Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 01:22:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SpaceO updates April 1st Joke 2013  (Read 8433 times)
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »

These updates won't be occurring until later this week until the final tweaks are completed. There are a few more, but these are what I'm allowed to post.

Rounds are finishing too quick so a few modifications to mines and planets are being completed.

Replication will be capping at 10% input to prevent massive gains of resources.

Planet base credit gains will be reduced 50%

Secret asteroid base will now cap at 0.5% for non gold and 1% for gold

There are no more monetary gains for having your ships cloned

With all these negative updates there will also be a few positive ones added as well

Defense will now reduce more damage than previous (might make missions harder too from a player's standpoint)

There will be a new power formula to encorperate the new changes to defense (TBA)

3 new interactive missions are being added to the game. 1 worker, 1 turn, and 1 credit. Each with a few CP, segment, and item parts before the final. They are called "Borg's Escape, Doom's Day Experiment, and Round One" expect to see them in the next couple hours.

Alliances are only allowed 3 truces.

A new commander ability will be created to allow more truces.

Joint attacks will be allowed within alliances (power levels of ships will still have to remain close)

by the way. APRIL FOOLS
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:27:27 PM by Borg! » Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »

He better not implement these this round. If he does, I will quit. No joke.
I donated this round because I knew exactly what I was going to do. If he implements these now, with no warning, my strategy will go to poop and my donation will be for nought.
Either implement when the new round starts, or return my money.
---Wes

Edit: And why the hell is he giving us updates we havnt even asked for?! Hello!!!???! look at the suggestions thread, Emi!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:28:18 PM by V » Report to moderator   Logged

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
SuperXD
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »

The only thing i got out of that is more grinding for cp to make up for replication and better planets.
Report to moderator   Logged
highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »

humm well planets are not worth anything now so getting 50% less makes no sence at all. just another way to kill the game even quicker 12
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »

The planet issue will be simple.... just do without them... several players prove that planets aren't essential.
The funny thing is.. the strategy Kyles started this round will pay off for sure now!!
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »

No offense, but I think all of these suck, with the exception of the joint alliance attack thing, which has tons of potential to be a game changer in a good way.

Rounds aren't really that quick. Didn't we want dday to be available sooner, I missed the part where we complained they were too quick??? One quick round does not change the fact that it's still a 2-3 month process.

Replication is NOT a big enough issue to change. It's already a pain that minimum resource input was 1, where on WARS it was 0 so you could just neglect it for a week. If anything, this update is just a hassle. Not that rep tech is even useful anymore.

Changing planets, while I'll agree with it, it is no longer a priority patch and thus is incredibly stupid in terms of Emi's time use. It is much easier to play without a planet than with, and arguably faster at times, unless you can play like Skitzz (8-12 hours a day, which is the only reason the round was one month). The 50% less base production effectively nullify's planets though, as to get teched to where it'll produce well, would take a good week and a half/two weeks.

I see no reason not to leave royalties in the game. Players designed the ships themselves, and should receive something if another player uses them. It is only 2% of the price a player pays, and is never paid in full. The only possible issue there ever was for royalties was a maxed out player buying thousands of someone's ship, which as dday concludes as someone maxes, is not a problem.

Defense reducing more damage is a f**k**g terrible thing. Now everybody will switch from supers to superswarmers, and encounters/encrypts/aliens which have the 50-60% kill required will be insanely annoying, wasting turns everywhere. This is absolutely horrible, it will only serve to frustrate players. In my mind, it's no different from killer fleets.

Another new power formula is not a good thing either. Players are just now getting used to the new one, which was only adopted because of tinies. There were many other ways to break tinies, and the oldest formula was perfectly fine. This adds to frustration.

If interactive missions are to be added, remove all of the horrible ones. You know, the 'Oh hey you're 1Q fp and wanna do this mission, we'll give you 10k exp and 6.5k segs, maybe some hack cards if you're lucky' ones. Which, oh, is 99% of them. Add in the fail rates and interactives are a huge waste.

Alliance truces, whatever... I guess I'm indifferent at this point. There's only ever 3 good alliances anyways.

New commander ability? Remove the old ones for poop's sake.

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »

I am 100% convinced Emi wants everyone to quit.  These updates are poop

GO READ THE THREADS AND DO WHAT WE TOLD YOU WE WANTED!  DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IMPLIMENTING poop UPDATES THAT NOBODY WANTS!

I'm so done with Emi.....  So done

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

I am in concordance with everyone that these are terrible. this is complete garbage to max in a month Skitzz donated a ton of money to him so it is not like he lost any money especially when most keep it in game.funny that kyle had the perfect strategy for this round... and these updates ruin the purpose for stations and planets. planets were already garbage and stations were just helpful but not needed. I don't even think these updates will slow down the rounds at all just make the game grinding aliens until 1 tril power and then hopelessly searching the galaxy for things.

emy 12
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »

Guess kyle really is Emi  2 wounded1

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »

one positive: I like the updates about the alliances

emy 12
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »

wow none of these will help at all.

pritty much ensured i wont win the round because i knwo im going to get pissed off that the only way to play now involves 12 hours a day of grinding....

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:08:03 AM »

by the way. APRIL FOOLS

The only person to catch this was Comatose.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »

FUUUU***********
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:12:27 AM by Borg! » Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

but I have already made other plans for my summer now 10

emy 12
SirEmi