Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 11:21:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shields  (Read 2783 times)
Jeffesmi
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:02:26 AM »

Hello again,

I read through the post on building ships and it was helpful.  One thing I'm not clear on is the shields.  Is the ABS value of the shield, a percentage of incoming attack absorbed, percentage of total ?hitpoints? that are absorbed before the shields collapse, or something else?  The reason I ask is that from the charts, it look like using 2 * 22ABS shields is MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE than 1 * 44ABS shields... actually well over 3,000,000 to 1.  I guess my question is how are multiple shields calculated?

Thanks,

Jeff
Report to moderator   Logged
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »

Not many people have figured out how shields stack and fewer have been willing to share.
I have one the works for 4 different abs. percentages:
Abs Calculator

I think you also were asking about how shields apply?
If so then it absorbs incoming damage.
Say you have 80% shields (this is the maximum abs btw) and someone attacks you with a ship with 100 attack.
They would only do 20 damage as 80% of it was absorbed.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »

And you can always stack a few shields on a ship and go to the edit/view ship tab and look up your ship there, it will tell you what your ABS is.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: