Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Account Sharing  (Read 6253 times)
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »

Ok while account sharing isn't listed as not allowed in the TOS, it doesn't mention it is allowed either.   I can understand alts.  However in the case of account sharing other people can do your work for you and you don't have to do anything.   I have here proof of account sharing that I wish to share.  Let me say while I personally have no issues with HK and I appreciate everything he has done to help me,  I do think this is wrong and shouldn't be allowed.

Report to moderator   Logged
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »

geezs you going for most complaints in a month lol no wonder people have a go at you
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »

You'd be surprised at the number of people that help each other out.  Nothing wrong with it, until you try to do something to aide your own account...  most times the game will pick up on the IP match and so limit what you do.
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »

Well Emi told me account sharing isn't against the TOS.  But he basicly admitted that is because there is no way for him to actually enforce such a rule if it were made.  Something which I think is total bullcrap.  Helping a player is one thing.  But allowing someone to get on your account and do stuff for you is another. That isn't helping them. That is doing stuff for them.  That would be like a kid in school having another kid doing his homework for him and calling it helping.

davey boy I don't complain that often lol.  I have only had 3.  1 being on an issue both HK and I agree on.  One being this issue of account sharing which does bug me. Then that other where the guy is clearly violating the TOS and insulting me for no reason.   All pretty valid reasons.  With this issue here I have no personal issues with HK. It is just this sort of thing does bug me.  

So HK nothing against ya man. I just gotta speak my mind on this issue since it bugs me so much lol
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:36:45 AM »

its cool bro just jking laugh
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »

you are allowed to play multiple accounts. you cant attack off multiple accounts and you cant gain that much by helping the other account out either.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

you are allowed to play multiple accounts. you cant attack off multiple accounts and you cant gain that much by helping the other account out either.

Unless you do incursions for them.  In which case it is possible to get them a lot that can help them. Something which seems to happen quite often with these accounts.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »

it really dont give that much of a benefit.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »

But it can still help a lot.  Otherwise people wouldn't bother doing them at all. 
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »

hk is the only active player that does it.

i dont bother. it could give you more to attack at low power but really that just saves a bit of time because you still need to attack the same way.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:21:47 PM »

With what Emi did to incursions increasing the aliens that spawn though, number of targets isn't as big of a problem as it once was.  Also my issue is having someone else do it for you.  I feel someone should have to do the work themselves rather then have someone do it for you.  I certainly wouldn't want someone to come on my account and do stuff for me when I am not online or when I don't feel like it. 
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »

some people have very little time during the week and they dont want to lose out by not being able to play.

again its not an issue. you cant feed the accounts easily anymore.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

some people have very little time during the week and they dont want to lose out by not being able to play.

again its not an issue. you cant feed the accounts easily anymore.

That should be their problem. They should still do their own work rather then have other people do it for them.  I don't know which of the 2 in this case do more of the work but that really is irrelevant.  This sort of thing is almost the equivalent as using some sort of bot or script to do things in the game for you.  This is how I see it though.  You obviously see things differently then me.  But what can I expect from a guy who would shell out a  bunch of money to make sure he wins the round lol
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »

who ar eu talking about again??

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve