Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 09:25:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New missioning system, combined with Galaxy  (Read 10378 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:23 PM »

There you go, mothership or galaxy contracts, your choice.

I encourage commanders to level the encryption on the Galaxy missions, as the salvage operations and items will be added in those missions soon.

Have fun 1
Report to moderator   Logged

PierLuc
Private First Class

the canadian weapon !

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

now every1s happy  1

proud to be french !
tro fier d'etre francais !!

go edmonton go !
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 07:04:08 PM »

ya, the biggest problem I think with the galaxy missions, personally, was simply the fact that while it sounded good in theory, as soon as people really started to use them, you would be lukcy to find 1-2 missions in an entire quadrant.  you know there are always so many missions throughout the galaxy... but obviously not anywhere near you. 

another thing I noticed, it seems how you have it set up... not only will it not look that great until you get your encryption level up, but unless you want to spend 100's of turns going after a single mission, you would have to wait for a lot of people to catch up to your level as well.

also, and I think I mentioned this before... ya, I think I did.  another major problem with galaxy missions as a replacement, not just addon, is that where you have almost 100% flexibility with mothership contracts, it grows in danger and power along with you, galaxy missions offer in rigidity, what you have is what you get, even if those rewards are no where near where the are meaningful to you.  I also mentioned it this way, that if it takes 10 tril power to get a planet, that's fine, until someone is in the quadrillions, then they will be sitting there with enough planets to create the next galaxy by themselves, lol.

anyway, hope some of this helps E, personally, I think it's a great add-on, but a horrible replacement... right now.  though I'm sure you are making it better sometime 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 07:17:10 PM »

Ok so from what we saw with the galaxy and now with the galaxy and missions back seperate again or both, what can you say, Unreal Mr emi sir, and if ars wasnt on the council i would have voted seconded and thrown a tantrum until they put you on there, definately the most valuable member of the council, geeeez at this rate i'll be voting you president lol...

Wtg on the new system as it is now, i hope it stays  1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 09:44:49 PM »

we need more of the missions in the galaxy, like 2-4 per star, and it will be time based like the older ones (like 50 galaxy missions spawn per min) and then stay for like 4 hours at full thats umm 12k wait to much... well

okay how about like 50 missions a min, and they stay there for 30 min, so there always spawning and it will be 1500 at the full time (witch will never happen with anyone being able to do them...) 1500 is more like 2 per star when its maxed out, sopposieng that you said 350 was 1 per 2 stars... and they will spawn somehow like the different % of the mothership contracts do, (when 1 person gets a new level it will spawn that level also)

this should make the missions more avaible, and will (if useing your idea of them spawing at different location when finished) prevent people from being able to sit at one star and just farm any mission that may spawn there...

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 05:57:16 AM »

The drawbacks to this style:
If anyone else is in the same area doing missions, and wiped them out, it may take you 100 turns to be able to do more missions.
If anyone did missions in the area recently (a given with it being new), there will not be 2/star.
Lower income (for now).

Benefits:
Maybe end up as higher income, at least for a time.
Something else to do when you run around the galaxy (it only uses 1 turn).  However, drawback is that more people will be in the galaxy.

Also, I used a full day's worth of turns.  Towards the end of my session, I was averaging almost 1 mission/star.  However, despite this, I only got 70% of the way to lvl 2.  Just thought I'd throw in that you don't increase as quickly as you might be hoping.
Sian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 06:02:06 AM »

This may sound stupid, but:

A: can you actually post the galaxy contracts
B: can you still post the mothership contracts, that was my favourite thing 10

Even though my profile says I'm a female, I'm not. Do not be decieved!
Now how did that happen anyway...
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 06:50:37 AM »

hum I like changes because they prolly provide new options which I highly appriciate - but something with E-lvl advaneing went really wrong. - I spended my today turns nearly all into the new galaxy missions but I am still E-rank 1 ...

atm it really is the way that u gain much more on old-style missions - for me that was like 500 mill on a 1% mission. - I am not really sure that I got 500 mill on all that galaxy missions together. - maybe that will become better once I become rank 2 and even higher ... - but that leads back to my point:

obviusly the exp-system for the new missions is damaged or so ... - can t be this way at all I think - spending 1500 turns today - minimum 1000 of them to new missions and I am still rank 1 with 50% way to rank 2 - Standing with the Council: Privateer (378) thats 63 missions each got me 6 more "exp" - thats to low for its costs - I never found more than 5 galaxy missions in a quadrant so either I was in the wrong part of the galaxy or that respan does not work correctly either - I ll test this more tomorrow 1

- sir e pls repair this if there is anything to repair :-)

w/r bb

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 03:14:54 PM »

yeah broni, it takes a long itme ot gte to lvl 2, but after you level up at first it gets easier adn easier. you get Elvl(of mission)+5 standing per missions, up to 50, and after 750 standing yo ulevel up, at high levels it will take 15 missions, but at low it will take much more...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 04:08:33 PM »

heh, maybe you should read all my suggestions about this:
setting it up where each elvel is just as hard as every other level would make it awseome, and putting in the max you can do at the bottom of a fraction, and what level you are doing on the top, will be a great way to keep it where the higher a mission the more points you get.

however, I will say this:
Sir E, not sure, but having the only way to get higher up levels is to level up is fine.  but right now the only way to practically do missions at the new level, is to wait for more people to get to that level as well.  if you are going to have a fixed amount of missions, please please please make it a fixed amount of missions at levels 1 to 45 or so.  after that you can keep it where the only way to have more missions is to wait for more people to level up to where your at, but right now it is just keeping people at level 2 just as long as people at level 1.  or level 3, because all the missions they CAN find, will be level 1 or 2.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »

yeah, ive suggested somethign similar t oars b4, yo uneed a set amount of missions, for every level really, maybe 40 or 50 at least... there are 5 lvl 2s in the galaxy now i think, up for mthe 2 there were yesterday...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: