell is using my name?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

Monkey, let me just tell you what happened:
1. Duo posts about wanting his ships back after a killer fleet killed them, says he needs 20 votes (I didnt know at the time)
2. I voted 'No, Dont give them back' and then commented on it telling him to stop being such a whining baby.
3. People started jumping down my throat for calling him a baby.
4. I apologize, and he accepts apology (im still waiting for whatever punishment he said he was going to give me :p )
5. I get Chat Moderator, and someone (dont remember who) brought in the discussion about me saying ill donate for people, and said its all wrong.
6. I told them I was just trying to be a nice guy, and they jumped down my throat again, calling ME a baby this time.
7. I started muting those that called me that (If everyone makes a big deal out of me calling someone a baby, why doesnt everyone make a big deal about them calling me a baby?)
8. Then I start muting people who use language.
9. I muted Chicpea by accident (I was angry, you guys wouldnt give me a break)
10. I muted Spammers
11. You guys continue jumping down my throat (some of you stoped, and I thank the ones that did/apologize to you that did stop)
12.  I logged off.

There, that is a summary of all the events leading up to why everyone (well, not everyone) hates me.

-Good day,
 21 << Cant decide between cookie, or pie...

I know what happened, though you left out your locking duo's thread, and once again snipe, I'm on your side, they should not be bashing you, or even acting like this towards you. Yes, you screwed up, yes, you went overboard with you power, yes, you were in the wrong, but you admitted to it and accepted any punishment you recieve for your actions. Therefore there is NO NEED for this arguement to continue, snipe has said "Hey, I messed up, not happening again, I'll accept my punishment should I recieve it" (not in this exact phrasing, I'm para phrasing for clarity) It's up to Sir Emi if Snipe gets any further repremand on the forum. If you want to punish snipe yourself, atttack him in game, don't flame (aka bash) him on the forum.

How many times have we made mistakes in this game? I know i made a few woopers myself, and I'm sure the rest of you have made some too. He messed up, he realizes it, and he's willling to accept his punishment should it come. I say that's all we need. He apologized for his mistakes and worked to correct them, so cut him some slack, and lay off, alright? I'd hate to have to start using my moderator powers in here to get you guys to behave, but I will.

Remfer
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 12:01:42 AM »

duo i said it didn't conern u i never stated "Duo is bashin snipe"

I said "People are bashing snipe" and in that specific quote "Everyone seems to be bashing snipe"

But, unless u find a quote...and just one line...not the whole thing, that clearly states "Duo was bashing snipe" my point rests  4
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 12:55:43 AM »

snipedragon, just go away in this summery noone wants you in this game except yourself and mabey emi...

and i think you know now why i posted here, beacue i could be if i posted this in general you would of "locked" it beacuse you personaly didnt like it..

and the only reason you should ever mute people is if they spam the chat over and over (not counting cheaking out smileys beacuse their new or such)

you should also mute if people are just simply cussing at each other.. but thats about it..

muteing for insults is wrong, this is a war game everyone fights, insults will happen dosnt mean mute them beacuse of it.. it will happen and its not in the rules that you cant insult them...

also comming into this game completly unknown as a chat moderator and instantly jumping around posting like your some god isnt right eaither, you made me not like you right there... so really eaither grow up and respect the players of this game, (beacuse they have more power in it that you do at the moment) dont nose into others peoples stuff and dont act like some god of the fourms..

that or leave like you said before...beacuse at this point you have made enemys with so many people in this game your never get respected...

Smee
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 04:30:11 AM »

u know lamma

we all said the same to u lol but ur still around lol

Smee  12
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:31 AM »

I have to agree with monkey here, guys enough is enough let it go, whats done is done theres no need for anymore on this subject, lets just hope lessons can be learned from it....

Mr luffy sir i resectfully request that this thread be locked and put away to sleep

Remfer
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »

10 too bad i can't do that...it would be locked by now...laugh

MONKEY FOR ADMIN! (read that section please)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: