Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 06:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fleet combat  (Read 14167 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 05:46:11 AM »

when fender was killing all the stations he was new himself, being told what to do by tim and loki... and you may not know ren, but destroying stations early on can be a very good way for making money if there owners havent emptied them
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:14 AM »

Yah, understood on Fender.  I had eventually come to that realization and that's why I did finally start mentioning what he did "earlier" last round.  But he also exposed a very major flaw.  I fear that if someone else came along doing the same thing, the new planet rules do nothing but protect the evenly matched while never letting the new get started.  It may even make the disparity worse.  If you're remotely worried about someone, say #32 in a rival alliance, you'll take the 160 turn hit while his planet is just getting its legs under it.  At that point, a half trillion planet took that guy two weeks to get to but you can blow away with the interest you made in the last day.

I know Emi mentioned that those changes were temporary while he works on more things, but the high level I saw of those changes make me I think that they will have a similar effect--requiring research and resources to protect your planet--things that new players don't have many of so their planets, just like the stations always have been, are toast at a big player's whim.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »

all the planets update does is protect bigger players planets.. does nothing for the smaller ones i can take in one attack..

last round i had an ocean planet that had 1500% combat.. 80% shields and 500% capacity and credits... it would take days worth of turns to take with the new update..

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:46 AM »

all the planets update does is protect bigger players planets.. does nothing for the smaller ones i can take in one attack..

last round i had an ocean planet that had 1500% combat.. 80% shields and 500% capacity and credits... it would take days worth of turns to take with the new update..
So while the ideas he mentioned are cool ideas, the game got the worst of both worlds--less PvP at the top and more chance of frustration and quitting at the middle and bottom.   2

I still say drop the turn cost then add multipliers for attacking outside of your range.  That way you and MJ can attack each other at 40 per all day but taking out that number 35 will cost 400 turns per.  Oh well.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »

i actually like that idea ren.. but only for planets..

if it applies to stations then how are we supposed 2 kill those annoying system fleets.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 10:54:20 AM »

I still say drop the turn cost then add multipliers for attacking outside of your range.  That way you and MJ can attack each other at 40 per all day but taking out that number 35 will cost 400 turns per.  Oh well.

Make that an official suggestion as a poll so Emi can see what people think of it.
Apparently you got at least 3 yes votes 1

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

Make that an official suggestion as a poll so Emi can see what people think of it.
Apparently you got at least 3 yes votes 1

Dang, I'm wordy.  That's the fourth time I've posted that suggestion and the first time I've done so in few enough words that people read it!   16
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:25:05 PM by Renshaak » Report to moderator   Logged
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 03:23:35 PM »

i actually like that idea ren.. but only for planets..

if it applies to stations then how are we supposed 2 kill those annoying system fleets.

Hmmmmmm.  I think the principle should apply to stations, too, but you raise an EXCELLENT point.  What would you say to system fleet attacks being at the base value?  That is if  you put a fleet out, anyone can toast your station along with it for just the turns it would take to attack a fleet without a station.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »

if stations are effected that would mean i wouldnt b able to kill a station for my alliance mate tho..

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 01:12:22 AM »

if stations are effected that would mean i wouldnt b able to kill a station for my alliance mate tho..

Good! well, er, maybe.  Are you taking out stations in retribution for mates or am I missing a different motive? 

I understand the strategy of helping your mates, but letting #3 take out or severely damage #60--whatever the reason--is a big part of why there's such a lack of quality players to fight it out with in the first place.  A lot of lesser players take weeks to get the resources for a single station & mining.  Then someone comes along and wipes it out without a second thought.  That guy might rebuild or very well might just quit.
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 02:35:38 AM »

I think having this difference in power/turns for stations as ren has suggested can work. It all boils down to testing. I would be the first person to put up my hand to test it in the test server.

I still want a way to help my lower team mate though. I wouldn't mind wasting say 200 turn attacking a station if that particular player was quite aggressive towards my members. There is no point in being in an alliance if you can't help team members out. It all has to do with balance.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »

maybe reduced rates for a station then.

i definetly agree with the planets thing.. but it would have to take into account that somebody can sell there ships and have very little power but still have a massive planet

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »

maybe reduced rates for a station then.

i definetly agree with the planets thing.. but it would have to take into account that somebody can sell there ships and have very little power but still have a massive planet

Absolutely on the ship sales.  In the poll I posted I was suggesting some other power ranking that is based on credits (including what you have in your base, planets and value of existing and reserve ships).  I don't know what the loopholes would be but it seemed to be more effective than FP at measuring your true power.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »

and in my opinion, everyone that is in loki or ever has been should be able 2 be attacked by anybody for 1 turn using any attack

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 12:40:28 AM »

and in my opinion, everyone that is in loki or ever has been should be able 2 be attacked by anybody for 1 turn using any attack
I assume you mean that they GAIN 1 turn for each attack ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: