Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 28, 2024, 02:51:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hiding in Neb on SOWARS  (Read 8774 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

Theres a few people who are always in neb on SOWARS.  Clearly they are not losing any segs to attacks, but I could land attacks on them easily and take segs - if they werent in neb all the time.

*Emi* - can you please sort this issue out.  Its real clear who they are - but Im not going to list names.

Using an alt - or a friend to neb you so you cant get attacked .. well, if its not against the rules it should be.
Report to moderator   Logged
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

i agree its the Sowars server not the Soneb server.

o well i will just keep my eye out 1 day they will log on 10min to late and it will be tolate  4
VictoRy
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:49:49 AM »

poor amagnon >.<

wanna some segs? xD

i'm use nebuladrop  since march 2006, its part of game strategy, as reserv fleet or minefields.

Play 4 fun))

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:45:23 AM »

I consider self neb, or buddy neb to be an exploit. 

Using an exploit isnt a strategy - its cheating.

Nebula is there to allow people who have been attacked be an enemy player time to log in and rebuild their defences after an attack - not to allow players to become permanently invulnerable to attack.

The segs I could get isnt the issue - the issue is that we are getting players in the top 10 on the SOWARS server who have no business being there because they lack the skills to defend their position, they are just getting a free ride - they are sure not worthy of the respect of the other players who have battled their way to the top.

What is also clear is that the first time they arent protected by neb there is a long list of annoyed players who will jump on the opportunity to reduce their fleets to ash - however, the system can be exploited permanently - there is no reason to expect such an opportunity will arise .. unless something is changed.

Neb could be based off the total credit cost of your fleet - not the fleet power - that would make self neb too expensive to exploit - but it would still function to protect players from multiple damaging attacks.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 05:36:56 AM »

But would disallow to use of powerships.

Although on SO WARS it might not be such a bad suggestion.

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:30 PM »

On the war server pships are pretty much useless anymore anyhow so it might be a good ideal to base on costs
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »

pships are still used, and just because most players do not use them, doesn't mean we can change the game. (although i dont use them)

we all know who buddy nebs, why dont we just ask emi to do something about it?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »

Because we need to come up with a suggestion so that Emi can do something about it. For war server powerships are not that usefull so this could solve the problems there.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 06:28:02 PM »

yea
but pships are part of the game

i dont really mind if they are rendered useless, but they are one of the 3 main designs in the game. that would be like taking away swarmers.

i still think that the people we know who buddy neb should just be dealt with

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

Buddy nebbing aint illegal, it aint a crime Emi said himself so everyone can keep whining they wont be punished.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »

...dam

ill keep my whining to myself then

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »

I'm against the idea of basing Nebula on total cost of Fleets. Why? It would make defending next to impossible ... and I'm not going to explain it either ... I've said too much already. :-)

No income while Neb'd, can't do Missions while Neb'd. (Well first mission you do cancels Neb) This is all that needs to be added to the game to stop the Buddy Neb'ing.

I'm sure there was another thread where we arrived at the same conclusion.

PS: pship use is the sign of an inexperienced player, or a player with bad teachers. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »

The biggest problem with any change to nebs is not penalizeing someone who just got nebbed because of an attack that isn't a buddy neb, yes it can be an irritant but I see no way to stop it without screwing all the people who don't buddy neb, I for one never use a neb unless some other player has put me there to stop my income because of that would screw me from resupplying while in the neb which is the whole point of them.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 03:41:09 AM »

If you just made it the first mission you do cancels neb it wont really solve it - most attacks occur when the defending player is offline - so while they are online and active they are fairly safe, then they can log and neb again.

I think of all the solutions proposed so far that preventing people from doing missions during neb, and immediately after neb is probably the best.

Getting neb'd means youve been hit hard (or it should), so a slight additional penalty is within reason.  If you can just click a button to remove neb, then you can do missions a bit later or the next day - if they cant do missions they arent likely to be moving around, even if they stay logged in - so it opens the opportunity to attack.

The right amount of time is a consideration - I suggested 6hrs, I still think thats fine - much shorter and the window to attack is too small.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 03:58:04 AM »

But people who got hit realy hard need to do those mission to get back some credits.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: