Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 02:01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Busted...  (Read 19285 times)
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 03:53:01 AM »

I will say this, when this round first started - before Sir Emi lowered the fleet power galaxy contracts - I found out by desperation that if I sent 10 fleets of powerships/swarmers into battle that I would win a majority of the battles, maybe 7 out of 10 average over the long run. I didnt win every single battle.

This is my first start round as i have only started playing SO the last 2 months of the last round. When the round started I built ships (that I could afford) sent them into battle and always lost so out of desperation, as powerships/swarmers are the cheapest ships to build from my limited knowledge of this game, I decided on my own to see what would happen if I sent 10 fleets of those ships into battle.

I dont know how other people did it or where it started but I can say that no one told me how to do it, I found out on my own, when I found out that it actually worked most of the time I told my alliance. I dont know if anyone used what I told them or not but I will not make any accusations as to who did what, who said what.

As for the mission contracts I never thought about doing them with those ships(stupid 3 me) so I cannot comment on those happenings.

What I do know is that while I used this strategy in doing galaxy contracts it wasnt easy. I did not win each and every mission, there always were fleets to fight against and often I didnt win sometimes five in a row due to all my fleets being wiped out. Yes the reward was greater than the $ lost, but so is it when you do a 50 mil fleet gold transport with a fleet of ships over 50 mil fleet power each ship and dont lose a single ship.

I didnt think there was anything wrong with doing things this way. By doing it the way I was, I ALWAYS lost ships win or lose. When i made enough credits to pay for my bigger mission ships I stopped using that strategy to make credits.

Like I said, it wasnt easy, I found it irritating to always lose ships / always having to resupply my fleets. It was after that Sir Emi lowered the fleet power, if the fleet power was lowered when the round started maybe I would have done things differently.

If Sir Emi wants to penalize me, whatever, he's the creator he can do what he wants. How am I supposed to recognize what a "bug" is in a game, I am not a software engineer or a computer technician, as I am sure 99% of the players in SO arent either. From now on are we supposed to report anything that seems too easy? If anyone knows of a way to spot these "bugs" please tell me so I will know.
Report to moderator   Logged

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:38:41 AM »

So it originated out of AL2 huh? Well, I like how "The Merchant's" reaction to this is to point the finger at someone else(AL2)... But hey, thanks for keeping me updated Merchant. It's awfully convenient for you to point the finger at the alliance you are at war with... laugh

If you think ANY AL members are guilty of using this bug then please have emi investigate us. I don't want cheaters in my alliance anyways. This will help filter them out for me. So, by all means if you feel that an AL member is cheating let emi know. I will be more than happy to see him satisfy your curiosity. I suggest that you guys quit while you are ahead and be thankful you don't get banned for this. Also, it would be wise to send emi a list of suspected players because the punishment could be more severe if they get caught later down the road.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:52:01 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

he never said it orginiated there, in your allaince just that Davey boy (who happened to be in al2) was one of the people to find it.. he then showed it others and it adventaly came to my allaince, but i think the only reason i got penelized so bad was i had a real high command level when i started, and therefore i would gain more than most people, i still think that when tons and tons of people, mabey even a majority of people are doing this "exploit" im the only one to get in troble for it... i could see if he busted everyone, but just screw over one player wtf?

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

Well, send him a list man. If you don't wanna be the only one to get busted, then tell emi who else you think is using it.  1

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 08:26:59 PM »

i msged emi to tell him about that, and merchant confessed to.. he could simply examen everyones account, but no he singled out me only i mean he didnt even BOTHER to look at any other accounts, just mine.. thats the only reason im even considering to make peace with you midnight.. so dont go off bitching to wolfy on how "your soo good and thats what lamma gets for fighting me" i lost everything due to a stragey i used that apperently was a "exploit" of the game.. or something like that.. but still if you have to be so arrogent about me even considering peace so be it, the war will wage on.. you know your allaince has by far lost the most, i mean look at it already half your members left beacuse of it.. you call that winning?

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:46:52 PM »

Sorry I have not been online, starting in two days I will be back full time...and ill start cleaning out the forums, and merging old posts with important info into an 'Archive' post.  Please PM me if you would like to report a post of something like that.

I will be back in 2 days,
SnipeDragon
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »

... why dont you post a topic about that? not in the first topic you see...

oh, and if you havnent noticed, i was temperaly well you can say "banneded" from being a moderator SnipeDragon, beacuse of something i did in the game (didnt really know it was cheating but oh well, i got reset for it).. sure hope i get my mod powers back...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 12:24:57 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 12:42:48 PM »

Yes, Lamma....that is why I posted in here, its not off topic due to the fact that you lost your mod powers, and im the only mod on most forums.  I was just informing people that I will be back full time tommorrow.  I didnt post in the first topic I see, I posted in this topic becuase its not really off topic.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »

I'm not gonna say you lost Lamma. I think we have all had enough war. You did your fair share of damage as did we. I think we all had losses, and we all gained a little knowledge. Don't worry about me breakin' a truce. Light will hang me.   Opps

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 01:13:13 AM »

ummm... excuse me for asking... but if lamma is the only one reset...  when clearly he wasn't the only one doing it... wouldn't that mean sir E is picking sides???  either it is true, or you are accusing him of it...
and don't blame me, I am just pointing out this obvious fact.

anyway, as far as 'anything easy' being a bug...  it depends on how easy it is, from what you were saying, silverthorne, it sounded legit, you had greater rewards, but it came at the chance of losing everything if not careful.  but if you go through and complete 100 trillion credit missions without a single loss, and all you sent was a small 2 power ship...  ya, then it's defenitely a bug.

it's basically the same as real life: if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 05:35:32 AM »

Thats why I didnt even think about it being a bug, I dont know how anyone else did it but here is how I did it:

I used 10 fleets of powerships with no armor only weapons. Even with armor, usually the opposing fleets had more than enough firepower so armor was a waste anyway. I had anywhere from 1 to 11 ships in each fleet at all times. Without armor ships always got destroyed, sometimes all my fleets got destroyed, most of the time it was more frustrating having to resupply all fleets 5 times in a row because of running into huge ships but it was the only way I could afford to at the beginning of the round.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 09:30:03 AM »

I dunno if I am using a bug or "exploit" or whatever, but I'm just using my 7 big ships, and I wanted every1 to know that it's not just that way you can do it, since I was doing mission contract over 100%...

News
A^Bloody^Idiot(#8752) completed a 183% difficulty contract.

That's the highest I could do, I lost a ship trying that 1...
But the others went all normal, I didn't lose anything just gained alot, I reported it to Emi and I talked about it with a few ppl, some of you might have seen me doing mission contracts in the news well now I'm telling you guys here fair and square that I'm not known of doing anything wrong, I'm not using swarmers or sumthing, every1 can see that I had and still just have 7 ships...

So I don't know if this is another bug or whatever or just some error, but I want Emi to look at it...

Greetz, ABI 17
(p.s. I thought since this was about doing high missions I thought this was the appropriate topic to post it in, if not by all means move this post and accept my appalogies for it 1
Thx, ABI )

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 12:15:13 PM »

im pretty sure this isnt what emi si tlaking about, using swarmers to do missions, and htat it is a bug accociated with the cost calculator, form what i understand... far as i can tell lamma used a few ships with very low power and did high percent missions, but turned on the cost calculator so he wouldnt face many ships in the high percent missions, but would still get teh rewards... and monkey my other comment wasnt saying he got ships for less it was sayin he used less ships for more money ;)

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 07:13:28 PM »

all this was before the new calculator update and if you try it with it it no longer works 1 ive tried

WARS Account= Overmind
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »

good.

and if you are wondering why I said 'good' that you tried it already, the reason is this:

SpaceO is still 'beta' which basically means the same thing as when you go into the test server.  it isn't really supposed to be about winning or losing at the moment, but instead making sure everything works fine.  and you can't make sure everything works fine if you don't tell E the problems.  but the bugs will also still be there if someone doesn't go oiut of bounds and tries the crazy stuff, lol.

anyway, ya, the basic thing is that they would do missions with ships that should not have survived it in any way shape or form, but won due to almost non existant enemy forces arriving.  the problem was they would get most/all reward from doing almost nothing.

so really, this problem has, as Sir E stated, already fixed.  just, why would only one person be punished? I'm sorry, but I like to think I know Sir E better then that, he won't just take sides and only punish one person when more then one is guilty... I'm guessing lamma is just the only one he made an example of, or lamma was teh only one who came out and posted in the forum.  all the others probably didn't notice as much  14

that or lamma was just the only punished as he would be the one he saw who should know better, lol.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: