Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 12:11:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hiding in Neb on SOWARS  (Read 8797 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 04:51:15 AM »

Hmmm ... Don't they have credits on hand or stashed credits ? Credits from doing missions has never been a huge source of income for me. If you mean burning turns to generate income through BioFarms, then sure, that is a little bit of extra cash. All the Neb is there for really is to stop multiple people attacking you in the same day, which it does ... If someone has given you a counter, you can unreserve your PvP fleets and waste em. If you haven't enough cash on hand to unreserve your PvP fleets, then I guess that is not a problem with the Neb mechanic, more a poor strategy on the players behalf.

You don't need a time frame on not being able to do missions after you come out of Neb, and certainly a 6 hour freeze would kill the playability of the game for most people who log on for a hour or 2 each day at a set time. Killing that play time effectively kills their play time for a 24 hour period or longer, if they only log on every other day or some such.
Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 07:49:24 AM »

amagnon
how about 12 hours, that way u can sleep and not have to worry about being attacked 2 different times

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

Do you mean nebs from 12 hours - wouldnt solve anythign people would just have to buddy neb 2x as much.

If you mean 12 hours after your neb ends you cant do missions, then you just want to kill the game.

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 12:22:59 PM »

How about limiting time in Nebula to 24 + 24 + 12 = 60 hours in any given 3 days ( 72 Hours). That way people who are using Nebula as intended will still have that safety net to fall back on should the need arise, and those who are using it to hide from PvP would have a 12 hour windows where they would have to dodge attacks. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »

Tzarie  wow

You could make a nebula takes 24 hours, and to fully restore it takes 6 hours. If some one gets into nebula again within that 6 hours. He will only get get 24-(6-time sence last neb) and then he will need to stay out of nebula for 6+(6-last time neb) hours since he got nebbed again. Which means if you selfneb directly as you leave the nebula.

First neb 24 hours, second neb 24-6= 18 and doign it again would give 12 hours etc

On wars server if you can login once a day it shouldnt be to hard to be out of nebula for 6 hours a day if you move around.

And this would give the hunters atleast a 6 hour time frame a day to killbuddy nebbers, and wont penalise others would get attacked normaly. As yes sure maybe you get hit shortly after your neb you still have atleats 18 hours neb.

archiles
Private

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »

heya all,
i think i'm asking the question on the wrong section of the forum.
but i'm wondering, if you're in a neb and you attacked someone, means you're un-neb. then is the counter still can go through the neb, if you go back to neb again ?
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 02:11:17 PM »

Yes ofcourse every counter take 24 hours and goes to a nebula no matter what.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »

personally, i think people who have to use buddy nebbing just end up ceasing to be a factor in the game anyway.fact is you cannot hide in a neb from a counter and even with a 95% warp i've found one just needs to be persistant and that 5% comes up - just remember you have to click on board every time 16 . and as far as that goes one answer might be to extend the life on a counter to 72 or 96 hours.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »

Yeah something along the lines of diminishing returns for continuous repeated Neb's seems to be the way to go FTP.  15

I kinda like your sliding scale ... Has my vote thus far.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 09:29:26 PM »

As of this time, self nebbing is not against ToS. Also, report abuse is NOT a place for your discussions, it is a place to report people's names who you suspect of cheating. If you wish to discuss this issue, go into GD, and there IS a thread there on this as well, so no duplicate threads. If you wish to suggest Emi to change the way nebulas work, go to suggestions.

This is my 1st warning to you all. If you are discussing someone who may/may not have cheated, that's fine. You do not however, discuss problems about the game, or how to solve them here. That's GD and suggestions.

Since no names have been reported for suspect of cheating, there is nothing to be discussed here.

Topic Locked.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:39:16 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 11:53:28 PM »

Sorry for the late post, but I've been away for a while

Pships aren't that big a part of this game, I remember a time when we went without pships, and without well designed supers for a while, it was a big swarmer fest for both missions and PvP

So price based nebbing would certainly be nostalgic and bring back some of the good old SO days of all out carnage even without DDAY.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: