Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 03:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of Remote Attacks  (Read 4434 times)
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »

First let me say I do like this game.  But there is one thing about it that makes it very discouraging to play. Especially to newer players. That is remote attacks.  People can attack anyone anywhere and no matter what sort of extra protection may be there where your fleet is, they can still attack you.  To me that seems total bullshit and a little unfair.
Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »

Remote attacks are restricted to players within a certain power range, once the round gets older, you will find less people are in range of each other.
Early on, there is more attacking, just marine well, use powerships and dummies.
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »

Thanks for the good advice.   But if you had said that to me when I first joined I wouldn't have understood what you really ment.  Remote attacks are something I can see putting a lot of people off this game when they first join.  Especially when they have the same person blowing up their fleet every other day.  While I can afford to rebuild my fleets now and this isn't as crippling as early on, new players when starting out it is more hurtful for. Not to mention stocking up on marines can get costly and doesn't do much good when they have more marines then you.  A lot of new players might have a hard time keeping up. Older players have learned a lot of the game's secrets to moving up and down the ranking ladder to hit various players giving them more targets.  Newer players don't know these and all they typically have to work with are very outdated guides. Not to mention they are not always going to be able to afford to spend millions apon millions to fill up their ships with marines.  If it wasn't for the alliance I am in, I might be pretty clueless still on a lot of things in the game.  I understand better now how to deal with remote attacks and the limitations.  But I still think they are a bad thing and can put newbies off playing the game. I do have an idea of how to limit remote attacks without removing them though that might be a bit more fair.   Perhaps if someone moves their ships to a new location within say 5-10 min of the remote attack, the person launching the remote attack must wait 30 minutes to relocate that person.  This is of course providing their fleet hasn't already entered the nebula.  My first major case of being boarded  actually had like 7 or 8 attacks before I was sent to the nebula.
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 02:03:37 PM »

Another thing with marin'ing... first when you sell your ships, you get all the marines as credits back (providing you havent researched any marine mods in commander skills)
If you dont have powership cover, then someone can repeat attack to errode you marines away.  ( doing this is also a good way of draining players credits )
This game is a steep learning curve, get through the first few weeks, you should cope with the game.
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 01:22:05 AM »

You would think they would have to engage in a firefight before being able to get close enough to board in the first place.  The boarding in this game is just flawed.  I will stick with it.  But there is so much Emi could have done to make this better and less frustrating for newbies. It's no wonder so many people end up quitting.
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »

Ok some attacks I just made on a guy. Shows how unfair remote attacks are.

Assault Note

Jam-Jul Lison(#159103)'s Eta Squadron fleet engaged demonchild(#5078)'s Piercer Swarmer 2 fleet on the battlefield.
The fleet Eta Squadron did 105.472.206 damage to fleet Piercer Swarmer 2.
Jam-Jul Lison(#159103)'s Eta Squadron fleet destroyed 12.978 of demonchild(#5078)'s Piercer Swarmer 2 fleet.
The fleet Piercer Swarmer 2 did 137.417.682 damage to fleet Eta Squadron.
demonchild(#5078)'s Piercer Swarmer 2 fleet destroyed 2.082 of Jam-Jul Lison(#159103)'s Eta Squadron fleet.

The enemy armada was destroyed.
Show Battle Details

Assault result

Jam-Jul Lison(#159103)'s 2082 / 24000 (9%) Eta Squadron are destroyed during battle.

demonchild(#5078)'s 12978 Piercer Swarmer 2 are destroyed during battle.

You attacked demonchild(#5078)'s fleet and mothership from deep space.
You destroyed demonchild(#5078)'s 12978 ships and lost 2082/286004 ships.

Primary Objective: Destroy 10% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada than the enemy.
Your attack was successful and you gained 48 segments, while destroying 90 segments.
demonchild(#5078) lost more power than you during battle.
(+31 Exp)

After the battle, your forces check the enemy wrecks for salvage...
Something was found:
You found 10.131.939 credits.
1 x Gamma Suspensor
30 x Pinpointer Probe

Jam-Jul Lison(#159103)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
Jam-Jul Lison(#159103) found 61.627.200 credits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tried to raid demonchild(#5078)'s secret base.
You destroyed demonchild(#5078)'s 0 ships and lost 0/283922 ships.

Primary Objective: Destroy 10% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada than the enemy.
Your raid was successful and you captured 93.054 workers and 11.250 stashed credits.
In the chaos created by the raid, 1.395.814 workers where killed and 168.751 stash credits where destroyed.
(+10 Exp)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your raid was successful and you captured 45.038 workers and 5.445 stashed credits.
In the chaos created by the raid, 1.351.148 workers where killed and 163.351 stash credits where destroyed.
(+10 Exp)

Your raid was successful and you captured 152.747 workers and 18.467 stashed credits.
In the chaos created by the raid, 1.309.262 workers where killed and 158.287 stash credits where destroyed.
(+10 Exp)

Your raid was successful and you captured 168.720 workers and 20.398 stashed credits.
In the chaos created by the raid, 1.265.402 workers where killed and 152.984 stash credits where destroyed.
(+10 Exp)

Your raid was successful and you captured 101.865 workers and 12.315 stashed credits.
In the chaos created by the raid, 1.222.379 workers where killed and 147.783 stash credits where destroyed.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 46 segments, while destroying 85 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 44 segments, while destroying 81 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 42 segments, while destroying 77 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 40 segments, while destroying 73 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 37 segments, while destroying 70 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 36 segments, while destroying 66 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 34 segments, while destroying 62 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 32 segments, while destroying 60 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 30 segments, while destroying 57 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 29 segments, while destroying 54 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 28 segments, while destroying 51 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 26 segments, while destroying 49 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 25 segments, while destroying 46 segments.
(+10 Exp)

Your attack was successful and you gained 23 segments, while destroying 44 segments.
(+10 Exp)
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »

Another example though there would be too many reports to post.  I just hit thekook 88 times in a row.  Shame I can't get his segments to go below 28. That seems the lowest you can go.   Why did I hit him so many times?  Well he attacked me for no reason the day before yesterday.  I think it was that day.  So today I saw he had been on and moved up to my range.  I looted his base as much as I could. Then took him as low as I could on segments. lol. This though is another good example of remote attacks being a little unfair. lol
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:40:56 PM »

once they lose a certain amount of their assests they are put into a neb and if it took you 88 times to put him in a neb it seems like you did more damage to yourself by wasting turns than what you did to him

emy 12
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »

I had plenty of turns to waste anyways and I wanted to get down as many segments as I could.  Time was wasted more then any lol.  Still that and the prior attack I posted on here kind of show how unfair it can be.  The sheer number of either of these attacks is something that could make a newbie want to quit though lol
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 09:09:44 PM »

had you used as few as 500 empty hulls, you could have nebbed him with more like 5 hits, instead of 88, while taking a similar number of segs...
the beauty in this game is that you have to WANT to play it, to learn it, and to master it. if the desire is not already there... we probably dont want you anyway.
your desire is there, as you took the time to post here on the forum. so we want you. good job.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: