Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 01:41:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main: Improved Incursion and power formula  (Read 4361 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »

Hello commanders!

Based on gathered information from the begining of the round and feedback from commanders, I was able to design a better fleet power formula that will improve gameplay a lot. I appreciate the patience in this matter, as it took time to test the new formula.

The new formula takes into account even the size of the ship, puts more points on size and ship cost, while decreasing the points added by shield / absorb and increasing defense. The end result is close to the original fleet power (most ships being at about 70% power of original formula). Hidden aliens and other missions become a more viable option to increase your power again.

shipPower = round( (shipSize*165 + shipCost*3 + shipAtt*shipAcc + shipDefense*5 + shipAbsorb*5000 + shipHitpoints/300 );

Then attack / HP penalties are applied.

About the aliens and combat missions and what ship to use:

The ships you encounter while fighting aliens are different models. By far the most dangerous are small alien / pirate swarms. Those swarms will take advantage of the low HP penalty and will be very dangerous when encountered. In order to protect against it, the ship used to fight should have Hitpoints about 50x times the fleet power you will face.

Example: 1 mil FP, good ship would need about 50 mil HP. 100 mil FP faced, use a ship with 5 bil HP.

Also put the best shield you can muster and improve your commander skills.
The attack is also important to minimize failed attacks, so after you've setup the HP buffer / tank, work on the attack.

It is also important that you should use at least 5 fleets to minimize potential swarming attacks. If you use just 2-3 fleets, it's possible that the ship could get swarmed and destroyed as they get damage from first fleets and tail enemy fleets and eventually blow up due to taking too much added damage. You can also use tails as decoy but that will also lower your damage and may fail the mission due to too low damage to meet the objective. It will _not_ be easy, you will lose ships sometimes!  16

Other changes: Improvement to Incursion!

- Incursion alien spawns max spawn now (150 aliens), some waves gather around existing commanders power in Incursion, the rest are around 500k-1.5 mil fleet power.
- multispectral probe max amount dropped from alien spawns 2x, pinpointer probe max amount droped 5x
- multispectral probe cost increased to 750k credits
- pinpointer probe cost increased to 500k credits
- there is now a chance to spawn Incursion alien wave Commander, and also a chance to the Queen will have some commanders with it. The Commanders drop valuable items, not as much as the Queen, but great items nonetheless.

Hidden aliens found by probes as always have a chance to spawn an alien Commander / Queen if you manage to kill all of the alien spawns.

Godspeed!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:55:40 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:10 PM »

im pritty sure u made it worse.

just lost 3 mains in 5 mins without going over my lead size once.
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »

Ok, the penalties to attack and HP where removed and reverted it to the about the same old power formula but kept about the same fleet power as the fleets have now for superships, swarmers got more power should be ok in case you used powerships.

Mostly it was the HP FP penalties that made the mission fleets more dangerous, it effectively would almost double the attack power if the ship has small HP vs. attack ratio... Will postpone that update to see how boarding ships can be useful for next round start point. What I wanted to do is make boarding ships with low attack useful in missions, but we can wait for that.

If you lost ships due to the update in non-PvP, please contact me and I will check the logs / reimburse if valid.

Also, I would like to note that nothing changed in Incursion loot, I just added a 35% chance to spawn an Alien Commander on each Incursion wave. The Commander drops valuable items in addition to normal loot. Also when Queen spawns, there's a 20% chance that each of her minions (3 aliens near her power) will be Commander spawns.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:33:17 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:07:46 PM »

Mostly it was the HP FP penalties that made the mission fleets more dangerous, it effectively would almost double the attack power if the ship has small HP vs. attack ratio... Will postpone that update to see how boarding ships can be useful for next round start point. What I wanted to do is make boarding ships with low attack useful in missions, but we can wait for that.

Thank you.

there used to be a really good way to board with supers but u killed that

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »

I do hope you realize that by having the ships take into acount the size of the ship that you're allowing tiny ships back into the equation

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 10:31:58 PM »

oo sounds like great fun 13

i love tinies

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »

You need to work on that power formula some more before next round. Losing ships to something that's not even twice the size of your lead with full hp bonus full abs and a 20% hp item is just stupid.. Great update

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: