Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 02:41:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy or alt nebbing  (Read 13887 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »

Royalties is base on your SHIPLESS power and your commander level, untill you pass around cdr lvl 100 royalties pay out is totaly nothing. And I get max royalties the entire round anyways.

There are not much players who can keep alts in their normal range so that royalties of alts would give any effect to their main account. And you need every alt to have a gold account for them to give royalties.

Alt nebbing is weak and I dont use it.

But in your example this has so little effect I can come up with way bigger advantages an alt can give.

If you have alts play them seperate.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:08:25 PM by FTP » Report to moderator   Logged

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 02:42:33 AM »

Alt and buddy nebbing are considered different?  WTH?

From WARS server perspective, I dont care how someone gets there, if its not from legitimate combat then I see it as exploiting a system designed for another purpose - namely to give you a chance to log in and resupply your defenses after a serious attack.
Report to moderator   Logged
MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 04:51:38 PM »

If this is the common view, then a neb should last the time it takes you to resupply the credits lost *.80
It shouldn't be based on time at all. Only losses.

Much like insurance. Which is also at 80%. This would allow no1 to gain more than they had lost by self-nebbing with low cr/fp p-ships. As soon as you regain the 2 million you used on p-ships your exposed to other commanders once again.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »

MeGuaRen - I dont play SOMAIN.

I think theres a world of difference though - Dont think your idea will work on SOWARS - but there been some good alternatives discussed already.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Alt or Buddy nebbing is for losers who aren't willing to learn how to play the game - marine up, put up some pships, any alternative to intentionally putting yourself in a nebula. Council Protection if you're going to be away for a while.

Alt or Buddy nebbing is, in short, taking advantage of something meant to keep gameplay fair, giving people a chance to keep themselves from being completely destroyed in a short period of time. You're meant to take some losses in this game, but be able to bounce back within a few days. It's what keeps it interesting, and prevents it from becoming tireless mission clicking.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »

If this is the common view, then a neb should last the time it takes you to resupply the credits lost *.80
It shouldn't be based on time at all. Only losses.

Much like insurance. Which is also at 80%. This would allow no1 to gain more than they had lost by self-nebbing with low cr/fp p-ships. As soon as you regain the 2 million you used on p-ships your exposed to other commanders once again.

Sorry MeGuaRen - I missed what you were saying I think.

Your idea seems a variation of the "Neb based off cost" idea, with a variable length neb - its actually got merit.  Still - some losses in combat can be small - but it leaves you without adequate defences .. so this would be very tricky to get right I think.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 12:58:54 AM »

SO Main beeing the most ompetitve due to the prizes, the self neb or buddy neb tactic is not desired, and PvP aspect should be somewhat increased due to the competition. PvP on SO Main is like disrupting your enemy supply lines, it should be encouraged.

I am now gathering all information I can on the self / buddy neb tactics and searching for a fix. Any feedback you may have on the tactics used to self neb should be sent ingame or PM on the forum to me. I will also be using any good suggestion in this topic to reach the objective.

Also, the self / buddy neb fix should not affect in any way the functionality of the game as it is, that is, the 24 hour neb doesn't need to be changed, just the way it is implemented.

A good start would be to determine the value of the neb you get, as compared to your total credits value. For example, we could change it so you enter nebula if you lose 20% or more of your total credits value, instead of total power value... Every asset you have, active fleets, segments, workers etc. that compose the total power can be calculated in credits, and when you lose 20% (or another percent) of the total calculated value of your mothership / fleets in the last 24 hours, you would enter nebula...

SO:

- 20% of assets instead of 20% power in last 24 hours
- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

- Limit number of attacks between two commanders in 24 hours, excluding counter attacks:
Example: Cmd X attacks Cmd Y 10 times. Cmd Y makes 10 counter-attacks and attacks 10 times. Cmd X makes 10 counter attacks.

- Increase protection time if defender you lost more then 20% of assets in the last attack.
Example: Lost 50% of assets, get 50/20 * 24 = 60 hours of protection.

God Speed!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:28:19 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 06:50:29 AM »

Losing 20% of your power, would kill the use of powerships entirely  3

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:42 AM »

For SOWARS diminishing returns from repeated nebula is very clearly the best solution so far proposed.

For SOMAIN - perhaps you could use Emi's idea (total credit losses), but reduce the amount needed to enter neb to 5% or 10% - that means you can still defend with cheap ships like Pships or swarmers, but would need to spend a bit more on them probably.

5% of your total worth to enter neb is a high price - 10% or more would probably make it unviable as a defensive strategy.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »

Emi -

I dont understand this;

- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

Could you explain that in a bit more detail please, and also explain its significance with regard to self nebbing.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 04:15:48 PM »

i think he means that if u set it to the 'dont if friendly station,' that if u are being protected by a station u will not warp.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: