Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 01:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main: Updates for the new round  (Read 4432 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »

The Galaxy will have 6 stars / quadrant and encounters are more easily found now, due to being concentrated in less stars. Also easier to find targets for PvP in the Galaxy.

Power formula has been vastly improved. Ship power values are very close to the original powers, making rewards for missions in line with the ship power, and reducing killer fleets. Boarding ships with low attack vs. hitpoints ratio get a bonus by having reduced fleet power signature. Ship defense counts more for power, and power ships are again a viable option.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:59:42 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »

awww I was liking the new way of dealing with p ships.
Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

So basically every kind of pship ever designed has been made an effective option once again?

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

no you missed an entire power formula that was here for awhile and that is considered normal now. Emi changed that power formula up last round and it wasnt well liked.

emy 12
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »

Also,in the galaxy, when I was traveling from star to star, I went from a quadrant with only 6 stars to a quadrant with the amount of stars last round. The game didnt let me travel to the quadrant, but still gave me the option to do so. Could you either cut off all quadrants like that or just update those quadrants to 6 star quadrants? I wasted about 35 turns as well, which was a bit annoying.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:56:56 PM by ninjastrike40 » Report to moderator   Logged

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

Speaking for multiple people. I think this round might actually have more killer fleets than last. I lost a main today to something I was safe attacking last round. I'm not asking for it back. It's the nature of the game to lose ships here and there. But the killer fleet problem is worse than it was and the update didn't fix anything.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »

Also,in the galaxy, when I was traveling from star to star, I went from a quadrant with only 6 stars to a quadrant with the amount of stars last round. The game didnt let me travel to the quadrant, but still gave me the option to do so. Could you either cut off all quadrants like that or just update those quadrants to 6 star quadrants? I wasted about 35 turns as well, which was a bit annoying.

I spoke to Emi about this the other day, just 'F5' refresh whilst on galaxy screen.. it will clear issue.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:29:51 AM »

Speaking for multiple people. I think this round might actually have more killer fleets than last. I lost a main today to something I was safe attacking last round. I'm not asking for it back. It's the nature of the game to lose ships here and there. But the killer fleet problem is worse than it was and the update didn't fix anything.

yea i had the same problem when i started. what was wrong with the original fleet formula?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: