Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 06:53:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pirates take top positions uncontested!!  (Read 5175 times)
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:26:41 PM »

Congrats on another win Kyle!!

Emi if you still have any intensions for this game you need to urgently address the current dire situation.  Player numbers are at the lowest ever level, they will never be able to learn when someone like kyle can power through and end the round before any of them have got started. Even I had only just started doing incursions then the round ended, what hope do people still learning have.
  With the player base so low now, you have the excuse to radically change the game... even start it up as a completely new format on Android/Iphone etc I dont think anyone would object , as long as something happens.
Report to moderator   Logged
EON
Private

Still playing-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 02:46:45 AM »

i agree with Sat, I cant even start and the rounds over.
i say remove alts and players should be rewarded for playing the game eg using turns to do incursions and hiddens. they seem to just waste turns now as rewards don't come till later in the game. by that time top players have already maxed.
yeah i know im a noob and dumb , but i like playing the game

Take Care, Be good, if not be good at it. 1
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 05:53:15 AM »

as my own personal contribution. i wont play next round.

i do agree tho. more and more old players are leaving. and no new ones coming to replace them.

HK didnt even play this round ffs..

we need to find some way to inject new players into the game.

an app would probably get more exposure but its not the kind of thing you would instantly click on to play on a phone.

a big problem with keeping new players atm is how difficult it is to start now.
as SAt said he only just started doing inc's - mainly because you need to have very high hp, days past you could start playing from the first min of a round, do incs and do the galaxy without fear of losing a ship to something smaller then your lead.

if Spaceo really isnt what your interested in maintaining now emi then im sure there are many people here that would donate their time to try and improve the game if you were to pass on some admin powers.
hell im sure if there were some regular updates you would see more of the older players coming back. (even if they dont work, no reason u cant just change it back if it dont work)

i know i maxed first and i won by a mile, but i do enjoy playing alot more when there is competition and that tends to slow rounds down anyway.

my 2cents anyway.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »

Kyle you've got to play, except next round you have to play blindfolded , tied to a tree with razor wire  electricchair, with your genitals coated with chili paste!!!  devil
Decimus
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »

Imo you could buff planets and have a module installed on them to hunt local reavers and bring back the items they get...kinda like a bounty hunter module so they have another source of income  and then maybe a module that increases the bounty hunter salvaging effiency...after that you could lessen the rewards from encounters to compensate. It would force more people to get planets and slow down rounds. But im not an old player so idk if that would mess with spaceo too much   10
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »

Sat y r u obsessed with my genitals.

Planets used to be a lot more useful. Trouble was that was the only way you could play so there was no benefit to grinding

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:13:52 AM »

You forgot to add "again" at the end of the post title. 16 anyways I've been wanting to play again. But as of lately. I've been too busy with IRL stuff. Going to be moving halfway across the country in 2 weeks here, and then have the joy of purchasing a new home. (yay debt)

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »

Yup I'm almost in the same position as borg, only I'm not moving halfway across te country it's just other side of town :p plus I'm working every hour under the sun at the moment, makes it hard to have time

Also something does have to be done, a bit of competition does slow down the round but maybe only by a week or 2, if you're being optimistic.. I won the round just as easily as Kyle did but even when I was playing against Kyle he kicked I disagree and I was at 3t power before he even hit 5b power

Edit: "kicked I disagree" wow phone really, autocorrected kicked I disagree.. I though iPhones were supposed to be clever?

Now I feel stupid it's the forums that changed kicked my a$$ to kicked I disagree..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:10:06 AM by Cpt. Relentless » Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »

easy solution.

give me god powers.
i wont play & i can still kick caps ass

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars