Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 09:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance truces / Joining alliance  (Read 9344 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »

i can see your point but what we have atm nla dominating. it isnt because alliance's are over powered its because no 1 else is fighting them.

atm there is 5 nla players vs pritty much you.

if alliances game benefits then you could try and team up with sat & fest or hk. bigs pve'ers into the allaince game a bit more because you could get benefits from them killing encounters or aliens and that would help you fight nla without them having to do anything different.

this encourages alliance forming or team work. you guys are getting beat because
a) your out #'ed
b) out played
c) they are already working together for each other.

i guarantee you if you worked together with the rest of the active players nla wouldnt have been suck a problem.

Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »

i can see your point but what we have atm nla dominating. it isnt because alliance's are over powered its because no 1 else is fighting them.

if alliances game benefits then you could try and team up with sat & fest or hk. bigs pve'ers into the allaince game a bit more because you could get benefits from them killing encounters or aliens and that would help you fight nla without them having to do anything different.

this encourages alliance forming or team work. you guys are getting beat because
a) your out #'ed
b) out played

i guarantee you if you worked together with the rest of the active players nla wouldnt have been suck a problem.

Yeah. We've been saying that... The main issue is that nobody is willing to work together. Alliance or not, if you have a common enemy you team up.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

will the alliance fleets affect the members power. eg: will it bump them up into someone elses attack range if they have the alliance fleets defending them?

No, the alliance fleet protecting the alliance member will not boost the member power, because that wouldn't help the member much, would be just like having some extra fleets.

The alliance fleets will protect the member at a lower power, making his defense more powerful. For example at 10 mil mothership power, the member can receive a 5 mil alliance fleet power protecting him. This means that when someone wants to attack the member, they would have to face some extra fleets, that is the alliance fleets, at a lower power that is the member power. So on defense, the member benefits from the alliance protection.

He can then just choose to have some main mission fleets, and if the alliance protects him, the alliance fleets will be above his mission fleets when on defense, effectively protecting the more or less newbie player.

Now with alliance fleets protecting on higher powers, this does mean it would even the odds a bit, as usually the attacker has the advantage of power, coming in with more fleets... we'll see how it affects attacks in the long run.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »

I can tell you how it will affect them right now. I appreciate that you are doing updates Emi, I seriously do. But I am NOt for this update. It will end up being more trouble than its worth. Just watch. The defender will be too powerful, and if attacker raises power to get past alliance defense, he will probably be out of the defenders range.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »

a) your out #'ed
b) out played

Yeah. We've been saying that... The main issue is that nobody is willing to work together. Alliance or not, if you have a common enemy you team up.

I disagree....  These updates would encourage everyone in the game to join NLA.  I mean think about it.  Even if HK, Sat, Kyle?, and I all teamed up, I still don't think we would be able to overcome NLA (Hk is hk, sat doesn't have enough time to play, and kyle started 5 days ago) so these updates would make it so that every member of nla would be able to get even further ahead of every non-nla player

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 03:46:20 PM »

NLA is not accepting just anybody. It's an invite only alliance just like Memoria, Loesc, and many others have been. Just truce other alliances and come after us.
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »

The point still stands that you will still overcome us.  We are still outnumbered as well as being out-skilled

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »

There's 4 of us that know how to play... 20 some of you... and a bunch of you know bits and pieces... people like HK know nearly as much as us... teach each other..
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »

But how many of those 20 plays are willing to invest enough to play at the top level.  It takes immense time commitment, as well as usually donating a good amount if they have no top 10 credit

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »

Last round I didn't donate a dollar. Or the round I played before that... I just listened to fury and cap. This round I didn't even do everything right but I'm playing at a really high level... I'm hardly even on now. I only hit 2-3 incursions a day at the early fps. That's all anybody needs. You don't need to be logged in all day like HK or spanks. It only takes a round or two to get really good. I'm sure if people asked NLA for help learning they'd give it. I mean, we all want competition.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »

a) your out #'ed
b) out played

I disagree....  These updates would encourage everyone in the game to join NLA.  I mean think about it.  Even if HK, Sat, Kyle?, and I all teamed up, I still don't think we would be able to overcome NLA (Hk is hk, sat doesn't have enough time to play, and kyle started 5 days ago) so these updates would make it so that every member of nla would be able to get even further ahead of every non-nla player

i dont think anyone wants to join NLA (fury is the devil).

and this would only be implemented at the start of a round. and would be beneficial early in the round.

i think the fleets would more then likely be used to defend the smaller members from the bigger guys dropping down to attack.

I can tell you how it will affect them right now. I appreciate that you are doing updates Emi, I seriously do. But I am NOt for this update. It will end up being more trouble than its worth. Just watch. The defender will be too powerful, and if attacker raises power to get past alliance defense, he will probably be out of the defenders range.

its so easy to attack anyway. especially since most of the attacking seems to be the bigger guys dropping down. will just make it more interesting.   

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: