Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 07:47:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: An explanation from Cameron  (Read 16740 times)
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »

Cameron and I have been talking and I believe that he should be given an opportunity to explain things from his perspective.

Please note: All moderators, please do not move, block or delete this topic.

Just one thing I want to point out: This whole issue with Cameron and him being banned is not as black and white or simple as it seems. In his post he had highlighted several things wrong with the game. I hope that big boss of this game read his post and specifically reply to the notion that he has taken on too many projects.

From Cameron:

First of all I was given no warning, no message or anything, just stripped of admin powers and banned for 30 days, also my chat box on main was taken away for whatever reason.. I never abused any of my admin powers other than the fact that I called emi out on some things and cussed which i shouldn't have cussed like I did on the forums I will admit that..

[Edited out false accusations]

But my big problem with the games... the new covert ops are crap, this round there has been so many "bugs" found.. the chicken/akran planet attack that he changed so quickly even though it has been that way for rounds, He made game rules and they are very lenient, but even when people break game rules nothing is done.

[Edited out false accusations]

and the so called "rule" you can raid people if your already in the top 10 is just dumb... it doesn't matter if they are already in the top 10 by raiding someone no matter what the circumstance you bettered your position in the rankings even if it be by just a little...

[Edited out. This is a game and all donations are to support and improve the game]

I personally think you have taken on too much with the 3 spaceo servers, sea-o and the hacker project.. you need help with this because obviously you can't handle all the mails and everything on your own...

We need stricter game rules with people actually enforcing them to ensure a fair game, you need to really check on your updates, really test them and take in player info about them and make changes if need be and changes are usually needed..

These are some of the reason why so many players are lost on this game.. Its really not a fair game.. its just who you know anymore.. Something needs to be done differently

[TNTTony edit-I want to make it clear that the "edits" above are made by Sir Emi and not by me.]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:49:38 PM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged
deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:22:59 AM »

Thanks Tony for letting Cam be heard and i agree with everything he said and i myself should have been punished for what i said to Jbomb even if i am right.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:36 AM »

hey, he was a Senior Moderator so he no better atention

If you relly want me to i will go thro every post of his to show all his names calling i will.  It not just them 2 post i did i could of dun more.

I HAVE NOT DUN ANYTHINK WRONG atention!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:03:28 AM by Jonathan16 » Report to moderator   Logged

DJJBOMB (#11554)
Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:50 AM »

Thanks Tony for letting Cam be heard and i agree with everything he said and i myself should have been punished for what i said to Jbomb even if i am right.

what you right about?

DJJBOMB (#11554)
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:38 AM »

Jonathan,

I don't think Tony's post or in fact Cam comments are directed at you, so I have no idea why you are taking offence.

I, personally, don't particularly like how this episode was handled and if you read Cameron's comments (in an unbiased fashion) you will see that he admitted his language was inappropriate and recognises some sanction needed to be levied. I will say you seem to have a personal axe to grind and it is not necessary. I truly hope that Emi does not manage this game based on the "howling of the mob" and actually takes a more considered view on the issues raised.

Cameron is raising (as a consequence of this issue) some valid and wider problems with this game as it currently stands. He would actually be doing you and every other player a disservice if he didn't voice his opinions. I'm sure everyone who plays wants to see this game as a fair contest between those that participate, hell, the suggestions section is full of ideas so there is plenty of interest in making this as good as possible.

I would suggest Jonathan that you stop crowing about your part in the above events and start considering the wider issues. Namely, feeding and raids to boost people beyond their current placings (you do know about this), favouritism and the other points raised.

I'm not really sure that silencing or trying to silence Cameron is very helpful either, whether you agree with him or not.

Voltaire:-

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »

why should he get a warning he is a Senior Moderator, he no 100% if he out of line somethink will happen.

btw i this is not the first time i reported cameron by calling people ( retared ).
----------------------------

Do quote me on this if any moderator do have to do this.

( i bet before anyone become a moderator you have to read somethink and say, yes to all on somethink before you become a moderator).

can i have the link to moderator rules plzs.

DJJBOMB (#11554)
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:37:36 AM »

I will agree with one thing. Emi does seem to have progressed too quickly horizontally instead of expanding vertically to a sufficient point first.
From a business standpoint, that is a common mistake with people who undertake a business without proper training in the business field. The reasoning is that people see profit through horizontal expansion quicker, but end up shooting themselves in the foot in the long-term.

About Cameron,
I believe Cameron has a good heart, per se. However this action against him has been long coming. Cameron has had a negative attitude for a long time, and I completely understand why. I get really mad when I start thinking about all the problems with this game, but I try to approach it in a civil/mature/sophisticated manner as I believe that is the best way to get things done; as opposed to just raw unfiltered illicit attitude, which is all I've seen from Cameron.

Was the situation handled the best way possible? Of course not - Emi doesn't have time to do that, as already mentioned.

Should Cameron be reinstated? Not a chance. I do not believe that his attitude is one that should represent Emi, or Space O as a whole.

Are the points he brings up about the game logical/appropriate/valid? Most assuredly! However these are nothing that have not already been brought up through numerous forum threads.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:48:57 AM by mannaman15 » Report to moderator   Logged

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »

Please understand I believe Cams actions were not constructive, having a 1 man crusade against authority is seldom successful.

This "explosion" is overdue but we shouldn't allow the minutiae of Cameron's status to distract us from the issues that caused it. Cam I feel was fighting for the right things but with the wrong weapons, tactics, terrain and coffee.

Wes, you correctly state that none of the issues raised are exactly new, so I can understand the frustration felt if there seems to be no progress on getting these resolved. Maybe it needed something as dramatic as this to make something happen, as an American surely you will appreciate that occasionally "the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of patriots". ;-)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:24:05 AM by Fester » Report to moderator   Logged
Zan
Corporal

Mongrels!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:24:43 AM »

hmm. This is just my opinion, I think removing mod on cam should be done because if you're a mod you should act the right way
But the banning thingy on him? I think it should be removed. Cause nobody warned him and suddenly he gots banned lol
That's all 13

Gilgamesh`(#90389) - Main
Gilgamesh(#7367) - Wars
Gilgamesh`(#26), Gilgamesh(#115) - Elite
Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they're unobtainable.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 06:02:11 AM »

Ow btw.... Camerons ban has.... euhm.... expired  13

I'd voice my mind..... if I could keep a "civil tone" while doing so, so I better not do that.

@Jonathan last warning, do not double post

Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »

The very things he's complaining about hes guilty of himself. He's crying because he got butthurt by a covert ops counter that occured to the kyle account after Cameron used that account to tiny people he couldnt otherwise engage. He had been raiding that account all round, and using it like his own alt and now hes screwed bc his gravy train went broke. Get over it Cam. And I see this as cameron using tony to get around his ban. He was banned for a good reason ( not even for his own violations of the tos mind you) and he has no right to use another person to keep speaking on the subject.
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:00:22 AM »

The very things he's complaining about hes guilty of himself. He's crying because he got butthurt by a covert ops counter that occured to the kyle account after Cameron used that account to tiny people he couldnt otherwise engage. He had been raiding that account all round, and using it like his own alt and now hes screwed bc his gravy train went broke. Get over it Cam. And I see this as cameron using tony to get around his ban. He was banned for a good reason ( not even for his own violations of the tos mind you) and he has no right to use another person to keep speaking on the subject.

well if spayed gave him that account then that is cammy's alt and he has every right to attack whomever he wishes so u get over it 16. from my experience, i know that cam is infact capable of being in the top ten and just because he is voicing his opinions, doesn't make him a bad guy. and lets face it its not like none of us has ever cussed on a forum so even if he was a mod, that penalty was a bit too high. i say if thats wat the punishment is then everyone on the forum should get an immediate ban of 30 days or however long cammy's is/ was

Zan
Corporal

Mongrels!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

And to that I say emi said cameron never raided kyle's account so...

Gilgamesh`(#90389) - Main
Gilgamesh(#7367) - Wars
Gilgamesh`(#26), Gilgamesh(#115) - Elite
Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they're unobtainable.
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »

No, EMI stated the ips didn't match. He never said he didnt raid it. I, and several others, personally had seen cam raiding kyles planet (news doh!). Kyle himself said cam was the only other person who had the password for his account. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what cam was up to, and if that wasnt enough, when kyle's account lost about 17 quad bc of the covert ops counter, cam powered up to finish raiding the scraps from kyles account. So before you invent poop how about relying on facts.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »

Agreed to all  13 13
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:56:36 AM by Truth Of Mind » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: