Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 03:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Radical rethink of rankings firepower  (Read 2693 times)
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

Ok about time to put a new suggestion out there......

People obtaining a top 10 finish without playing the round does get many frustrated with all the effort they've put into playing several months only to see someone pop out of nowhere to take the glory.
  My suggestion.... incorporate research into the calculations for overall rankings. Each level gains you either a multiplication factor or just added to your total firepower. The current formula's would have to be decreased to account for this, otherwise maxing would be even easier.
 Doesn't matter what is researched, this way people have to play extensively to gain any benefit. this also promotes more active players throughout the round.
  Commander level could also be considered to be apart of this or as an alternative too.  You could have it that for every 500 tril of FP has to be met by a specific commander lvl or research lvl otherwise a penalty kicks in relative to the deficiency of required skill. This wouldnt penalise anyone early in the round but would begin to hurt at higher lvls later in the round. This would immediately hinder late joiners who power there way up into halls positions.
Anyway, feel free to debate either way.... no offense will be taken if you tell me not to quit my day job!!
Report to moderator   Logged
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

i think something that could fix the problem is that even on dday you cant attack anyone out of like 100x your power. because then the players wont be able just to take the top 10's pships.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »

yeah.. something needs to be done.. maybe a change on the way ships are boarded and captured... can't capture ships of someone so much higher than you

SuperXD
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

Maybe you could only capture as many ships as you have. So like you have 1000000000000 decoys then you could only capture that many pships 
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:43:02 AM »

We could always use the power calculation formula from SO Elite, it was designed as an improved fleet power formula.

But that would eliminate most of the powership tactics but it would make the top 10 fleet power more ship cost / asset related... could try for a round I guess, if enough players want it 1

- ship power formula:

accuracyPercent = (1+accuracy*9)/4; // max accuracy percent is 1

fleetPower = (fleetCost/2 + attack*accuracyPercent + defence*3 + hitpoints)/100 + absorb*500;

A much easier solution would be to make all ship that would be captured in boarding explode if DDAY is active, or when the attack power limitations are removed for DDAY members on Warning day. Would make sense, if you can attack someone 10000x your power, that you can't capture that many ships with your tiny fleet.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:56:07 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »

i like the the 2nd option

emy 12
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: