Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 08:46:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Round Updates  (Read 20328 times)
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 02:01:55 AM »

wow itll take for ever to lvl now
Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 04:21:05 AM »

yes it will and it is very bad, at this rate it will take every 1 jsut aslong 2 get 2 lvl 100 as it took them 2 get 2 lvl 300 or higher its jsut gunna make the round b jsut aslong as hte last one, but it will b much much slower because people will not b able to make much money at all from mother ship contracts, galaxy missions will b find for the start, but they willnot give you the big rewards the motehrship missions gave last round when they were based on your power not your commander lvl, now if the it was much faster 2 lvl your commander it would prob b fine, peeps could make a much bigger profit adn therefore get muchhigher in the game

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »

okay he is the equation:

a_n = (1/2)n(n+1)*3000

so if you plug in 100 for "n" for the level you come out with 15.150.000 exp for level 100..
thats about 15 times more exp needed than before, were i think level 100 was about 1.000.000 exp
it would take forever, 202 max exp encounters (75k exp each) or 4330 max exp missions (3.5k each) thats alot and it would take forever

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »

Eh, I just thought it was different, though I see that lvl 2 needs 9k experience to get to, yikes.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

EMI, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

not only is it easy to donate to a quick top spot, but I am starting to see it is almost required to.  I just lost a ship worth 165 mil on mission worth only 6 mil, an 8% mission.

with this change to slow down lvling up, individual cp will be even more valuable, because it doesn't require lvling up.  meaning donators can get an even bigger boost.

those making losses like this, if they have money, can simply donate a couple bucks and get right back where they were.  while people like me have to grudge around another day doing it the hard way.

I know you are saying the updates coming soon will make it worth it, but some of us don't want old features getting worse just to make room for new ones.

another thing, at this point:

minimum fleet power expected on the galaxy is maybe 5 mil
minimum fleet power you can expect in mothership missions is maybe 1.5 mil

this is BARELY reachable in quick time at the begginning.  HOWEVER, if you were to say, level up to lvl 10, then get blown away, 0rd and raided, you would have to do a:

galaxy mission at least of 5 mil
mothership mission worth at least 15 mil

hopefully you have thought of this ahead of time, but if not, I'm making sure you do now.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 02:27:38 PM »

wow looks like its really going hard on this round ... - I was at cdr lvl 1055 (I stoped training the cdr after lvl 1020 or so ... rest was "accidental lol) at the end last round - I guess if the systems works like discribed above noone will be able to get there anymore. - Sir E pls concider to change that a bit.

I also realized that "killer fleets" now also happen at very low power lvls ... - :-(  e.g. my entire fleet was worth like 8;4;1,5;1,5;1,5 mill (so total like 16,5 mill)credits and I faced a armarda of 5 fleets with number 1 opposing fleet like 36 mills worth ... - thats kinda hard to manage lol

anyhow I hope like mosts on the updates :-)

w/r bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 02:41:20 PM »

ya, but the problem is there is only about one way it can get better, but that means being able to freely work the galaxy... which only those who seem to have been able to donate, are doing right now.

myself, I probably would have been fine, but the system 'allowed' me to attack a reaver thing with a fleet power of 144 mil, with everything I had, and took out my best ship, leaving me almost literally dead in the water.

Sir E, you REALLY need to just take out superfleets... they just aren't needed anymore.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

I didnt donate a single credit this round. Doing 3 bounty's at start of the game and laods of BH's after it made me strong atm I can get 1/10 of my 1st ship cost as missions reward abling me to upgrade very fast. Onyl the killerfleets slow em downa  bit.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 08:06:55 AM »

Ars, quit complaining about the donators, it's pointless. They keep the game afloat, they have every right to donate. While some do it a bit too much in my opinion, that's their right and we have to respect it. The round isn't even a week old yet, you need to give it some time.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 10:15:10 AM »

yes... the unnesecary evil of almost all online games...  but I'll probably get banned or worse before I feel totally confident that a game with unlimited donating for turns option available, is anywhere near a level playing field.  for that matter, black holes bring up a little red flag with me to...  It's a strategy game... a TURN BASED strategy game.  meaning you use the turns you have wisely, not look for someway to get 1000x the turns you normally get.  it's just, that it's not like it COULD happen, but that I have ALREADY seen it happen before, where it leads straight to this huge gap between donators and non-donators.  and you know how the saying goes, 'if you don't learn from the past, you are doomed to repeat it' or something like that.

besides...

Ars, quit complaining about the donators, it's pointless. They keep the game afloat, they have every right to donate. While some do it a bit too much in my opinion, that's their right and we have to respect it. The round isn't even a week old yet, you need to give it some time.

in my personal opinion (no offense to Sir E) if a game is good enough to attract and keep so many people, the people themselves will help the site stay up and running, bonus in game or no. (as I have also seen happen)  if someone has to 'reward' them (but by far even worse, 'force' them) to donate, what do you think that makes me personally feel about the maker of the game???

hmm...  but I'll stop for now.  I suppose you are right that the round has just begun, the real updates aren't even in yet.  and I am willing to wait and see if I was right or not.

but on a subject other then donators, I still feel it is going to be all to easy to get to some high commander level, then lose everything, and you will end up getting to a point where it will actually be easier to restart, rather then try and keep on going.  and that is something that you have NEVER felt before in Space Odyssey.  I have... and let me tell you, it is NOT pretty.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 10:23:42 AM »

no one is forcing them to donate ars, and the reward is for them donating, not so they will donate. It's Sir Emi's way of saying thank you for donating. And no ars, just having people play would not keep the game afloat. Most people won't just donate because they like a game, they want to get something out of it. If Sir Emi didn't have donations he'd go broke trying to keep this site running.

And ars, using yor turns to find black holes is strategy, it's planning how to get more so you have more to spend.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 11:21:25 AM »

THe updates from last round with the galaxy missions and the encouters was very good for the game overall.  it appears to me Sir Emi has increased the number of encounters in the galaxy as we requested.  THis is a good think and the amount of turns for donations has droped to a very good level.  it is a bit of a reward for the $  but still only a few missions. not really enough to make a huge difference but enough to get that pesky black hole, or that annoying attacker. so far I like the new updates and I beleive they are good.  later with more power I may change my mind but so far so good

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
vampiermaster
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »

I gave a donation because I wanted to give something back to the game, begining to think I was wrong, Sir Emi should get something back for all the work he/she has done.

Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »

Yes, He does deserve to get something back for making this game, it's just a shame a couple people take it too far and make other players feel it's unfair.

Nice quote, very funny...and true...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

I have just finnished the technology tree for the system build.
I'm now working on the system buildings that the tech tree will uncover.
I'll be working on the update on the road, I will try to answer all your messages, there could be a delay in aswering because I'm on the road, but all messages shoudl be answered in the coming weekend.

The update will be available for testing by the end of the week.

Sorry about the delay, anyway it looks awesome.

God Speed commanders!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: