Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 08:50:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OH no's an unknown bug / Abuse / Feeding?  (Read 6281 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:59:42 AM »

Sigh, I hate posting here for sea-o poop since this is obviously spaceo's forum, but since sea-o is so neglected I doubt a report there would ever get noticed / cared for.

I also messaged Emi in-game, but got a "I'll check it out" then nothing has happened in the last few days except the suspected player increasing their power by 10x again, feeding another player 600 trillion (500 trillion more than what 1st had before the bug was used), and probably now feeding/teaching the bug to a third player.

He's probably been using the bug for a d**n long time - I was suspicious when the player (Fastattack) went from 200 bil power (after being 0red, most of that was actual ships too, smaller ones, not his leads) to 21 trillion power (no encounters/missions).  Then he jumped again to 42 trillion (both cases FULL marines) - but I let this slide. 

IT wasn't until a second player (Hedgehog) went mysteriously from 200 mil power (full fleets) to 650 billion power (cash only) overnight.

Then figuring maybe he just had a bunch of money, or that the bug takes up resources that he'd have to actually play to get back I kamied his top two ships (taking him down to 21 trillion) instead, he powered up (again) to 280 trillion (probably full marines) and a third player has now gone from 2 trillion to 40 trillion overnight with no missions/encounters.

At this point the abuse is retardly obvious, the "big players" getting a bit bigger was one thing, but going from 2 tril power (no marines) to 280 tril power (full marines) in a week without missions is impossible, no matter how much was saved.  and going from 200 mil (full fleets) to 650 bil (650 tril cash in hand)  over night is also impossible.

Please Emi for the love of God fix this - and not just "fix the bug"  reset/remove/ban the players taking place, they know full well they are doing it and know full well they are abusing the game.  they found something and decided instead of telling you about it to abuse it for their own gain.  At this point I think these players may of known the bug all along (maybe a bug fixed in a spaceo patch that wasn't fixed in sea-o) and probably came into the game knowing full-well they were going to abuse it in an attempt to "prove me wrong" with winning every round.  I expected a fair fight, but this is just stupid.
Report to moderator   Logged

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »

*wonders if this answers some questions about SO main posed by spanky, hk, fury, and others, about these same player's quick growth on main...*
Emi, maybe dig deep into this one?
---Wes

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

I think it does..

e(#1)
2012-03-05 10:16:36
Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the report on the exploiters, I've did a thorough investigation and found what they where using and fixed it. There where exploiting a bug to gain credits from insurance on mothership contracts.

I've zeroed the exploiters.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

-- something I never thought of, that I'm not sure was fixed in main either.. emi should look into it on main, see if anyone's been doing it.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »

Going to be hard to tell on main because they haven't played on main in a while but phos and fastattack both had very quick growth like that on main after i attacked both of them taking out a lot of mains as well... I thought something was up

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »

f**k.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

The problem with silly exploits like this, is while fixing one, another might arise. A risk whenever you change something, but trying to fix one thing usually results...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

Yeah, this was a big bug that went unnoticed for a long long time..  I'm glad it finally got caught, the spaceo players may of hidden it, but these guys on sea-o made it way to obvious...

Yeah, another will always come up, but its better to remove them when they surface.  back when I played spaceo i found sooo many bugs and told emi of all of them.  sometimes when he didn't think it was a big deal I abused the bug to prove it was (normally getting reset)

Abusing the Bounty
Trading in the Market
the space-glitch that allowed you to make a ship have millions of space but cost only the amount of a ship with 3 space... (rounding issue)
being able to hit a gold 10x with a slow connection and possibly win in multiple times...

- there were tons I don't remember too..  I just hate when people find these things and decide to exploit them instead of telling emi to get them fixed...

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »

I bet kyle won't ever return now. 16

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »

he probably got A LOT of top ten's because of that bug... sucks it took this long to find it - If i was playing, trust me, I woulda reported suspicious behavior years ago.  I noticed that kind of poop cause I'm on way to f-ing much and know when someone is powering up a bit too fast or something.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »

yeah but noticing is one thing. beating Emi into action is another. : /

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

*points at self* I'm good at that XD

normally multiple messages to emi, and if he doesn't reply in like 3-4 days, a forum post rant :p

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »

agreed. where you at these days bro? I saw you went to India or some poop like that?
I'm still trolling around doing my regular serial killer duties 16

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »

Well, back in.. wait why are we talking here? oh cause I don't sign into msn anymore XD

back in San Diego - India was for school 1 going to Europe/Korea in the winter it looks like :p

still writing, editing, school, work at the plantation (heh).  been most active here:  http://www.wattpad.com/user/Mr_Aek  with writing and poop as of late, and well, sea-o of course.. now I'm in first by about 1000x cause of the abusers... they kept powering up in a 4-man group, spawning huge missions they never did (cause they just cheated to get bigger)...  soooo naturally they kept spawning me tons of wonderful missions, which resulted in me now having 1.5 quad and 2nd place having like 10 tril >.<  I could probably max off interest with how slow the game plays now.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: