Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 12:25:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Post mail donations available  (Read 8049 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2006, 12:43:47 AM »

As some of you may know, I have recently moved to Canada, and I can now receive donations by mail.

I have set up a generator in the game that can make a letter, and a reference number. You can then track a donation trough the reference number. This option is now available in the Support Us area, upper left of the screen in the game, just below the Main Menu link.

After you select credits, turns, CP, or Gold Account, you will be taken to a screen where you can edit your donation details, add new stuff, make it whatever you want, write a letter if you will. You can basically request your donation to be divided any way you want, e.g. $10 to be divided $5 for turns, $5 for credits... Of course the usual $3 bonuses for every $5 will apply, so divide carefully.

After you click on confirm, you get the address, a P.O. BOX I've set up in my town, so there shouldn't be any problems with lost luggage... I mean mail 1

Here you will get a reference number, make sure you include that number in your letter, better yet, just print what you see on the screen and get an envelope and put that address on. That should be all you need, besides the donation.

If at some point after you got the reference number you decide you want to change the details of the donation, it's simple, just click the link to get you to the donation, then a link that says... "update the information here using your reference number", input the number and edit the details.

Ok, got some more work to do on those buildings and tech tree, anyway looking great, I should have it in a week.

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 12:45:29 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:36:46 PM »

yaya so i can mail in donations  1   umm how many stamps would it take  Opps   to mail from california to canada and what is the E.T.A.
Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »

ya, this is awesome, because some people really hate using online money transfer sites, but then run into this problem of no way to send it to you...

and that is a very good question, what do you suppose is a good E.T.A. on average, you think, or better yet time it will take to go from mailed in money in your mailbox (man I wish I were you when you get that first mail letter laugh) to online bonus? 21

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:48:09 AM »

Well, you can ask your post office for the fastest way vs. stamp cost, or probably you have an online tool for that. In Canada, we have some tools at http://www.canadapost.ca, so US probably has something similar, to calculate distance / cost.
I'm sure the cost from US to Canada for a letter is very low.

I will probably be checking out the box at the start of each week, and a mail shouldn't take more than a few days from US to Canada, so if you send it during the week, you should have the bonus by the next week, something like that.

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:51:55 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »

www.usps.com is the post office website where you can check shipping costs.

THIS IS FROM THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES TO CANADA

Mailing Services   (Show Dimensions)    Estimated  Delivery Time*      Price

Global Express Mailâ„¢ (EMS) 3 - 5 Days    $16.25

Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large)  4 - 6 Days    $7.50

Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small)  4 - 6 Days    $4.25

Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single) 4 - 6 Days   $6.25

Airmail Letter Post    4 - 7 Days    $1.70

Economy (Surface) Letter Post  4 - 6 Weeks    $2.85

*Designed to be delivered in the number of business days specified for each service depending on origin and destination.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:56:34 PM by Silverthorne » Report to moderator   Logged

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 08:26:29 PM »

Hmm, this is good for those people who have no credit card, or hate online services for various reasons.....and you moved to Canada? Tell me...is it true that they apologize for everything?

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:16:59 AM »

laugh Yeah Luffy, I think so, I thought they were just beeing nice.  3 slap

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 12:02:28 AM »

i have a question again, 1 say i sent a 5 dollars today at 7 Bill per 1$  and you get the letter oo lets say in 3 weeks and the donation rate increases to 10 Bill per 1$ when you recieve the letter.  do i get 7 Bill per dollar or 10 Bill per 1$ Opps  im just wondering

and also same with gold account if it goes from 70bill to 100Bill

WARS Account= Overmind
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 01:42:56 AM »

You will get the specified bonus at the  exchange rate of the day, the current and last rate of course.
It's the same as a normal donation, and you also get all the bonuses, the $3 for every $5 for donations / Gold Upgrade bonus credits.

Squank
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 04:43:40 AM »

So would it be the same reference number say if you wanted to donate 10$ for yourself.

And then a gold account for a friend and 10$ for that person too?  Just put it all on the same donation letter?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 08:28:51 PM »

This is a letter example if you would wish to donate as suggested above:

Credits - $10 commander_name1(#commander_number1)
Gold Upgrade - commander_name2(#commander_number2)
Credits - $10 commander_name2(#commander_number2)

Yup, you can put as many commanders as you wish on the letter.

P.S.: You can look the commander name and numbers in the support page -> lower of the page, link that says "Send donation bonus to friend here". Type in part of the name, and copy / paste the commander and number to the letter.
You can also update the letter later on, using that reference number, there is a link that says "update the information here using your reference number" when creating your letter. Type the reference number there, and change amounts, commanders, etc. or make another letter and get a new reference number.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:31:38 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Squank
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

Ok thanks E, makes me happier now I know this  1
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 12:25:47 AM »

wait..... so i can change the ppl i sent the bonus to even after i sent the mail, right? and if so then  i could also change the bonus from turns to cash or vise versa.

WARS Account= Overmind
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »

That's what it sounds like. Sir Emi takes on Canada.....I see possible movie rights here, lol.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »

That is correct, you can change the bonuses, numbers, the whole letter if you wish, while waiting for the mail to arrive.
After I get the letter, I check the details on the server with the reference number you send me, and follow the server instructions.
It should be pretty simple to use.

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 05:44:06 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: