Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 05:59:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Snipedragon  (Read 43410 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:11:16 PM »

i dont know who this guy is, or why emi likes him so much, but he has to go.. i have major problems with him, and i havent even talked with him!

this guy comes  in here, somehow gets mod powers to just about every single topic.. and then starts prancing around acting like the god of spaceo and that he know so much.. hes insulted my friends (wolfwood) and locked his poll, and when people complained about it he didnt even get a warning or expelled from mod powers like it states in the rules to becoming a moderator.. no he got supported by emi..

and now this kid is lieing to players in chat saying hell donate money to anyone who talks! i have quite a few people that i know who has talked about this.. whats going on emi, why are you letting this kid boss you around? take over your game? what! is he paying you or something..

i dont like someone like him who comes in when noone knows him, sets up his throne and acts like the god of spaceo, and sence emi isnt acting on this i will, and i want the sopport of Space Odyssey to get rid of this pest..
Report to moderator   Logged

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »

U got my support on it. Ive never heard of him b4 though he states hes and old SO player. Doesnt help much cosidering all the new updates neways. 99% of the active ppl here wouldve done a better job then he would, cause they would actually have done something good. Im still to see Snipedragon do anything hes supposed to do...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:41 PM »

Right i do have a problem with Snipedragon,

One he shouldnt be advertising in chat that he will donate to anyone who types to him as that gives new young players (who cant donate) false hope.

Two locking other players posts just because they dont agree with him on certain matters shouldnt be allowed even if he is a MOD

And

Three As being a MOD he shouldnt be allowed to get away with being rude to others and the excuse being he's new and hasnt read the rules yet (why make him MOD if he's agreed to something u know he hasnt read)

Those reason alone should tell you somethings wrong the Mod status was set in my veiw to avoid abuse of SO yet he has clearly broke more than one rule already.

Just my point of veiw..

Chicpea

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:48:05 PM »

I wont say anything bad about snipe or any other player in Space Odyssey, but cant keep quiet on this, Sir emi there has been so much bickering and argueing over donations in YOUR forum, it isnt right that someone you trust so much with the game, who you are even giving access to messing with the games code, although this indeed hopefully will better our gameplay ( which i cant see it getting much better but we shall see ) and given mod status in just about every part of the forum ...

My problem is not with the powers you have bestowed upon this brand new player to the game, whether he be a friend or a trusted family member or just someone you were told was good, I personally would never allow my business to be run by someone who obviously is not qualified to do the job, my business would go under in an instant if i did that... by qualified i mean a national recognized qualification...

Far be it for me to put down snipe who seems a nice guy to talk to unless you rub him up the wrong way, ( refer to wolfwood's posts which i believe you asked him to put there ) I understand that obviously there was something there snipe didnt like but still your taking away our forum and right to an opinion....

The ToS was broken and nothing done about this, Monkey d luffy and lammalord were both removed as mods when there was no set down rules, snipe however seems immune to the same rules which are set down, and not reading them is no excuse or reason for him to act in the manner he did...

The donations please theres been enough rubbish posted in the forum about donations are bad, or they help the game or people are going to leave if the donations continue, to me I really dont care about whether donations stay or go but having one of your moderators offering money or creds to people in chat god knows how many nights running is getting abit much, i'm sure theres some ToS rule for giving creds so others can attack...

There are some impressionable youngsters on this site, mostly below 20 and the offer of money is very tempting for them, I had one member in my msn today whose mom was asking me not to let some person give money to my son, sorry but that did it for me, snipe if you can afford so much spend it yourself, leave the kids alone to play the game, or at least ask parents first if its ok to give them money...

Its all I have to say about this its not right how you behave with players and show off with money  when your supposed to be an ambassodor for this game, I hope you can refrain from using your wallet as a means to gain friends in game

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 10:59:25 PM by TheDarkness » Report to moderator   Logged
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »

The Friar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 09:53:03 PM »

I have nothing against snipe but when he comes in out of nowhere and acts superior it is obviously going to ruffle feathers. From the biggining his post were arrogant and condecending. And he has now made the leap into insulting. Not reading the mod rules is no excuse.

I think it should go back to monkey and lamma as mods. There weren't any problems in the forum when they were mods. Also i think that nich would make a good mod. They are in this forum so much that they know what should and shouldn't be there. It is great that there are so many people interested in being mods but there are just too many.

These are just my opinions don't anybody take this personally.
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »

Fine, dont like me? I apologized to Duo over my post, and he accepted the apology.  Ive NEVER said that I am an Old SO player, however I did start a little after the beginning of the last round.  #2 I didnt lock his post, Moderator logs show that, I locked his poll, and then shortly after, I unlocked it.  #3 I dont have access to the code, nor do I want it, I code completely from scratch, all Emi gives me is the appropriate database tables, and anything else I may need to complete my task.  The ONLY thing I have done is lock Duo's poll, then unlocked it.  I had NOT read the Moderator TOS at that time, however now I have, and will not break the rules again.  This brings up a problem though, you guys never talk to me, you just go and report me, if you were to talk to me, I would fix the problem, but NOOO, you have to report me.  If you want me to leave, tell me, dont go and make me Emi's problem.  I leave on my own if thats what you want.........

Also, ive never offered to give any one money, I simply said that for christmas, I may go down the list of people ranked close to me, and donate 3-5 dollars for each of them, just for christmas.  I also told blakranger that I would buy him a membership, but I am not going to do that now (friend already bought it for him).  So stop accussing me of things I didnt do.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:07:19 PM by SnipeDragon » Report to moderator   Logged
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

I have nothing against you and i doubt many others have, just the way you conduct yourself, which most of the time is very good, I have never had a problem and doubt we ever will...

However I like a lot of other people were in chat when you stated whoever says something or other apws and some numbers first will get a donation, then you put in chat that you were going to donate in chat to anyone who talks to you its not a case of untruths just what you wrote and it had a lot of people jumping...

Other than that noone and i mean noone in space odyssey can dispute how good or bad you are with code or emis database tables, basically until everyone sees your work noone can comment...

Please dont take it as a bashing just if you can try not to promise things you may or may not deliver, like i said a lot in here are kids and someone throwing money around gives off a bad impression

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »

Sir Emi, you have made the most unintelligent, childish person a moderator and gave him INCREDIBLY TOO MUCH POWER.

Seriously, Emi you SERIOUSLY need to do something about Snipe Dragon. I made this comment:

All your doing is admitting stupidity and ignorance

I made this comment after I informed SnipeDragon that the excuse of "I didn't know" and "I hadn't read the rules" was a pathetic, yes p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c excuse.

As SnipeDragon's response, he muted me saying I insulted him, however a number of other commanders were witness to everything and I have no doubt that they will confirm that I still have yet to insult SnipeDragon

Here is a copy of what I can still see in the chat. I will update this post as more chat comes in considering Snipe is still acting the way he has been acting lately.

SnipeDragon(#33151): warned malice for insult
TheDarkness(#7345): snipe you cannot do this, you cant mute people then walk away
SnipeDragon(#33151): unmuted chicpea
MALICE(#2953): just a question, why is snipedragon moderator of nearly everything in the forum?
Chicpea(#7135): so i gotta wait till u get back to be un muted
TheDarkness(#7345): anyone who has been muted by snipedragon, i will not unmute, but sir emi will have this entire chat log and make his own mind on the matter
deathStar1337(#7368): i kno0w i been here awhile just wanted to be silent through the madness that was insueing say 17 for me
SnipeDragon(#33151): ll bebreak ofare one
MALICE(#2953): oh and snipe i dont care go on and mute me but your muting people coz of hat they have said to you what would happen if everyone in this game could do that
deathStar1337(#7368): how goes it
Chicpea(#7135): pfft
TheDarkness(#7345): chic says 17 death but snipe has muted her
MALICE(#2953): hey ds
SnipeDragon(#33151): unmuted chicpea
MALICE(#2953): just a question, why is snipedragon moderator of nearly everything in the forum?
Chicpea(#7135): so i gotta wait till u get back to be un muted
TheDarkness(#7345): anyone who has been muted by snipedragon, i will not unmute, but sir emi will have this entire chat log and make his own mind on the matter
deathStar1337(#7368): i kno0w i been here awhile just wanted to be silent through the madness that was insueing say 17 for me
MALICE(#2953): oh and snipe i dont care go on and mute me but your muting people coz of hat they have said to you what would happen if everyone in this game could do that
Chicpea(#7135): pfft
TheDarkness(#7345): hiya death
deathStar1337(#7368): o btw hey all
MALICE(#2953): you snipe are childish and will not gain respect at all
TheDarkness(#7345): this whole convo from start to finish will be posted, you casnnot abuse the chat mod like this
TheDarkness(#7345): this whole convo from start to finish will be posted, you casnnot abuse the chat mod like this
NeoJohn117(#42635): dont turn to the dark side
MALICE(#2953): me?
deathStar1337(#7368):
deathStar1337(#7368):
SnipeDragon(#33151): you do it again, you are muted
deathStar1337(#7368): its a line from spiderman 2 mallic
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): darkness, keep this convo recorded please and add it to the post
TheDarkness(#7345): this is an abuse of the tos
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): afk a bit
NeoJohn117(#42635): notice the " "
MALICE(#2953): who is peter?
NeoJohn117(#42635): "with great power comes great responsibilty,peter"
TheDarkness(#7345): you are abusing your powers snipe
TheDarkness(#7345): is still have every post i will add it in the forum
deezee66(#5088): i have never had a problem with anyone on this forum until you snipe
TheDarkness(#7345): my god your a mod not some warlord or dictator
MALICE(#2953): right now i dont think you have very much respect seeing as you are using your powers for childish reasons.
TheDarkness(#7345): an enemy
SnipeDragon(#33151): muted chicpea, for insult
SnipeDragon(#33151): you break the rules, you are an enemy, if you do not, you are neutral, its how it works
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): the more you talk snipe, the more fuel you throw on the fire. you dug your own grave and i will not tolerate such insubordination
SnipeDragon(#33151): i dont expect to have respect
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1865.0.html
NeoJohn117(#42635): 2 there should be;no more,no less.one to embody power,the other to crave it.
SnipeDragon(#33151): you break rules, and a neutral if you do not
deezee66(#5088): you need to enforce them against yourself
Chicpea(#7135): ur making one thing u did into a bigger problem for urself
TheDarkness(#7345): how can anyone show you respect when your acting this way
Chicpea(#7135): ur being ridiculous snipe no one is gonna show u any respect
SnipeDragon(#33151): insulting is not allowed, you will get punished for insulting them
TheDarkness(#7345): then can you send me the chat rules as emi forgot to send them to me
SnipeDragon(#33151): i told you, i no longer joke around, i enfore the rules very strictly, you break them, your warned, break another, your muted
deezee66(#5088): its a fact and im filing a complaint with emi
Chicpea(#7135): snipe for gods sake step down off that podium u put urself on n get into the real world
TheDarkness(#7345): snipe you are being to extreme please stop
blakranger51(#4633): lets all get warned and blocked! whee! (not)
SnipeDragon(#33151): unmuted nicholas
SnipeDragon(#33151): insulting is not allowed
SnipeDragon(#33151): warned for insult deezee
Chicpea(#7135): snipe i think its about time u took responsibilty for ur actions instead of abusing a job thats given to u
TheDarkness(#7345): snipe this is getting a bit much
deezee66(#5088): snipe quit being a baby
SnipeDragon(#33151): no, chicpea, i take that as a statement, however as it could be taken as an insult, you are warned
blakranger51(#4633): lets all get warned and blocked! whee! (not)
SnipeDragon(#33151): unmuted nicholas
Chicpea(#7135): snipe i think its about time u took responsibilty for ur actions instead of abusing a job thats given to u
SnipeDragon(#33151): no, chicpea, i take that as a statement, however as it could be taken as an insult, you are warned
MALICE(#2953): i can fight my own battles i dont need a chat mod to do it for me
MALICE(#2953): i can fight my own battles i dont need a chat mod to do it for me
SnipeDragon(#33151): good for you malice, its nice that you get over it, however, if you or anyone else gets insulted on this chat, i will mute the insultor for you
SnipeDragon(#33151): good for you malice, its nice that you get over it, however, if you or anyone else gets insulted on this chat, i will mute the insultor for you
TheDarkness(#7345): snipe unblock him and call it even please
Chicpea(#7135): i personaly think ur childish (if u wanna mute me for that go ahead)
Chicpea(#7135): i personaly think ur childish (if u wanna mute me for that go ahead)
blakranger51(#4633): oh god, three minutes! how could you! honestly, lets just move on.
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): snipe, you seriously just dug your grave with a nuke
Chicpea(#7135): ur not getting ur own way so ur using ur authority as chat mod to get it
SnipeDragon(#33151): he was warned for language use, and now he is muted for 3 more minutes now
MALICE(#2953): loads of people insult me so im used to it and i get over it
TheDarkness(#7345): i cant do that if another mod blocks you
Chicpea(#7135): then emi needs to write some rules as i see that as a statement
NightShadow(#45215):
SnipeDragon(#33151): no im not, im enforcing rules, he is also a moderator, insulting is not allowed, i take it as an insult, therefore he is muted
blakranger51(#4633): annihilation!
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): snipe, mute me all you want, i can easily get darkness and chicpea to unmute me. good game!
SnipeDragon(#33151): yes he has, i consider it an insult
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): it was never an insult
Chicpea(#7135): now ur taking ur chat mod to the extreem
TheDarkness(#7345): snipe he hasnt insulted you has he
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): hah, learn to read. i said its simply admitting stupidity and ignorance
SnipeDragon(#33151): nicholas d. wolfwood(#3202) (muted) reason: insulting is not allowed
SnipeDragon(#33151): nicholas, i consider that an insult, calling me stupid and ignorant?
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): you seriously are not helping
Nicholas D. Wolfwood(#3202): bah, malice, shhhh
TheDarkness(#7345): i dont know if its me but its like your losing the point here
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:25:43 PM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 06:49:52 PM »

You pushed me to this point, ALL of you.  This is how it will be from now on with me:
I will no longer joke around, nor will I laugh at your jokes.
If you break the rules, you are to recieve 1 (ONE) warning, and then a mute
I will NOT tolerate insults directed at either myself, or at another commander
I do not expect to have your respect, you are one of two things:
If you break the rules, you are an enemy.
If you do not break the rules, you are a neutral.

You go ahead and post the ENTIRE conversation into this forum, had it not been for you guys making such a big deal out of me OFFERING to donate to the players around me in the rankings come christmas, out of pure kindness, than I would not have gone this far.

But as of now, I am no longer your friend, I am a moderator who will enforce the rules with an iron fist, NO SLACK WILL BE CUT!!

-SnipeDragon
Forum Moderator/Chat Moderator
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

That doesn't strike you oddly that a teenage guy is giving money gifts to other peoples children? Do you have any idea how much that looks like an internet pedophile in the eyes of parents?

Smee
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

im jumping on this band waggin too lol

snipe urt a horible player/person get off ur high horse and relax and play jeesh
ur ruining the game more then i think duo ever would have. yes duo is a cry baby get over it and if u were a former player with a higher # then u would now this already and it wouldnt have gottin to u.

other then that i request snipe be removed of mod powers and if u want u can remove me to i dont see any reason to be a mod with a person like him its not fun.

Smee 12

i will still play but like the phrase goes it only takes 1 to ruin somthing and duo is enough for that we dont need snipe add more to that

Smee 12
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »

I'm only here to ruin your day smee. but thats just commanderly love. Gotta give you jabs here and there and your one of the few whos willing to throw em back.

I know your direction on this which is why I am not taking offense to what you say. You know enough about me to make a comment like that using your own reasons and conclusions that you have come to.

Rock on, Doggie!

Smee
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 07:49:51 PM »

lol duo

u should now all insults or comments i make about u are ment with love ^^

Smee 12
Remfer
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 09:47:42 PM »

You all say Snipe is bad, but even if his "I haven't read the new rules yet" seems pathetic at least it is reasonable.  Driving people mad by the way is smee's job, and not anyone elses laugh.  And even if he is a mod, Snipes only 17 (or so people are saying) and doesn't deserve to be driven so mad that he can't have fun on an online game...put yourself in his shoes...you might be driven so mad as to quit SO for good hating the whole community...and that is not a good image when friends ask him about how SO is...

After listening to this debate...(and i wish i had admin powers cause then rulings would be easier) i'd say lay off a little...he didn't read the new mod ToS at the time, unlocked the poll (so it's not much of an issue now considering over 20 commanders voted) and while you say he is abusing his power...your harrassing him about it so much that he has gone from slightly friendly with some people to either neutral or enemy, and that does not make a fun community for that player.

And about the whole donation thing...if Snipe wants to give out a christmas present through SO that's his problem and shouldn't concern you Duo...if you think your a good commander then $3-5 donation for each player around him shouldn't bother you that much.  4

I know now everyone here is going to give me a hard time cause i'm sticking up for Snipe, whether he wants me to or not, but i've listend to many debates and this one seems to weighted.  I know that i'm newer than most people here, but Snipe joined a little after the start of last round (so he says) and i started halfway thorugh the last round so i joined close to when he joined, so i think i now what i'm saying when i say your harrassing a new player just because he has more rights than you do as a moderator Duo.

And you can say whatever you want...but i just want to say...that if i were snipe i would leave SO...or if i didn't i would give people a hard time until i was forced to leave, cause no one deserves this kind of harrassment, especially not with SAT's nearing...

And for the quote below, this just shows how you've ruined the fun of jokes and pun's that imply small harrassment to a mod...

so i say shame on you...you say he was abusing his power...but driving someone this far is also abuse...if not as bad as what you claim snipe did, it still is

You have probably shaped the way snipe will run a buisness if he desides to open his own busness on whatever he is intrested in...

(Wow, this is more than any email or post i have ever written...and this P.S. is the only thing i've posted in this post to laugh about...cause i'm serious about everything else)

You pushed me to this point, ALL of you.  This is how it will be from now on with me:
I will no longer joke around, nor will I laugh at your jokes.
If you break the rules, you are to recieve 1 (ONE) warning, and then a mute
I will NOT tolerate insults directed at either myself, or at another commander
I do not expect to have your respect, you are one of two things:
If you break the rules, you are an enemy.
If you do not break the rules, you are a neutral.

You go ahead and post the ENTIRE conversation into this forum, had it not been for you guys making such a big deal out of me OFFERING to donate to the players around me in the rankings come christmas, out of pure kindness, than I would not have gone this far.

But as of now, I am no longer your friend, I am a moderator who will enforce the rules with an iron fist, NO SLACK WILL BE CUT!!

-SnipeDragon
Forum Moderator/Chat Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: