Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 06:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New accounts on Wars  (Read 17743 times)
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:35:04 AM »

Well i would really like to see this put into place.. i think it would only work for wars.. and i think it would be a good idea since wars never resets but i think new accounts should get like a grace period of no attacks, or at least no attacks on their stations for the first week or two.. it would help them get a start and a chance for a cloak before someone thats been here longer comes along and just kills it right off the bad
Report to moderator   Logged

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:10:34 AM »

yea... right now ive had a lot of complaints fomr my lower members about there stations being destroyed like an hour after they get setup, a chance for them to at least get a low level cloak would probly put an end to some of this
as for attacks on the players themselves it is the wars server...so....

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:24:31 AM »

i think new players shouldnt have protection from attacks- its better that they geta compensation for joining later than the start (like on main server- new accaunts getup to 5k turns)- they should get turns (up to 5k) some cp (enough to get about lvl2-3 cloak) and a bit more creds 1

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 02:55:01 PM »

i say average all of the current commander's stats/powers etc and give them that. (or at least base what they get off of the average player so that balance can be maintained as the game gets older).

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:18:13 PM »

when the game gets older we will have more and more accaunts- and those accaunts that were just barelymade and left will drop the bonuses quite a bit- maybe something like average from top 200 could be calced?

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 04:41:24 PM »

instead of mining/researching 1 base to begin with give them a basic base with the resourses to build them, for the top players, or atleast it should be, what a base will make wont be a major advantage over them, most people will tell them how to use them and there are guides about how to ue them, then if they get it wrong then its their fault. to help them with this have it so as only people in normal attacking range can hit their base, like the idea cameron07 said where they cant get attacked for a week or until they get over a certain power, otherwise those bases will be gone in hours if not less. this will help them on their way because creds are harder to make on wars, and as all new players will get a base its then the players that make the mistake not the game letting them down. just an idea  21

al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »

broken- i dont want to be mean or anything but your last post is the worst suggestion ive seen 13 without even trying i know 2 ways to abuse the sustem you suggest 13

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 02:37:41 AM »

10 days or 2 weeks protection on a new base is like 30 Billion or so ... It'll die the day after it comes out of protection and the player won't be much better off. It'd be far better to teach them how to play from the beginning and for them to play smart than give them a free lunch. I see swarms of alts being created to abuse this suggestion anyway ... :-(

New guys shouldn't build bases, simple as that. And if you offer advice to the contrary, then your not doing anyone any favours.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:04:08 AM »

Creating 100 alts and then killing their bases  12

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »

that type of abuse seems to me like it would be obvious and a bootable offense. but i do agree simply on the grounds that noobs should not have bases because everyone else had to take the time to figure em out and research + they will just be killed as soon as they are vulnerable. i think that maybe noobs get the resources to get to the top some odd %. for example they start with a "ship credit" or sumtin that is good for 1 free gold account ship search, 10k turns, 100k segs and 100bil cash.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

Well...I was thinking about making a video tutorial with voice over...(good quality video...lol), just don't know what others would think about it.  If I didn't make a video tutorial, I would atleast like to make a flash tutorial...just to give players the basics (I will make one for each game).  What are your opinions on it? (yes...this is on topic, as it has to do with the issue)

~100th Post!!~
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »

A video tutorial would be very cool 1

Silence you want to give them half my segments :o

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 06:29:13 PM »

was an example... and wow ftp i am way below u in rankings and i have 400k... the numbers would change on a sliding scale based on certain player averages. for example take the top 200 and give 2 thirds the amount of segs that the average player in that group has.

-Silence444-
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 07:25:25 PM »

Maybe 2/3 of the average of the 180-220th players. And lower the rank as more player come in. It would be difficult because you'd need to have someway of determining the number of active players

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »

well im not sure what exactly but there needs to be something thought of to help the new players out a bit...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: